Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON - Intermittently typing "m" twice...?

GameQber

I have a weird issue that just came up recently. My keyboard will intermittently type "m" twice. It only happens with that key - all the others are fine.

I've always taken good care of this keyboard since I bought it in February of 2014. It's weird how it just happened randommly (there's an example) one day about a week ago and it's been like that ever since.

Is there something wrong with the keyboard, or is it something that I can fix myself?

Guest Tt Josh

I have a weird issue that just came up recently. My keyboard will intermittently type "m" twice. It only happens with that key - all the others are fine.

I've always taken good care of this keyboard since I bought it in February of 2014. It's weird how it just happened randommly (there's an example) one day about a week ago and it's been like that ever since.

Is there something wrong with the keyboard, or is it something that I can fix myself?

Hey GameQber! Issue has already been escalated!

Will keep you updated! ;)

Following up - I popped off a few keys around the "M" key, since I noticed once in a while the "L" key would do the same thing. I used my air compressor to clean out any dirt/dust, and placed the keys back on the keyboard.

So far, after using it for a couple hours, it's been just fine. Tautlih may have been right about just having a little dust in the keys. I'll post another update if it comes back, but so far, so good!

Guest Tt Josh

Following up - I popped off a few keys around the "M" key, since I noticed once in a while the "L" key would do the same thing. I used my air compressor to clean out any dirt/dust, and placed the keys back on the keyboard.

So far, after using it for a couple hours, it's been just fine. Tautlih may have been right about just having a little dust in the keys. I'll post another update if it comes back, but so far, so good!

Hey GamerQber, Thanks for the update.

We're still reviewing the issue and will surely provide updates for you soon.

If you have further updates, just tell us anytime! ;)

Thanks again, Josh.

After using the keyboard for about a week, the "m" key has been fine. It seems like it's a couple other keys doing it now, but far less frequently; the "n" and "s" keys. Weird ... I wonder if I just blew the dust under other keys when I cleaned it. It didn't seem that dirty. That's also assuming it is dust in the first place.

I might just pick a day to pop off all the keys and clean everything. Any suggestions on how I should clean it, aside from an air compressor?

Guest Tt Josh

Thanks again, Josh.

After using the keyboard for about a week, the "m" key has been fine. It seems like it's a couple other keys doing it now, but far less frequently; the "n" and "s" keys. Weird ... I wonder if I just blew the dust under other keys when I cleaned it. It didn't seem that dirty. That's also assuming it is dust in the first place.

I might just pick a day to pop off all the keys and clean everything. Any suggestions on how I should clean it, aside from an air compressor?

Hey GameQber, We're encountering some issues for some of the POSEIDON keyboard with double clicking issue, we'll get back to you soon! ;)

Hi,

I've had the KB-POI-BRPLUS-01 for about a year now and this is something that I've also been experiencing for a couple months. Let me just say there is nothing more infuriating than a long day of constant typos which you know are not your fault. Even more so when you do a lot of coding.

I've read on other mechanical keyboard forums that you should actually not blow compressed air into the switches, as it can actually make the problem worse if dust or condensation somehow ends up being forced deeper down into the switches. The general recommendation is to turn the keyboard upside down and shake any crumbs, cat hair, etc. out. This weekend I took the time to take all the key caps off and do a very careful removal of all dust and hair without blowing. I also cleaned all of the key caps using warm water and a small amount of dish soap. This seems to have helped for about 24 hours, but now I'm being to seeing the "chattering" again.

At the moment, I am using a software solution, via an accessibility feature called "bounce keys". What this essentially does is ignore any repeated key-presses within a certain number of milliseconds. Right now I have it set at 25ms, which is impossible for me to physically achieve even after an extra large cup of java, and it seems to filter all of the chatter out very well. However, this is not the ideal solution as there may be situations when I'm using this keyboard without the accessibility feature being on (I'm on Linux, so an example would be when I'm in a non-graphical terminal).

So that's my story. I really loved this keyboard in the past year as it's my first mechanical keyboard, but this issue has made me wonder if I should have spent a little extra money on a different brand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey GameQber, We're encountering some issues for some of the POSEIDON keyboard with double clicking issue, we'll get back to you soon! ;)

Hey Josh! Any update on the issue? I know it's still under warranty for another year. There are a couple other letter keys doing the same thing recently. It's happening on a day-to-day basis, so it gets old quick!

Let me know if there's anything I can do in the meantime, aside from just getting another keyboard.

By the way - thanks for the tips, drelyn. I'll look into that bounce keys software, too.

Scary, but it looks like this issue is pretty common ... I just noticed all the negative reviews on Newegg about this same exact issue, and I'm not sure if Thermaltake is doing much about it aside from replacing the keyboard if it's under warranty:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162027  (scroll down to the reviews)

Is there going to be an actual fix for this, or am I just going to be getting a replacement of the same model that will eventually have the same problem? I hate to start sounding negative, but that's a pricey keyboard to only last about a year! :(

Guest Tt Josh

No worries, Josh - I appreciate the consistent follow-ups! I'm in central Massachusetts.

Hey GameQber,

We would like you to have a fully functional unit with no discrepancies!

Please contact Customer Support at your earliest convenience.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T) ;)

Hi Josh,

I truly appreciate the constant follow-ups and making sure everything goes smoothly.

It looks like Thermaltake makes the customer pay for shipping on RMAs (to return it). While I can understand that it may be common for many companies to charge for shipping on warranty replacements, it seems unfair to me when this is an issue affecting what seems to be a high percentage of keyboards of this model. I don't see the value in putting any more time or money into a defective keyboard that will likely be replaced with the exact same model, which will eventually have the same issue.

I'm choosing not to pay for shipping and going forward with a warranty replacement. I'll just buy from a different brand from now on.

Thank you anyway for your efforts and dedication to this matter.

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue twice now, first one was purchased towards the end of 2015 and RMA in Jan 2016 and now after a year the issue came back on the replacement keyboard, it is funny most of the keys that are double/triple clicked are on the bottom. Mainly the z x cc v b n mmm keys, I am quite tired to keep going back to ccorrect the multiple keypresses. 

I have the same issue twice now, first one was purchased towards the end of 2015 and RMA in Jan 2016 and now after a year the issue came back on the replacement keyboard, it is funny most of the keys that are double/triple clicked are on the bottom. Mainly the z x cc v b n mmm keys, I am quite tired to keep going back to ccorrect the multiple keypresses. 

Really sorry for that. Could you please contact:

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

• 5 months later...

I've had this issue for a while lately and it's with the "e" keey.  It happens about 3 out of 5 times I preess the e key.

I looked for my receipt and found it to be just a few days short of 2 years old, so it's almost out of warranty.  I should have investigated months ago when it first started happeening but originally I put it down to my touch typing.

12 hours ago, MadMax1412 said:

Hi,

I already have.  After posting to this forum, I looked up the http://my.ttesports.com/ weebsite and created an account and clicked on "Technical Support" which took me to http://my.ttesports.com/csTech.aspx where I logged my details and uploaded my reciept.

Cheers

Thank you. Please let us know if you need any help

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Tt David said:

Could you please contact our customer service here: http://my.ttesports.com/csWarranty.aspx

USA / Canada :
ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com
Tel: Toll-Free 01-800-988-1088
M-F 9:00AM – 5:30PM (P.S.T)   

Asia: cs2@thermaltake.com

Europe:  support@thermaltake.de

Well it's now the 23rd Sept and I hadn't heard anything more after posting on the  http://my.ttesports.com/ website (not even an email acknowledging the submission although I did get a pop-up box at the time saying it was submitted successfully), so I've re-logged it even though now I'm over the 2 year warranty as it was purchased on the 18th Sept 2015 on-line (probably received it a few days later).

I must say that the website is pretty poorly designed in that you log in but can't see any previous tickets logged or any communication etc and you can't even see/edit your profile information or see what products you've registereed or anything.  Under the member section, the only thing available is to log out.