Thermaltake DPS G App2.0 Smart Software

Tt Andy

Hope someone has a simple answer to a simple question!

If I change the colour of the PSU fan ring in the RGB tab of the software, how can I make sure it "remembers" the new colour after the PC restarts? It's driving me mad to have to keep changing it to match the rest of my system every time...

Thanks!

15 hours ago, hallster said:

Hope someone has a simple answer to a simple question!

If I change the colour of the PSU fan ring in the RGB tab of the software, how can I make sure it "remembers" the new colour after the PC restarts? It's driving me mad to have to keep changing it to match the rest of my system every time...

Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately, the RGB setting is not saved in the power supply itself, but the software should be able to remember the setting every time you turn on your PC.

That means every time the DPS G PC app is loaded while turning on the PC, the RGB lighting should be turned into the color you have set previously.

• 1 month later...

I have on of the 1000W PSU and installed the DPS app on my PC which went decently but unfortunately this was all part of a system build/upgrade and I had to create a new user and migrate things to it.  The DPS G app now launches and creates a tray icon which goes away as soon as I mouse over it.  If I return to the old user profile by signout/on, it comes right up.  Tried a full uninstall and reinstall and the only profile it works on is the old one I don't want.

The event log gives an exception in module QtCore.dll, code 0xc0000005.  No I've tried all the tricks I can think of but can't get this to work properly.

Mike

On 9/13/2017 at 4:09 AM, bsbd said:

I have on of the 1000W PSU and installed the DPS app on my PC which went decently but unfortunately this was all part of a system build/upgrade and I had to create a new user and migrate things to it.  The DPS G app now launches and creates a tray icon which goes away as soon as I mouse over it.  If I return to the old user profile by signout/on, it comes right up.  Tried a full uninstall and reinstall and the only profile it works on is the old one I don't want.

The event log gives an exception in module QtCore.dll, code 0xc0000005.  No I've tried all the tricks I can think of but can't get this to work properly.

Mike

Hi Mike,

can you provide the specification of your system (before and after upgrade)?

and it seems like the Visual C++ Redistributable needs to upgrade to latest version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

please let me know if the problem is solved after upgrading C++ package.

My system prior to upgrade was a different PSU, evga X99 FTW mobo, I7-6800k, evga 1080 GTX.  New system has the DPS G 1000W PSU, asrock X299 taichi, I7-7800X, dual evga 1080 GTX.  I installed the software under a different profile at first and now am trying to get it to work with this new one (the old windows profile is broken so hence the need to change it).  Windows 10 aniversary edition installed.  I still have the old profile and can run the DPS app under that so I know in some way the C++ libraries are working.  I did go to the link mentioned and installed that version with the same effect but slightly different error in the windows logs:

Exception in module VCRUNTIME140.dll, ver: 14.10.25017.0, exception code 0xc0000005.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no good results.

Hi Mike,

Are you saying the DPS G PC App was working before you updated Windows?

regarding to the error code you provided, the C++ package is not completely installed.

Can you uninstall the C++ Redistributable package and reinstall that again?

and make sure you install the the file "vc_redist.x86.exe"

ok, I got frustrated with this profile problem and just reloaded windows from scratch (windows 10 v1703).  tried to load the app first thing and it came up with an error in device manager saying "Device Descriptor Request Failed".  Ok, fine, the header on the motherboard was maybe bad so I have a usb cable that goes to the external ports and tried that, same result to both usb2 and usb3 interfaces.  

The software isn't faulting now but haven't gotten to the point where the software actually runs at this point.  I went through several of the options from a google search with no results.  Bit stuck here for a solution.

OK, well got it working by shutting it all down, unplugging the power and starting it all back up.  Not quite as robust as I'd have expected but at least the app is starting now.

New issue now that it's working is that the cpu and gpu meters are showing 0 watts which is a tad odd since I know the cpu is powered up and as far as I know there is just the 24pin atx connector and the 8pin aux power connector tot he cpu.  Just wondering if it's some sort of delay in the software to measure that.  

The counters that are displayed show volts, temp, fan speed and watts (which isn't correct since I'm monitoring at the outlet it's plugged into which is around 90-100watt and the software shows 19 watts.

Mike

How does the PSU and it's monitoring work.  I was under the impression that it's monitoring the PSU and what power it's providing to the ports that are plugged into it, not the sensors on the motherboard and GPU's.  In any event, I can understand it not seeing my Motherboard since it's very new but the graphics are nvidia 1080 GTX (2 of them) which isn't exactly fresh onto the shelves.

hi Mike,

The PSU has built in microcontroller unit that can collect the power supply status, including output voltage, output current, fan speed, and so on.

basically, the readings of power supply status are available because of the unit.

on the other hand, the CPU and VGA card information can be read only if motherboard and VGA cards provide such the information.

but sometimes it will support the CPU & VGA monitoring after updating the software.

Is there anything special I need to setup in the Bios?  My DPS 850 Gold isn't being recognized by my PC.  Windows 10 and an Asus Prime Z270-A.  I reset the Bios to factory defaults.  Tried connecting using the supplied cable to an on-mobo USB header.  Also tried different cables to USB 2.0 and 3.1 ports on back.  Still not being recognized and nothing in Device Manager like unknown device.  Should I take it back or get it tested?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/9/22 at 10:03 AM, hamesh said:

Is there anything special I need to setup in the Bios?  My DPS 850 Gold isn't being recognized by my PC.  Windows 10 and an Asus Prime Z270-A.  I reset the Bios to factory defaults.  Tried connecting using the supplied cable to an on-mobo USB header.  Also tried different cables to USB 2.0 and 3.1 ports on back.  Still not being recognized and nothing in Device Manager like unknown device.  Should I take it back or get it tested?

Hi Hamesh

Could you try to use MB usb pin to PSU connection? Reference picture.

If it also cannot work normally. Could you provide your PSU model name and pictures.

Thank you your report.

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just installed a Toughpower iRGB DPS 850 PSU and the DPS G Software errors for USB connection failure yet I have a Kraken 62 AIO cooler operating on the same USB port.  I checked the usb cable from the PSU and it's secure there as well as my usb hub.  I downloaded and installed the latest software dated 10/23/2017 with no change.  Any Ideas?

Here's a shot of the error message:

2017-11-03_13-50-20.thumb.png.9c97a0093b4214d2eb4cfb551766cb4e.png

• 3 months later...

Hello.

After updating Windows Tt app to version 3.0 I'm receiving errors "The fan speed of the power supply operates abnormally. Please make sure that your power supply fan is working" and "Warning! Detect abnormal activity on PSU. Please contact local retailer store for further assistance if you have questions in troubleshooting" every 10-15mins. I have tried to reinstall App, reinstall C++ - without any luck. These errors are showing up when PSU is plugged in straight to motherboard and also when I'm using USB internal hub. Any ideas what can I do because it's more than annoying.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5.03.2018 at 3:27 AM, Darren YangTt Spm said:

Hi Lorick, 

could you help us to send email to tony.peng@thermaltake.com

thanks

Is this some kind of joke? I thought this is official forum with proper customer service. After few weeks I'm receiving reply asking to send an email to some guy, without any explanation who is that person. What's next? Will you give me a phone number to your factory in China and tell me to call them to speak with your engineer? Never seen such a poor customer service. You know what, I can't be bothered anymore. I'm done with your products and I will do everything to let my family and frineds know what kind of company you are.

Hi Lorick,

sorry for causing you misunderstanding, we are trying our best to help you solve this issue, so we arrange one professional customer service 

currently we just launch new version of DPS G PC APP, please try to install the new one here, which can help you solve the warning alert issue

http://www.thermaltake.com/Power_Supply/Toughpower_Series_/Toughpower_DPS_G/C_00002916/Toughpower_DPS_G_RGB_750W_Gold_/Support.htm

sorry again

• 1 year later...

hello guys . so dps g app updated automaticly today 3.7.1 . Tried to run it and then no connection with the power supply error . so trieed restart . reinstalling c++ .  reseted the cables . nothing works !!! Then i fresh reinstalled windows 10 64bit  and it worked fine .. i turned it on today and the error is back !!! Please fix this !!!!!225317004_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.23-06_26_31_11.thumb.png.e76438e7add4d793d95e8af3b57934b1.png