Broken reservoir\ pump (only 20 days old)

Vitor

So i bought the pacific water cooling kit, super simple installation i ran a leak run for 24 hours and no leaks, tonight ( literally like 4 hours ago) i go to move my case and i find a puddle on my floor, ok no biggie probably a loose hose or something, but then i see that theres a crack on my reservoir, i have no idea where it came from, the mounting was secured tightly(no vibrations) and there was no banging on the case, anyone have any issues with it? i tried contacting new egg but they told me they can't replace the specific part alone, do you think i should just contact thermaltake? 

I added pictures so you can see the crack on the reservoir 

post-5308-0-94424200-1425196846_thumb.jpg

post-5308-0-66793700-1425196848_thumb.jpg

Oh my.... Thats kind of scary. Hope Thermaltake helps you out.. The crack seems to have originated at the pre drilled hole.... Did you perhaps try to screw anything into it? 

You have just convinced me to run my system for a full week before supplying power to the motherboard and other peripherals.

A few years back I had a Zalman Reserator XT  which sat on top of my PC. After 2 years it leaked into my system destroying it. It's taken me a long time to venture back into water cooling. I have checked my PT40-D5 and seems fine.... I won't be checking for leaks till late next week after some 90 and 45 degree connectors arrive. I want to reduce any excess strain on the tubing as possible. Please let us know how Thermaltake responds to this problem.

no didn't try to screw anything on ,i attached the pump to the bottom of my case so that if any leaks did occur from the pump it'll fall straight through the case (lucky me). So far no word from thermaltake i did the whole contact us form so im hoping they contact me soon. This is my first time using watercooling so i made sure to follow all directions,

and yeah it's weird i didn't notice any leaks for the first few days( that i ran my test) nor after when i attached my system into the case. im guessing the crack happened recently since there's only been about an inch of liquid that's been leaked  

All in all, im really happy with the kit since it's easy to install and comes with everything you need. other then the water pump misfortune 

Hello Vitor, 

We are sorry to hear what happened to your reservoir, i think it could be one of the two things that could have made it crack

1) Water temps exceeding 50deg Celsius 

2) After a 24 hours of testing you need completely bleed out the air because it will start to produce pressure in your loop and the pressure will find the weakest point to burst.

Anyway i have let the team know what happened and we will have one of our customer service representatives contact you

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

Hey Andy,

I Dont think it was the air because I filled up all the way to full multiple times and made sure to take out all the air bubbles,

And since I Dont over clock I Dont think my temp went above 50 when I first time I checked my system was at 15

Any other ideas that it could be?

Also still no contact from the company is there anyone I can email? Or just reach out to me at negi781@hotmail.com

Hey Andy,

I Dont think it was the air because I filled up all the way to full multiple times and made sure to take out all the air bubbles,

And since I Dont over clock I Dont think my temp went above 50 when I first time I checked my system was at 15

Any other ideas that it could be?

Also still no contact from the company is there anyone I can email? Or just reach out to me at negi781@hotmail.com

Not to worry, Mike will take good care of you :)

Thats good to hear,

Also just a tip for when testing the loop and bleeding the air out, we usually recommend leaving the fill port open for a 24 - 48 hours while the loop is running this will minimize the pressure in the loop and will make your loop run more smoothly.

Good luck on the build :)  we would love to see your build when its complete! 

I really don't know how to say this... so I'll just post some photos...

My system started booting and rebooting a few times and then stopped. I pulled the power to find about a tablespoonful of coolant sitting on the motherboard. I didn't notice any loose connections so I pulled the cooling system and rinsed it out to start clean.... Then I noticed the cracks on either side of the reservoir....  I'm very upset. The system was actually off for 2 days prior to the leak (or more accurately) the MB malfunction.

post-5209-0-25316400-1426122550_thumb.jpg

post-5209-0-53514700-1426122563_thumb.jpg

post-5209-0-84070300-1426122579_thumb.jpg

post-5209-0-35723000-1426122590_thumb.jpg

Hello Wingfat, 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

We have notified our customer service regarding your situation and they will provide you a replacement res asap

We suggest placing the new res in vertical orientation and to leave the fill port cap off for an additional few days just to make sure there is no pressure inside your loop, sometimes it takes a few days to expel the pressure completely and with horizontal orientation on your res its actually really hard to bleed the air out, the pressure usually finds the weakest spot in your loop and bursts. Please feel free to PM me if you have any concerns

Hello Wingfat, 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

We have notified our customer service regarding your situation and they will provide you a replacement res asap

We suggest placing the new res in vertical orientation and to leave the fill port cap off for an additional few days just to make sure there is no pressure inside your loop, sometimes it takes a few days to expel the pressure completely and with horizontal orientation on your res its actually really hard to bleed the air out, the pressure usually finds the weakest spot in your loop and bursts. Please feel free to PM me if you have any concerns

Thank you for your quick reply....

I bleed the system on and off for 5 days and left the system in a vertical position for at least 3 of those days. I was being very cautious as per the prior warnings. Initially the fill port cap was off for a minimum of the first two days.

I guess I should call customer service this morning?

Wingfat,

Thank you for the time on the phone today to discuss this and I have already updated our support team of what we discussed to get your replacement in process.

I can assure you we are looking into these cases very closely.

Vitor,

Please keep me in the loop if you need anything further. Here to support you both!

I appreciate you both for your patience with this and we will make sure we get you both taken care of.

Wingfat,

Thank you for the time on the phone today to discuss this and I have already updated our support team of what we discussed to get your replacement in process.

I can assure you we are looking into these cases very closely.

Vitor,

Please keep me in the loop if you need anything further. Here to support you both!

I appreciate you both for your patience with this and we will make sure we get you both taken care of.

It was a pleasure to speak with you today.... Tonight I received the UPS label for shipment back to California. I have included a small section of tubing for your inspection.

Looking forward to reinstalling system.

Thanks again,

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

hi I,m glad I seen this I just brough a pacific pt20 around the top of res where hex key is looks like it has a hair crack also it it,s scratched on top also around out let port has little nicks out of it.The packet was sealed I brought it to go into a corev51 build.I haven't even got round to leak testing it.The other thing that is now turned me right off is seeing in post here to leave the res cap of for a few days after running for 24hrs because of pressure how weak is the res. :rolleyes:

post-5920-0-24734900-1428157815_thumb.jpg

post-5920-0-80228400-1428157827_thumb.jpg

post-5920-0-60047300-1428157844_thumb.jpg

post-5920-0-18153200-1428157854_thumb.jpg

####,

Thank you for the photos, I see you are in AU so I will forward this to our team there to help you with an RMA.

You do not have to leave the plug off for days, I just build the full kit in a Core V31, after basic purging and making sure all the air was out of the lines, I sealed it up.

Been going fine for weeks now, many things can happen, we can help with a proper replacement.