POSEIDON Z RGB Owner's Club

Tte Jeremy

Just picked mine up yesterday. It feels great. I'm really loving the keyboard. However, the software is a bit confusing. I even downloaded the pdf manual for the software. I'd like to use the arrow rows effect, but customize the overall color profile of the keys instead of just using the rainbow pattern that is the default for that effect. Also, is there anyway to have my WASD keys always on, so I can use the Arrow Keys effect without the whole keyboard being blacked out? I tried to use the layers function, but I couldn't not activate multiple layers at the same time. Only one layer able to be activated at a time.

Also, is anyone interested in sharing their lighting profiles? I would but I didn't make much progress. If I didn't want custom effects, it was easy to light individual keys however it wanted. But i found very little customization if I used any of my the custom effects in the software.

I'm very pleased with the keyboard, I'm just hoping the software and customization is improved.

Guest Tt Josh

Just picked mine up yesterday. It feels great. I'm really loving the keyboard. However, the software is a bit confusing. I even downloaded the pdf manual for the software. I'd like to use the arrow rows effect, but customize the overall color profile of the keys instead of just using the rainbow pattern that is the default for that effect. Also, is there anyway to have my WASD keys always on, so I can use the Arrow Keys effect without the whole keyboard being blacked out? I tried to use the layers function, but I couldn't not activate multiple layers at the same time. Only one layer able to be activated at a time.

Also, is anyone interested in sharing their lighting profiles? I would but I didn't make much progress. If I didn't want custom effects, it was easy to light individual keys however it wanted. But i found very little customization if I used any of my the custom effects in the software.

I'm very pleased with the keyboard, I'm just hoping the software and customization is improved.

Hey Irb Digital,

Glad to hear that you've got your RGB keyboard! You can definitely do that. You just have choose the keys that you want to have colors.

We're going to create a topic for sharing lighting profiles so everyone can share their customize colors!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!!

I purchased one of these just a few months ago, and just want to start off with, Its totally worth buying.

I have enjoyed every last bit of this keyboard, however with recent software updates "TT ESPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB – SOFTWARE V1.311" I am unable to set my own custom layers now. When i went to upload the ones i had saved, it only just freezes the software up. Every once in awhile my right side of the keyboard will flash when in the WAVE mode. So as of now, i can only do solid colors. I cant even select the "Default" Profile for the rainbow effect. 

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Oh and, heres a nice image of they keyboard "before the update". As well as a screenshot of my software issue. 

post-51333-0-36973700-1442237342_thumb.png

post-51333-0-05115200-1442237466_thumb.jpg

Bought this keyboard on the 16th and I'm totally loving it. Except for the software  <_< 

Its very slow on applying profiles. It crashes randomly and sometimes I just doesn't apply the changes without an app restart.

Please work on the software, or maybe release an SDK of some sort. I personally even think the customizations can be better (like multiple effects on one profile heck even per key)

Thank you and good day  :D

I just got this keyboard today!  I chose the version with the blue switches from Bestbuy, and man are they a joy to type on!  Can't wait to see how it feels while playing a game.  

Overall, the keyboard has a pretty premium feel to it at a budget price.  Doesn't really have all the 'bells and whistles' of the more expensive ones, but I don't really need USB hubs or headphone jacks anyways.  The software could really use some work though... I now see what everyone else was talking about shoddy software.  it's definitely confusing the first time trying to navigate around it.  I hope they continue to support the software and release some more patches... 

I recently purchased the Poseidon Z RGB also and am enjoying it very much. I use Linux more often than other OS's and hope better hardware and software support for Linux (for the Poseidon) may come, or perhaps the release of certain information to allow for the community to provide a solution.

FYI... the descriptions for the Blue vs. Brown switches are reversed on the web pages.

Hello,

So I've had my poseidon Z RGB for about 4 days now, and I love it.. However...

I have noticed when I turn the brightness all the way down, or have a profile which has some keys not lit up, they glow red. It appears to only be F8, 8, I, K, N, and forward slash (numpad) keys. They glow a very faint red :\

If that particular key is illuminated, it's fine, but I feel like if I want to have a fully dimmed layout for whatever reason (using reactive or arrow flow, etc), it is very noticeable. 

Attached is a picture with the backlight 100% OFF, and yet you can see these keys softly glowing (camera makes them seem brighter)

Nqhsilo.png

The direction of the problems (aside from the num "/" key) makes me think there is some sort of circuit underneath doing something it shouldn't be. Hmm. Happens on any PC I plug it into. Guess it's hardware related. Ah well.. It's nothing I'm going to lose sleep over, but kinda makes the reactive/arrow flow modes very annoying to look at when not in use! And I don't particularly feel like RMA if I have to live without the other great features this keyboard has in the mean time :(

you can try to reset the keyboard colors by holding Fn+Esc for few seconds and see whether the issue resolves. :)

This somewhat resolved the issue. I think it might be software related (no surprises there, the software with this keyboard is pretty clunky and horrible to be 100% honest). It is no longer lit up like it was, however I noticed that exact pattern of keys did flash the same dull red again a few times, so I expect it to return.

I need yet another PC reboot thanks to this software, it simply doesn't work half the time and I have attempted many different troubleshooting options.. Probably the worst part about this great keyboard.