Will "Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling Hard Drive Enclosure" support my 4tb HDD?q

Silent0ption

I'm trying to decide on an enclosure or docking station for my new 4tb WD RED HDD but am not sure if the "Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling HDD enclosure" will support it. Even though it says on the Amazon description that it only supports up to 3tb, this review in the link below says that "unofficially" this device will support a 4tb drive. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1V2MXP5Q5HFXV/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004G8QETI) So I just wanted to check in here to see if any of you folk have any insight for me...

Also if I decide to go the Docking Station route, any good recommendations for a good quality built HDD protector case?

The ones I've come across have many complaints about flimsy covers breaking off.

Thanks...

I'm trying to decide on an enclosure or docking station for my new 4tb WD RED HDD but am not sure if the "Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling HDD enclosure" will support it. Even though it says on the Amazon description that it only supports up to 3tb, this review in the link below says that "unofficially" this device will support a 4tb drive. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1V2MXP5Q5HFXV/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004G8QETI) So I just wanted to check in here to see if any of you folk have any insight for me...

Also if I decide to go the Docking Station route, any good recommendations for a good quality built HDD protector case?

The ones I've come across have many complaints about flimsy covers breaking off.

Thanks...

From my testing the Max 5G should have no issue with the 4TB drive you have.

It should  plugin and initialize, the only thing you may need to do is enter disk management to configure the drive as GPT during first use to see the full capacity.

• 1 month later...