Speaker elevation.

HappyBuddhaman

I have a set of Corsair SP2500 speakers, quite good to be honest.  Do you guys keep speakers on your desk, or elevate them on stands / shelves?  I have these on my desk, but am considering putting them on shelves on my wall, I kinda have them rigged there now, and am am getting a better effect from them having them a little further away.  These things can really crank, and having them close seems to throw the balance of everything off.

I currently have them on my desk but i have a foam pad that my sub sits on, without it my desk shakes and when i game its quite annoying lol

Honestly i would rather have my sub on the floor and satellites on the desk but due to space concerns i am unable to do that :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

There are several reasons why the sound of a system sounds the way it does. The most common problem with a sound system is that the loudspeakers are not high enough. Well, not exactly high, but not in a good, right place. Speaker elevation is a must to make your sound system sounds good. Speaker elevation is the height difference between the front speakers and the side speakers. The front speakers should be higher than the rest of the speakers. In most of the cases, the speakers should be placed as shown in the picture below. (Not exactly, but it looks like that)  essay writing service 12 hours

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2015 at 8:34 PM, HappyBuddhaman said:

I have a set of Corsair SP2500 speakers, quite good to be honest.  Do you guys keep speakers on your desk, or elevate them on stands / shelves?  I have these on my desk, but am considering putting them on shelves on my wall, I kinda have them rigged there now, 3utools and am am getting a better effect from them having them a little further away.  These things can really crank, and having them close seems to throw the balance of everything off.

I have 5.1 sub system, I hang the Speakers around my room corners to get 3d sound effect. 

• 2 weeks later...