Water 3.0 Ultimate -- 360mm radiator

TT CPM

Our new All-in-one water cooling solution with an especially large 360mm radiator design, just one simple upgrade allows you to enjoy a better cooling performance.

I will buy this right now if Thermaltake can confirm they will offer AM4 brackets when AMD Ryzen Launches

Edit:  I am also interested in knowing if this will work with the Core P3 Thermaltake case - Will the lines reach the CPU?

Hello everyone!  This is probably a real dumb question though.  I recently installed a 360 cooler and I don't think the pump is running at full speed!  In the BIOS and HWMonitor, the rpm's shown is only 1800 for the pump.  I have tried connecting to CPU_Fan and CPU_OPT headers without avail, same thing.  My MOBI is ASUS X99 Deluxe.  I was under the impression the pump was supposed to be working around the 3000 rpm range.  Do I need to go straight to the power supply from the pump 3 pin header?  I'm at a loss as this is the first AIO cooler ever installed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I came here for this exact reason, haha. Asus x99-a and it's only showing around 1800 rpm for the pump. I connected the pump to the CPU_OPT and the fans to CPU_FAN. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to send this thing back.

So it IS running at the ~3600 rpm and it's just being reported wrong?

I keep finding this question asked but never answered :(

Thanks for the quick reply Botee.  And yes it is a 3 pin header.  From what the specs are saying on the Thermaltake website, it should run around 3000 rpm full speed.  Like I said before, this is my first AIO cooler install and want to ensure I'm getting the most out of it. 

I came here for this exact reason, haha. Asus x99-a and it's only showing around 1800 rpm for the pump. I connected the pump to the CPU_OPT and the fans to CPU_FAN. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to send this thing back.

So it IS running at the ~3600 rpm and it's just being reported wrong?

I keep finding this question asked but never answered :(

guys im pretty sure your pump is working at max speed(whatever rpm it is rated at).

its just that the rpm is not being read correctly by the motherboard because its a 3pin connector.

so you dont have to worry about it

I contacted customer service...

Hello Aaron,

The pump is dual pulse, and the motherboard can only read single pulse.
Double the RPM reading to get the actual pump RPM.

Best Regards,
Thermaltake customer service

That's the answer Thermaltake gives but logic and everything I've researched would seem to go against that. I'm looking for a more scientific explanation. All research I've found on fans, reading RPMs from the tachometer wire, and tachometer pulses all have RPMs being reported as twice as fast in these situations... not half (2 pulse per revolution vs 1 pulse per revolution).

Why doesn't my motherboard (that they say is only able to understand 1 pulse equals 1 revolution and not the pumps 2 pulses equal 1 revolution) then interpret it as 2 revolutions and report the RPM as double instead.

TLDR; They are going the wrong way with their math, i.e The motherboard should already be reporting it TWICE as fast as it's actually going, not half.

• 1 month later...
  • TT CPM unpinned this topic