Core V1 Owner's Club

Tt Leo

Thermaltake Mini Chassis - Core V1

The new Core V1 represented by Thermaltake is a small and cute ITX based chassis with a 200mm fan in the front panel. Smart interchangeable side panels allow users to flip it accordingly to showcase either for superior liquid cooling or superb airflow, which allows you to make your own personal setup. You not only grant to have a really powerful mini system, it also has the ability to house various overclocking components to keep it really cool!

pic9.jpg

For more details please visit the official product web page:

Reviews:

[H]ard|OCP Editors Choice Gold Award

The Mod Zoo 5-nanners Award

Tweak Town Must Have Editors Choice Award

ProClockers Highly Recommended & Best Value Award

Play3r Gold Award & Value Award

Video:

Owners list:

Core V1 Case mod by Dirty South PC Mods

Edited by Tt Leo
video overview, owners list and mod threads links have been added

I really want this chassis, but I wish you make it able to take graphics cards up to 300mm long.
Seriously, all the Radeon R9 cards (MSI R9 Gaming cards, ASUS R9 DirectCU cards, XFX R9 DD cards, etc...) are between the 260mm and 300mm lengths.
This chassis actually made me rethink my ATX motherboard purchase in favour of mITX!

Please update it to support slightly longer cards, up to 300mm then we can actually use it with all graphics cards. A Core V2 or something...?

My heart is bleeding here... (T-T)

EDIT:

Now I see that the case is several mm too short for my Mega Shadow:(
Please, Tt, make a version that is 4cm larger in all directions to fit enthusiast components, while still preserving symmetry.
I would definitely buy it and recommend it without fail! In fact, I'm already waiting for it, I have the components lined up... ;)

I really want this chassis, but I wish you make it able to take graphics cards up to 300mm long.
Seriously, all the Radeon R9 cards (MSI R9 Gaming cards, ASUS R9 DirectCU cards, XFX R9 DD cards, etc...) are between the 260mm and 300mm lengths.
This chassis actually made me rethink my ATX motherboard purchase in favour of mITX!

Please update it to support slightly longer cards, up to 300mm then we can actually use it with all graphics cards. A Core V2 or something...?

My heart is bleeding here... (T-T)

EDIT:

Now I see that the case is several mm too short for my Mega Shadow:(
Please, Tt, make a version that is 4cm larger in all directions to fit enthusiast components, while still preserving symmetry.
I would definitely buy it and recommend it without fail! In fact, I'm already waiting for it, I have the components lined up... ;)

please be patient with us, we have something in line coming to fit your need by end of this year. 

Received my Core V1 today. My initial reaction, this case is awesome. I didn't take off the panels or anything. Great build quality! Then I turned it over and was completely shocked by the plastic feet. Hoping for rubber on them, but can get around it. Other than that, I can't wait to get home and do my full review and put this awesome case together...thanks Tt!

Received my Core V1 today. My initial reaction, this case is awesome. I didn't take off the panels or anything. Great build quality! Then I turned it over and was completely shocked by the plastic feet. Hoping for rubber on them, but can get around it. Other than that, I can't wait to get home and do my full review and put this awesome case together...thanks Tt!

Glad that you like it, please share your build and thought with us when you complete it! :)

http://imgur.com/a/kSN6e

here are some pics of my core v1!!! This is definitely a great case. For one, I love how easy it is work in this case.  There is so much room.  It is very clever the way the motherboard gets mounted (NO MORE JACK SCREWS!!!) and the screws that hold on the panels are perfect since they won't scratch the finish so also maybe include similar screw for the power supply as well.  Cable management is a breeze. The rubber bumpers for resting the power supply on are a great touch.  Things I would like to see in this case would definitely be some rubber on the bottom of the feet for anti-vibration purposes.  Think about including a switch for fan controlling for the 3 fans that this case can hold and maybe include an adapter for that connects to the USB 3 header to also make it compatible with USB 2.  So all in all this is an amazing case and I would definitely recommend this case to anyone that wants to build and small form factor pc!

I hope to do more with case.  I want to put 80mm LED fans in the rear and install some LEDs to illuminate the case.  Hope to also add a better cpu cooler as well since the ones supplied with AMD APUs are kind of loud. 

Thanks again!

4yFVbvAl.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/kSN6e

here are some pics of my core v1!!! This is definitely a great case. For one, I love how easy it is work in this case.  There is so much room.  It is very clever the way the motherboard gets mounted (NO MORE JACK SCREWS!!!) and the screws that hold on the panels are perfect since they won't scratch the finish so also maybe include similar screw for the power supply as well.  Cable management is a breeze. The rubber bumpers for resting the power supply on are a great touch.  Things I would like to see in this case would definitely be some rubber on the bottom of the feet for anti-vibration purposes.  Think about including a switch for fan controlling for the 3 fans that this case can hold and maybe include an adapter for that connects to the USB 3 header to also make it compatible with USB 2.  So all in all this is an amazing case and I would definitely recommend this case to anyone that wants to build and small form factor pc!

I hope to do more with case.  I want to put 80mm LED fans in the rear and install some LEDs to illuminate the case.  Hope to also add a better cpu cooler as well since the ones supplied with AMD APUs are kind of loud. 

Thanks again!

4yFVbvAl.jpg

Looking good! the team are really happy that you enjoyed the case!