Thoughts on THERON Mouse

Forcefedflesh

So, Over the years using my TT Theron I reviewed, I have noticed something I really never got questioned on, and that was on the Theron mouse.

I honestly hate the mouse for one reason and that is specifically that Triangular shape that comes onto the palm.
I DO like the mouse It got a good rating from me, But as palm grip user, I can not use it extended periods of time, it just becomes unbearable for my hand style, It may be slightly different as my palm grip, but it is still a palm grip,

I bring this up because it still is a ongoing issue for me over the years and recently I put it away again as I switch from mice seasonally between a few.

As TT says this as a description
"The ergonomic shape of the THERON allows precise fingertip grips or comfortable palm grips to keep you comfortable while you focus on the game at hand."

Now I personally underlined Palm Grips to show it's there, but Honestly, I still can't see that as the case as I tried "Normal" Palm grip styles as well and I just can't get it to click with me.

The issue here is that the Triangular shape actually effects MY hand by agitating the bones, then also seeming like nerves as it slowly over times effects most of my hand.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the mouse. Simply put I can't use it as much as I would like to but also still curious to why they would change the mouse from a rounded palm area to a triangular one, I just don't see how it works out.

I would love to talk about it more to TT at one point, as it seems like it will be a continued product, maybe figure out why such a issue exists with me, and possibly who knows... May change the theron from triangular shaped to rounded again like every other mouse if its a actual issue with other users.

So Thermaltake, and Users let me know, DO others face this issue? am I the rare breed who can't use it? do you think this is worth mentioning to possibly look into it and change it to rounded?

Always try to improve products on my end by even giving these details, as most people who know me, I game all day with little sleep and I can put a Gaming product to the test and see long term effects =)

Thanks for reading, and would love to see the replys this gets as Thermaltake new forum!

Thanks for the feedback. The development process for our gear never comes to a halt and revisions might happen at some point (or similar models with revised features are introduced).

For example, we'll introduce the ambidextrous Ventus mouse soon that has some similar features, mabye you get a chance to try that out at some point and it suits your grip style a bit better.

I would also love to hear what others think of the topic you described. I myself am using the claw grip so I do not really feel qualified to comment.

Thanks for the feedback. The development process for our gear never comes to a halt and revisions might happen at some point (or similar models with revised features are introduced).

For example, we'll introduce the ambidextrous Ventus mouse soon that has some similar features, mabye you get a chance to try that out at some point and it suits your grip style a bit better.

I would also love to hear what others think of the topic you described. I myself am using the claw grip so I do not really feel qualified to comment.

the ventus looks awesome I do gotta say, I still don't like alot of mice because they stopped "palm grip" Support.

I say stopped because why else would the m4/m5 buttons be in the middle of the mouse instead of more near the base of the mouse? I gotta say I think I have fairly large hands and I have heard it from others too, But unless my thumb is considered small, it seems it's hard to come by a mouse at all anymore that I know of that shows true palm grip support.

My thumb should be able to reach bother M4 and M5 without moving my thumb, only rocking the thumb to activate, so the tip of my thumb should be halfway down the M5 button while the joint of my thumb should be in the middle of the m4 button give or take a little room.

Of course personal opinions and I doubt ill ever get a hand crafted palm grip mouse specifically for me, but I do feel as if Palm grip users get the short end of the stick these days =P

Not specifying to TT just in general, I just feel as they make them more "Flexible" for various styles, but I don't think I have seen a single Palm specific mouse in ages, while you see tons of finger and claw grip specific mouses.

A example would be the level 10m

The DPI Thunderbolt looking button is probably where m4 should be, and m4 should be m5 and then the m5 should be the dpi thunderbolt button.

Of course, I don't use/have it so I can't say, but its just a example where buttons would possibly go for palm grip users to use those m4/m5 buttons easier.

I do thank you for reading this and not commenting because you use Claw, but still would love to know what you think, Heck maybe try it for awhile see if the issue occurs on you and come send some chatter this way =)

I don't know man :D I've been using claw grip for all my life, even before I knew it was called claw grip. It just felt natural to me.

The Level 10 M has received a reworked design with the Level 10 M Hybrid, by the way. I've used Level 10 M Hybrid for a while in our office and preferred it over the regular Level 10 M, especially due to the finger bank on the right side.

I don't know man :D I've been using claw grip for all my life, even before I knew it was called claw grip. It just felt natural to me.

The Level 10 M has received a reworked design with the Level 10 M Hybrid, by the way. I've used Level 10 M Hybrid for a while in our office and preferred it over the regular Level 10 M, especially due to the finger bank on the right side.

Haha, It's all good, I rather would say something, it start being looked at more, and actually could potentially be a good idea if I said something.

Hence why feedback is always appreciated =P

The finger bank on the level 10m Hybrid, I honestly would not know if I would like it or hate it, My pinky ended adapting to mice over the years and like turned under my ring finger half way it seems, Maybe it would be comfortable though =) 

My thoughts on this honestly comes down to each person has their own personal feel, that is also why at Tt eSPORTS we make multiple mouse models.

We always try to find he best balance to please the largest user group but while the theron may not be perfect for you something like the Ventus, Talon or maybe even a Saphira might be a better feel for your specific grip style.

I tend to switch between mice all the time but my favorite to this day is the Theron, but it all really comes down to personal preference.

My thoughts on this honestly comes down to each person has their own personal feel, that is also why at Tt eSPORTS we make multiple mouse models.

We always try to find he best balance to please the largest user group but while the theron may not be perfect for you something like the Ventus, Talon or maybe even a Saphira might be a better feel for your specific grip style.

I tend to switch between mice all the time but my favorite to this day is the Theron, but it all really comes down to personal preference.

True indeed, but I just don't know why there is a triangular shape at the palm wrest.

What is the reason to it possibly? As why not just make the theron without that triangular part =P.

Cause trust me, the theron has one of my favorite features, "walls around the left and right click to prevent fingers sliding off mouse".

Also hope you having fun at QC darnit! :( haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Forcedflesh, it's pretty much as Shannon mentioned. In designing our mice, we aim for the best balance for the largest user group. We also provide a variety of mice in different sensors / shapes / ergonomics to match.

With the THERON in particular: we looked at many mice on the market, and noticed some mice curved strongly on the back end making the length shorter & some were more gradual in curving, producing an elongated shape with a pronounced left side that jutted out (assuming it's a right handed mouse) .

Users generally fell into 2 categories, in regards to this curve:

[1] the gradual curve/elongated shape, seemed to be in the way when using a palm grip. feeling unnatural

these users would find a strong curve with a shorter mouse length to be a more ideal shape for palm grip.

[2] the gradual curve/elongated shape, was good as it made for a more secure palm grip.

these users would find a strong curve with shorter mouse length to feel "hollow" when using the palm grip. Because they expect something to be against their palm.

Thus with the THERON, we aimed for a middle ground, the mouse is not as long in length as some others but the slight angular emphasis can still give that 'secure' grip feeling to users whose preference more matched [2]; while also providing a back end shape that should not agitate 'as much' the users whose preference fell in [1].

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...