When will extra radiator brackets be available. I have 2 EK 480 PE rads and a XSPC ex360 rad. the 480s will be mounted at the top and I want to mount the 360 on one side. How do IO do that with only 2 brackets?

Thats not a problem, you just give up the ability to mount the hard drive cages.

So use the 2 brakets to mount the 3rd radiator and only use the hard drives you can fit under the motherboard, till the brackets are available.

Thinking about getting Core X1 and then having 360mm radiator at bottom and psu at front of the case sideways.

Anyone know if there is enough space between bottom and motherboard, the radiator will take 124mm.

According to the image in the first post there seems to be at least 120mm, but it looks like the bottom of the arrow is not at the very bottom of the case.

I agree that using the two brackets to mount the 3rd radiator horizontally makes the most sense. I will use the under motherboard tray for the boot ssd and use one of the 5 1/2" drive bays in the front for my HDD.

I want to use my XSPC Acrylic bay res with a Swiftech D5-655-b installed and have PLENTY of room with both HDD cages removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted and a lot happened. Sorry no pictures. I have to clean up the wiring etc before I show anyone.

I have the Core X9 with the following:

CPU:            Intel 5960x OC to 4.4Ghz

MB:              Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme

RAM:           Corsair DDR4-2133 16G (4x4)

HDD:           Samsung 850 EVO 500g (OS); WD Black 500g (data); WD Black 2TB (data)

VID:             2 Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290s in CF

PSU:           PC Power and Cooling 1200W Silencer III

Cooling:      CPU - EK Supremecy EVO Acetal/copper block;

GPUS - EK acetal/copper full blocks (gpu and vram cooling);

Radiators - 2 - XSPC RX480 V3s and 1 EK Coolstream 480 PE (tons of coolings)

Reservoir/pump - XSPC Twin D5 bay res with 2 Swiftech D5-655s running in series.

Fans - 12 AP15 Gentle Typhoons mounted in push mode controlled by a 6 channel NZXT fan controller (2 fans per channel)

I mounted the two RX480 rads to the top and mounted the single EK 480 rad horizontally on the right side of the case looking at from the front. I used one of the HDD mounting brackets and centered it and mounted the EK rad to it.

On the left side from front to back I have the bay/res facing the left side and then the HDD cage holding the ssd and 2 HDDs followed by the PSU. It's a tight fit but works. I use only distilled water with a silver coil and two drops of biocide.  The water flow is from the res/pumps to the EK 480 to the XSPC RX480s to the cpu then to the gpus and then back to the bay/res.

This case is AMAZING. A water coolers dream.

• 2 weeks later...

Chiobe: I took your advice and redid my build last night. I mounted my EK Coolstream rad and fans on the 2 HDD brackets and then attached it to the right side of the case just as you had done. The tubing run is better. I also remounted the top 8 fans so all of the fan wires went to the middle I was able to use pair of 2 and had 4 fan controller wires to connect them. I was ablt to "hide the wiring" between the 2 rads. Once I get this picture posting issue figured out on this forum i'll post.

Still not as "pretty" as your build but MUCH cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have a question regarding the Core X2:

Is it possible to fit a 240mm next to a 360mm rad (both in the bottom) in front of a 140mm long PSU?

That's the only concern I have with this case :D if its possible, I would be able to fit 3x 360mm and 1x 240mm rads in a matx build lol

Hello there,

I have a question regarding the Core X2:

Is it possible to fit a 240mm next to a 360mm rad (both in the bottom) in front of a 140mm long PSU?

That's the only concern I have with this case :D if its possible, I would be able to fit 3x 360mm and 1x 240mm rads in a matx build lol

Regarding to your question:

It is possible to fit a 240mm rad in front of a 140mm PSU next to a 360mm rad.

for more details you can refer to the first post, under "Workable Dimension for Planning Your Build:"

you should get most of the dimension on the Core X2.

Just received my x9 today and wandering how can I get the second PSU support bracket? It isn't listed in Tt store.

You can contact our customer support, they should be able to help you out.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out a way to mount two 480mm rads vertically in the front of two stacked core x2 cases?

I have two PE 480s andd this got me thinking of how to squeeze them into stacked X2 cases. Judging from them measurements I saw posed it looks impossible to put them both up top horizontal so the front is probably the only option. It looks like there is enough room left to right but since I dont have them in from of me its hard to tell. Would probably have to use to supplied top brackets to make it work.

Thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey ... Just Joined .. Been working on my Core X9 WC rig .. Any way to get an Extra Top Radiator support bracket ? i have 2 480 Koolance Rads up top and wanted to look into adding another on the backside .. Right now i am Running SLI Titan Xs and was thinking about bringing that to 4 so id love to add an extra Rad 

Also i have having a hard time finding where to mount my Res , its 80X240 MM and i just can't find a great spot to mount it on the bottom 

I will post Picture of what i got so far soon

IMG_6331.jpg IMG_6332.jpg IMG_6334.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there, I am getting ready to do a build out of a TT Core X9 and I was thinking about liquid cooling. I know all about closed loop options, but am much less familiar with a custom loop. So, here is my question:

Q. Would it be better for me to used closed loop options only like the GTX Titan X Hybrid as well as the closed loop cooler i have specified for the CPU I will be using, or should I look into getting a full custom loop liquid cooler? I know that a custom loop takes quite a bit more maintenance, and I like more of the hands free approach, after the build is complete of course, but which method should I use? Thanks for any help that you can provide and see below for current build specs. 

PCD_R
https://www.facebook.com/PCDesignerR

x1 TT Core X9 case.

x1 Intel i7-5960X 8 core 3.0Ghz Processor.

x1 Asus X99 Delux MB with U3.1.

x1 AX series 1200i 1200 watt PSU from Corsair.

x1 Corsair sleeved cable kit RED for modular PSU. 

x1 Set of 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Quad Channel 3000Mhz memory. 

x1 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD.

x1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD.

x1 GTX Titan X Superclocked GPU.
x1 Corsair H100i GTX 280mm closed loop High Peformance CPU liquid cooler.

Lots of 120mm Corsair High Performance Edition case fans. 
All case fans will have a fine mesh fan filter over each fan. 

A few more 140mm case fans and possibly one or two 200mm's, all filtered. 

The desktop will include an Asus AC wireless card. 

The desktop will include an external Asus blu-ray reader/writer. 

I am thinking of adding a liquid cooling loop that cools the GPU, CPU, and chipset, among other things, but may need additional help as I have not installed a custom loop LCS before. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Regarding to your question:

It is possible to fit a 240mm rad in front of a 140mm PSU next to a 360mm rad.

for more details you can refer to the first post, under "Workable Dimension for Planning Your Build:"

you should get most of the dimension on the Core X2.

is it possible to have two 360 radiator in the top (with fans) and also to use the 5,25 slots?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just got my first Core x2 case. I am attempting to setup my WC but I have questions that are not found in the documentation or otherwise. Helpful things I would like to know.. For starters I will be using 260mm rad on top with 180mm base - but i dont know which thickness to use for this rad. I want to make sure I buy the right one. Also the second rad is 360mm on left side with 120 mm based fans and I too need to know what is the best thickness for the rad. If anyone has any helpful info about this.. I would be most grateful. I will be water cooling the CPU, RAM, GPU, and motherboard.

Also a side question. What would be the preferred size of the hard tube size, i was thinking 1/2 in diameter. Also what pump and how many reservoirs would work best as I do want to disperse the cooling among both rads/

I guess to better consolidate my questions. What is the maximum thickness of all the rad layouts for the core x2. This is not listed any where that I can tell. 

Hello, I just got my first Core x2 case. I am attempting to setup my WC but I have questions that are not found in the documentation or otherwise. Helpful things I would like to know.. For starters I will be using 260mm rad on top with 180mm base - but i dont know which thickness to use for this rad. I want to make sure I buy the right one. Also the second rad is 360mm on left side with 120 mm based fans and I too need to know what is the best thickness for the rad. If anyone has any helpful info about this.. I would be most grateful. I will be water cooling the CPU, RAM, GPU, and motherboard.

Also a side question. What would be the preferred size of the hard tube size, i was thinking 1/2 in diameter. Also what pump and how many reservoirs would work best as I do want to disperse the cooling among both rads/

I guess to better consolidate my questions. What is the maximum thickness of all the rad layouts for the core x2. This is not listed any where that I can tell. 

Any thickness will work it depends on what you do after that.I had a xspc 360 with just push fans but there was plenty of room for pull also. but i moved to a core x9 for more room. You need to check the rads to see what fans they need and so on

Is this your first WC loop?

Any thickness will work it depends on what you do after that.I had a xspc 360 with just push fans but there was plenty of room for pull also. but i moved to a core x9 for more room. You need to check the rads to see what fans they need and so on

Is this your first WC loop?

Many differnt questions. I think the best think is you are familiarize with watercooling, than you would see that many question could be answered yourself.

For example I have two radiators (45mm thick), a waterpump and one reservoir in my core x2 for cooling the cpu and gpu. The system in my configuration is still quiet.