Core X9

Chiobe

This project is scrapped, as the Core X9 didnt have as much space as I though.

--

RIght now is there not enough info on none standard builds, like a mid mounted PSU and harddisks (for 4x 480mm rad build, 2 top, 1 each side).

Or for that mather, a 6x 480mm rad setup. There is just enough space in the bottom for 4 rads: a 480mm rad have 130mm width, meaning there is 120mm space left in the width, which should be enough space for 2 rads with fans (it might be a few mm too little, but that is adjustable).

But that means the PSU will have to be mounted else where, and there dont seem to be any place to do so.

And there is also the total overkill 12x 480mm rad setup with 2 cases, which has simular type of problems, but it again comes down to mounting points and how much you can stuff inside the case (not to mention, where).

So is there somewhere to get better info the on whats possible right out of the box? And what can be done (in terms of space available), if you do some modding?

Hello Chiobe,

the double radiator setup at the bottom is supported in stacking mode and if the PSU is mounted in the other stacked case. There is no alternative space for the PSU intended.

The same applies to the drive cages. Up to 3 drives can be installed at the ODD slots, however.

Also, a radiator can only be mounted at the side without PSU/drive bays. This means the maximum amount of radiators at the same time (non-stacked) is 6 (1 front, 1 rear, 1 side, 2 top, 1 bottom).

If you give us a rundown of what you want to do, we can check if that is possible - or you can read a review (a couple are already published). Since the cases are exclusively distributed through some key clients with online shops, it is not possible to have a look at the chassis at the store next door.

I have seen very few builds that make use of the space infront of the motherbord.

And as seen by the Brimstone build, so can you mount stuff there, just lack the bracets to do so.

1 or 2 metal bars with mounting points should allow hd case and psu to be mounted there, while still leaving room for air flow and reservoir.

16209741761_4b22d0e94f_c.jpg

I have checked around, but it dont seem to be any full list of measurements.

I can find the Dimensions 502 x 380 x 640 mm, but nothing on how much space there is in the lower bay, nor how big the motherbord tray is (so I know space infront of it).

Depending on how much space there is, so might it be possible to fit 4x 480mm rads in the lower bay. I have to make new mounting points for the 2 on the bottom panel, but it only works if the mounting system for the side mounted 480mm rad, leaves enough room in the bottom.

If I use a 38mm thick rad (cant seem to find thinner in my usual shops), so is there enough space for the rads, but a small conflict with the fans, depending on how stuff line up.

38mm rad + 25mm fan + 130mm wide rad + 130mm wide rad + 38mm rad + 25mm fan = 386mm

So it only works if the side mounted rad can be mounted at least 39mm above the bottom panel, since that gives an extra 10mm to go on or I need to find a thinner model to use on the side.

Then I only need to make some sort of system to mount my PSU ether on top of a rad, or next to the motherbord, plus maybe make a place to mount a few harddisk, since front will most likely have reservoirs, for easy access.

So I really only need a drill and a few sheets of metal, but without more info, so is it hard to plan the build. Since I dont want to wait 2-4 weeks after I get my hands on the case, before starting the build.

So I have managed to find all the parts for this build (No sponsors):

Case - Thermaltake Core X9

Water Cooling:

4x RAD:

EK-CoolStream PE 480 (4x120mm fans) (38mm thick)

2x RAD:

EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 480 (4x120mm fans) (64mm thick)

2x PUMP:

EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140 (Laing pump PWM 4-pin) (Reservoir 140x60mm)

1x CPU:

EK-Supremacy - Full Nickel

2x GPU:

EK-FC970 GTX TF5 - Nickel (MSI TF5 nVidia GTX970)
EK-FC970 GTX TF5 Backplate - Black

Fans (on there way):

16x Scythe Slip Stream Slim (120x120x12mm) (2000 rpm)

8x Scythe Ultra Kaze (120x120x38mm) (3000rpm)

Fan Controll:

Lamptron FC5 V3 (6 Fan Channels (max. 30 W per channel)

Hardware (from my current pc):

MB:
MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, Socket-2011-3

CPU:
Intel Core i7-5930K, Socket-LGA2011-3

GPU:
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB PhysX

RAM:

Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB)

Storage:

Crucial MX100 SSD 512GB 2,5" 7mm
WD AV-GP 4TB

PSU:

Cooler Master V1000, 1000W PSU

Wow Chiobe, it looks like its going to be a awesome build!! 

I cant wait to see the build progress, regarding the dimensions we will ask our engineers to provide detailed dimensions you are after :)

That will really help, so I can be 100% sure that my math is right.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I have managed to find all the parts for this build (No sponsors):

Case - Thermaltake Core X9

Water Cooling:

4x RAD:

EK-CoolStream PE 480 (4x120mm fans) (38mm thick)

2x RAD:

EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 480 (4x120mm fans) (64mm thick)

2x PUMP:

EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140 (Laing pump PWM 4-pin) (Reservoir 140x60mm)

1x CPU:

EK-Supremacy - Full Nickel

2x GPU:

EK-FC970 GTX TF5 - Nickel (MSI TF5 nVidia GTX970)

EK-FC970 GTX TF5 Backplate - Black

Fans (on there way):

16x Scythe Slip Stream Slim (120x120x12mm) (2000 rpm)

8x Scythe Ultra Kaze (120x120x38mm) (3000rpm)

Fan Controll:

Lamptron FC5 V3 (6 Fan Channels (max. 30 W per channel)

Hardware (from my current pc):

MB:

MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, Socket-2011-3

CPU:

Intel Core i7-5930K, Socket-LGA2011-3

GPU:

RAM:

Storage:

Crucial MX100 SSD 512GB 2,5" 7mm

WD AV-GP 4TB

PSU:

Cooler Master V1000, 1000W PSU

Is there something missing from this? I notice you have some Kingston products there but I didn't see Kingston in the list.