Challenger Ultimate - Keyboard unresponsive while playing games

lanc3lot

Hey everyone,

I am facing the following major problem:

While I am playing a game and have Chrome or Firefox open (and sometimes, less times, even without a browser open) the keyboard become unresponsive, all keys stop working at all and I can't do anything else than to restart the pc. I have tested with World of Warcraft mainly and with Elder Scrolls Online. I have tried also to unplug the keyboard but didnt worked either as it resulted to get my pc frozen.

I assume that a solution could be to format my pc and reinstall Windows but I would prefer to find a different solution :-)

Now as I am a fan of your keyboards, I had in the past also Challenger Pro. I had the same problem! In fact I bought the Ultimate Edition because of the RGB lights and because I thought that there was issue with that keyboard! But it happens also with Ultimate.

Hope you can help me!!!

Hello,

I have tried to play with another keyboard, a simple one i have for backup and i haven't faced any problems at all. But either with Challenger Pro in the past and now with Challenger Ultimate, i face this problem.

The problem is that the keyboard in irregular times (most of the times when i have my chrome or firefox browser on and in the same time i play World of Warcraft or in the past Elder Scrolls Online or other games) becomes unresponsive and no key work at all. If i try to disconnect keyboard from the usb or from its connector in the back of the keyboard, then my pc goes frozen and i have to restart it to go on!

So my only other option is to restart my pc with reset button and not disconnect the cables (as the result is the same)

Now, when i play without any browser on, the problem seems that doesnt happen so often. But it does happen again, but not so often.

Also let me state that my pc config is: I7-3820 CPU - 3.6GHz, 12GB Ram,, 64Bit Windows 7, GTX580 1.5GB Graphic Card, 2 SSD Disks

My only solution, is to play games without any browser on all this time now, but i posted to see if i can find a better solution. And my only other thought is to re-format my pc and re-install everything to see if this is the problem. But it's a pain in the #### and hope i can find an alternative solution.

Guest Tt Josh

Kindly contact our Customer Support at: cs3@thermaltake.com.tw

Just ensure that you include your information (issue description, product name, product number, where you purchased then product) to them and they will be able to assist you further.

Keep us updated! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

Hey mate, i have sent the email, 1 week ago, i delayed a bit as i was on business trips. But no answer till now, can you escalate the issue? ty in advance

Hey lanc3lot, can I have your email address so that I can have them to contact you directly via email? ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

Hello! i have the same problem. Did u find any solution? Is this keyboard fault or something else? I appreciate any help. Thx

Hey Spotegg, which country are you from? ;)

Hi Spotegg, you can bring the keyboard to the store you bought and ask the sales to test the keyboard if this is OK.

i bought it 2.5 years ago, warranty is off for my keyboard. Today i've changed USB cable and turned off led lighting(physically) - it's ok about 6 hours of using. Thx for answers.

Guest Tt Josh

i bought it 2.5 years ago, warranty is off for my keyboard. Today i've changed USB cable and turned off led lighting(physically) - it's ok about 6 hours of using. Thx for answers.

Hey Spotegg, glad it's fixed for now, but just fire us a message whenever you encounter the problem again. ;)