Poseidon Z CTRL Key Issue?

KnightSword

I recently purchased a second Posideon Z keyboard when the first one I purchased for my Linux box worked so well, I had to get a second for my gaming/programming rig. Everything seems to work great on it, except when I am programming. I have a tendency to lean pretty heavy on CTRL key combinations when I work (CTRL-S, CTRL-Z, etc) and I've noticed that it appears that the key doesn't always work when used in conjunction when another key. At first I thought it was a driver issue, but now I am leaning to the idea that the ctrl key is bad. 

The behavior I'm seeing is that when I hit CTRL-S, rather than sending the command to the application, an 's' is typed. Then I'll hit ESC, and hit CTRL-S again, and then the application will save. I thought it was just that key combination, because I had not seen it any other key combination before, but then last night, I saw it when when trying to undo something (CTRL-Z).

I don't see the issue on my Linux box, but I've not done nearly as much programming on it, and I rarely hit CTRL keys on it. I'm tempted to switch machines in the interim, but I thought to check on support, see if there is something I can do, rather than send in for an RMA.

Any ideas?

Guest Tt Josh

I recently purchased a second Posideon Z keyboard when the first one I purchased for my Linux box worked so well, I had to get a second for my gaming/programming rig. Everything seems to work great on it, except when I am programming. I have a tendency to lean pretty heavy on CTRL key combinations when I work (CTRL-S, CTRL-Z, etc) and I've noticed that it appears that the key doesn't always work when used in conjunction when another key. At first I thought it was a driver issue, but now I am leaning to the idea that the ctrl key is bad. 

The behavior I'm seeing is that when I hit CTRL-S, rather than sending the command to the application, an 's' is typed. Then I'll hit ESC, and hit CTRL-S again, and then the application will save. I thought it was just that key combination, because I had not seen it any other key combination before, but then last night, I saw it when when trying to undo something (CTRL-Z).

I don't see the issue on my Linux box, but I've not done nearly as much programming on it, and I rarely hit CTRL keys on it. I'm tempted to switch machines in the interim, but I thought to check on support, see if there is something I can do, rather than send in for an RMA.

Any ideas?

Hey KnightSword, have you tried to clean it and ensure it is not just dirty from the keyboard?

Reason might be something could have got stuck underneath the key cap and causing an issue. ;)

Hey KnightSword, have you tried to clean it and ensure it is not just dirty from the keyboard?

Reason might be something could have got stuck underneath the key cap and causing an issue. ;)

I didn't consider it, chiefly because I only purchased it 2 weeks ago. And I admit, my keyboards get filthy, but no THAT filthy. Think I should still crack it open and take a peek?

I didn't consider it, chiefly because I only purchased it 2 weeks ago. And I admit, my keyboards get filthy, but no THAT filthy. Think I should still crack it open and take a peek?

You can easily remove the key cap without voiding the warranty. Give that a try and check if anything is stuck unterneath please.