Core V21 Build 2015

DJMACRAE

DJ MACRAE      2015 CORE V21

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002559

I purchased the V21 a few days ago, however, seems that the UK supplier jumped the gun and advertised before they had stock, so a 2-3 week waiting period commences, but that gives me time to have a good think on what parts to install, so far, for the case, we have

Asus AM3 micro ATX USB3 motherboard

AMD FX 4300 Quad Core  4.2 Ghz CPU

8 Gigs of DDR3 1800MHZ

AMD 7870 "TAHITI" PowerColour 2gb

1 TB HDD 7200rpm

I have also scraped together a couple of Red LED 120mm fans, and a 750 watt power supply, and a 160 watt cpu cooler.

As a base system, its not too shabby, cant call it a performance system though, but it still can handle most games at 1080p, and thats what matters,  hopefully I should see better performance due to less heat when the system is built.

As for mods, well I have already ordered some carbon fibre vynl , enough to cover the whole case if I wish, I also ordered one of those cheap 4 fan controllers you see on ebay for $10, this will probably be stored in the case until I figure out how to get a 5.25 inch VDF display/controller installed, until then, the cheap 4 fan box will do, I also plan to install a custom made LED panel on one side of the case, this panel will move to sound and features a inbuilt grapgic EQ, its gonna catch the eye, and will be the feature of the case.

I will update as orders come in......

post-4431-0-11069100-1421448576_thumb.jpg

keyboard came in today, I paid just £14 for a 3 colour rgb board, i might play about and see if I can use the carbon fibre to highlight it so it matches the case,as it was only £14 there are no zones or such, just a plain keyboard with no branding, but is waterproof and backlit, and means i can play about with colours.

As for games, pretty much anything that catches my eye I will try, at the moment I have Elite Dangerous, Heroes and Generals, World of Tanks, I tend to play one for a few weeks then shift to another, stops me being bored with one title, the grinds on games today really do make me wish for a simpler time

also, some good news the case was dispatched yesterday, and should be with me early next week

post-4431-0-08312800-1421448467_thumb.jpg

keyboard came in today, I paid just £14 for a 3 colour rgb board, i might play about and see if I can use the carbon fibre to highlight it so it matches the case,as it was only £14 there are no zones or such, just a plain keyboard with no branding, but is waterproof and backlit, and means i can play about with colours.

As for games, pretty much anything that catches my eye I will try, at the moment I have Elite Dangerous, Heroes and Generals, World of Tanks, I tend to play one for a few weeks then shift to another, stops me being bored with one title, the grinds on games today really do make me wish for a simpler time

also, some good news the case was dispatched yesterday, and should be with me early next week

Nice games, i like to switch my games around too or else i get bored too.. your right games these days is all grind grind grind 

Anyway seems like its going to be a great build, excited to see the result

My gpu was running seriously hot in my old case, the gpu is a 7870 Tahiti, based on the 7950, many call it the 7930, this card is legendary for giving a 7950 performance for 7800 pricing, my guess is amd wont ever do this again, a lot of cards were returned bacause of heat problems and bad silicon, I seem to have been given a decent one, it outperform the 270x and once overclocked can outperfrom a 7950 by around 5%, PCS, Club3d and Saphire all released versions of it, with the club 3d looking the most stable, it can hit 1200 from a stock 925, so thats a great overclock and makes the card a stonking budget buy, I have seen second hand ones for just £80 here in the UK, so anyone wanting a budget sytem would do well to get one of these, I plan to crossfire it later this year, because I know the V21 can handle it, my old case didnt.

Although 2 years old now, it still pushes most games to 60fps @1080p

• 2 weeks later...

so, all the stuff is in, the 4 fan controller, carbon fibre and the crazy led eq, let the modding commence !

having lived with the case for a few weeks, I am very impressed, I paid just £50, and although its the most iv ever spent on a case, I think I got a bargain, temps are excellent, and the dust filtration means my pc has never been  this clean, or quiet

so, all the stuff is in, the 4 fan controller, carbon fibre and the crazy led eq, let the modding commence !

having lived with the case for a few weeks, I am very impressed, I paid just £50, and although its the most iv ever spent on a case, I think I got a bargain, temps are excellent, and the dust filtration means my pc has never been  this clean, or quiet

Cant wait to see the build commence! pics pics pics :)

• 2 years later...

I too own a Core V21 chassis. Does anyone here experience POWER button & RESET button not working or require multiple press just to make it work. If so, what's your fix? I am so very sorry for hijacking this post for off topic question because no one answer my original post. Please enlighten this poor soul if anyone know any solution because my POWER button is dead and my RESET button is dying. I don't know how I can start up my PC if both buttons fail.