POSEIDON Z RGB Owner's Club

Tte Jeremy

whats exactly the new features on this new update? 

are you planin to make the software opensource? so everyone can create their own lightning effects?

Poseidon Z RGB SETUP NOTES

Version 1.0 – July 29th, 2016

Poseidon Z RGB_Setup_20160711 is the latest release for our Poseidon Z RGB and contains a multitude of changes and enhancements.

Fixes/Improvements

l  enhance the stability of the firmware update

l  New Color-editing functions

Supported Products

l  Poseidon Z RGB

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today with brown switches. Was really happy while unboxing it but testing for 5 minutes makes me think to send it back.

The brown switches are great but the software is just a shame!

It shoudn't be that hard to implement a lighting effect with every key enlightened and by pressing it changing the colour to a customized one. That should be a standard option. Like Fully Lighted and Reactive combined. Otherwise it's just a nice lamp and not a gaming keyboard. Sorry but right now I'm really disappointed and would support an open source software. I will try some testing but without another software update I definitely buy another keyboard.

Edit: After several testing i can say the software is horrible, it crashes a lot, doesn't show the colours correct and mix up my layers when changing effects.

Can't believe that's already 1.4, I'm sorry for all the others who were unintentionally used as beta testers.

Edit2: Story's not over yet. Got another problem now: the keys F10, 0, P, L, "," and Alt Gr are always shining in a dimmed green light, when they should just be off, no matter if customized or even after complete reset. Hardware issue? Pull-down resistor defect?! Very annoying...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried doing this but doesnt seem to work

Could you try this keyboard on the other computer?

If that still happens, please contact our customer service here: http://my.ttesports.com/csWarranty.aspx 

USA / Canada :

ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Tel: Toll-Free 01-800-988-1088

M-F 9:00AM â€“ 5:30PM (P.S.T)   

Mexico :

Por Email: apoyotecnico@thermaltakeusa.com

Por Telefono: 01-800-823-2606

En el D.F: (55)5648-6715 Atencion de 10:00AM a 6:00PM (P.S.T)   

Brazil: suporte@thermaltakebr.com

Asia: cs2@thermaltake.com.tw

Europe:  support@thermaltake.de

• 1 month later...

Hello... It's me... I was wondering if this software will ever become something worth using. When I first bought this keyboard i was very excited because of all of it's features and lightning effects. Then I installed the software and I tried to lie myself that it was an early version and that it would be updated. And it was updated. To another Bos Taurus defecation. I was very hyped for this update and developers said it would be cool, but man, you added some buggy and limited light tweaking. The keyboard is just amazing, I'm in love with it. But the software can be so much more... I will say it, I will say the taboo word. Razer synapse for chroma keyboards is amazing and open source so people can create their own stuff and contribute to community. You will say "then if you like razer, buy a razer, dude'', but no, i like your keyboard and i want people to buy it. But right now, with the software it has, I would sadly not recommend to buy it. So please, I'm not the only one asking, make this world better, make this software awesome.

Sincerely, a fan that loves you.

Hello... It's me... I was wondering if this software will ever become something worth using. When I first bought this keyboard i was very excited because of all of it's features and lightning effects. Then I installed the software and I tried to lie myself that it was an early version and that it would be updated. And it was updated. To another Bos Taurus defecation. I was very hyped for this update and developers said it would be cool, but man, you added some buggy and limited light tweaking. The keyboard is just amazing, I'm in love with it. But the software can be so much more... I will say it, I will say the taboo word. Razer synapse for chroma keyboards is amazing and open source so people can create their own stuff and contribute to community. You will say "then if you like razer, buy a razer, dude'', but no, i like your keyboard and i want people to buy it. But right now, with the software it has, I would sadly not recommend to buy it. So please, I'm not the only one asking, make this world better, make this software awesome.

Sincerely, a fan that loves you.

Very thanks for your support. In the next year we will have a new RGB keyboard and new software that fix all these problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, new software is SWEET. 

I am loving my keyboard now more than ever.

BUT

One small thing, you know how in the Lighting profile section, 

under the "Arrow flow" zone, 

if you click on "Customized" zones 

- then there is an option for "SURFACE" On/Off toggle.

This is amazing. I love the fact that you have basically merged STATIC with ARROW FLOW.

Now I know this may seem weird, but could you please please pretty please have the same "SURFACE" On/Off setting for "REACTIVE" mode?! 

I know it might seem weird, but I really want to try out a lighting profile with such a setting! I don't want the arrow animation, I simply want the key to change color when I press it,but also be lit up (not dark :( ) when it is not being pressed. 

Once again, amazing job, and sorry to ask for more, but hopefully you can make my wish come true  :)

Cheers - 

Lens  B)

Hey guys, new software is SWEET. 

I am loving my keyboard now more than ever.

BUT

One small thing, you know how in the Lighting profile section, 

under the "Arrow flow" zone, 

if you click on "Customized" zones 

- then there is an option for "SURFACE" On/Off toggle.

This is amazing. I love the fact that you have basically merged STATIC with ARROW FLOW.

Now I know this may seem weird, but could you please please pretty please have the same "SURFACE" On/Off setting for "REACTIVE" mode?! 

I know it might seem weird, but I really want to try out a lighting profile with such a setting! I don't want the arrow animation, I simply want the key to change color when I press it,but also be lit up (not dark :( ) when it is not being pressed. 

Once again, amazing job, and sorry to ask for more, but hopefully you can make my wish come true  :)

Cheers - 

Lens  B)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss with our PM team

Got mine a few weeks back and it's quite nice to use. Got a few issues with it though:

1. I'm getting a prompt about a new update to V2.0.3, but I'm unable to download it? Is there a dedicated mirror where I can get it and install it manually?

2. Is there any way to create some kind of software that I can interface to this device? I'm a Computing Sciences student and I'd like to see if I can find a way to turn the keyboard into a reactive music visualization device in my free time, as well as find ways to create new keyboard animations. Is there anything available for this?

Otherwise this keyboard is very nice and I've used it at home and on the go with my laptop for classes, and everyone, myself included, love it.

• Tt David changed the title to POSEIDON Z RGB Owner's Club
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got this keyboard and have two questions:

- When I run the software, it tells me to update from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1. It won't download whether I press "Yes" or "No" though, and I can't find this version. What can I do about it?

-My keyboard is azerty. When I create macros, the software reads them right (when I press the "A" key, it reads "A"); however, when I play the macro, it reads the keys as if it was typing on a qwerty keyboard ("Q" instead of "A", "W" instead of "Z"...); is there any fix to it?

My computer runs W10 is that's relevant.

Thanks.

Hi Ennuigh,

Sorry for the version bug. Our engineer is fixing the problem right now and it will be solved this week.

For the macro issue, we've discussed with our PM team and will release a new version for AZERTY keyboard. Thanks for your patience.  

On 06/07/2017 at 5:37 AM, Tt David said:

Hi Ennuigh,

Sorry for the version bug. Our engineer is fixing the problem right now and it will be solved this week.

For the macro issue, we've discussed with our PM team and will release a new version for AZERTY keyboard. Thanks for your patience.  

Sounds good, thanks a lot for your answer!

Also I don't know whether it is related to the 2.1.1 update, but when I check for updates, it tells me my current firmware version is 51 and I have to upgrade it to 51. When I do, nothing special happens; is that normal?