Theron keeps locking and unlocking functions

Barot

Hi, I've been using Theron (Model: TRN006DT) for nearly 2 years now and it's been the perfect mouse for me. Sadly, last night it suddenly started to lock and unlock the side buttons functions randomly (just like locking-unlocking via the switch under the mouse) and lock-unlock switch has also became unresponsive. Now it's always locked and I can't seem to unlock it, sometimes it randomly unlocks itself and then locks again. I live in Turkey and got my mouse from Vatan Computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Barot, please contact our customer support at cs1@thermaltake.com and we will have local staff to assist you further on the THERON MOUSE.

Also keep me updated! ;)

Guest Tt Josh

Hi Josh, thanks for your assistance. I sent an e-mail to the address you've given me 5 days ago and haven't received a reply so far. My mouse is still locked. I'll be waiting.

Hey Barot, please provide me your email address, i'll check with the customer service for you.

• 1 month later...

Hello again! I had my mouse fixed and returned to me by the authorized service today. I plugged it and everything was back to normal... for approx 45 minutes. After that, same problem occured again. We're back to square one. In similar cases with other hardware, I just go and buy a new one of the same. But I'm afraid the same issue might happen with the next Theron I buy. I'll talk to the customer service and will also try it out on a different pc to confirm this is 100% a hardware problem solely on my current mouse. Could this be a software-related problem? I reinstalled the tt-esports software via the cd that came with the mouse but nothing changed. Also the mouse seems to keep the functional information (profiles etc) internally. Is there any way that I can hard reset the mouse itself?

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Barot, did you check underneath the mouse, whether the mouse has been locked. You can unlock the mouse by switching it right below of your mouse.

Guest Tt Josh

Yeah, of course. That switch being on "unlock" but the functions still being locked was the problem in the first place. I even tried locking-unlocking multiple times just to make sure. No effect at all. 

Hey Barot, it should be an issue after you switch it to "unlock"

Can you take a short video, where you switch it to "unlock" and show us how the problem starts? so we can know exactly what's the issue is ;)

Actually the problem doesn't "start". It's persistent. It used to randomly lock and unlock but even before I sent my mouse to the customer service, it had already become permanently locked. So if I took a video, it would be 15 seconds of nothing happening with me switching the button between lock and unlock. I'll take one anyway if you insist :)

Guest Tt Josh

yea just try to make a video where you switch from lock to unlock...then try to do some side buttons clicking (back and previous page). The product management team just want to make sure that it works fine and where's the real problem is :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8hQ_aH2hSE

There you go. I demonstrated "back" button and sensitivity changing buttons having no effects. I double checked on the ttesports theron software whether the functions on these buttons were somehow deleted and/or changed. Nothing. They are all how they should be.

Two more things. One, the software sometimes crashes randomly. This didn't use to happen before. Also the "curson speed" (isn't it supposed to be "cursor" though?) randomly increases, but can be reset manually via performance settings.

Guest Tt Josh

I too have problems with the theron mice locking or prolonging mouse 1 or mouse 2 functions. Any solutions to this? It killing my gaming

Is it for THERON or THERON PLUS? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

Hello again. Any progress with the issue?

Hey Barot, did our customer support replied your message? Please send your inquiry to cs1@thermaltake.com

and contact me again if you did not receive any reply from them.

I live in Istanbul, Turkey. Just to remind you, my mouse has already been to the customer service and back with no solution.

I should also add that sometimes I have a notification on my screen that says "LOCK", but it never says "UNLOCK". It keeps locking its functions without even unlocking them first. Adding this to the random cursor speed changes, I highly suspect the Theron software itself. Uninstalling and reinstalling or applying the later fixes on the downloads page didn't work, though.

Guest Tt Josh

I live in Istanbul, Turkey. Just to remind you, my mouse has already been to the customer service and back with no solution.

I should also add that sometimes I have a notification on my screen that says "LOCK", but it never says "UNLOCK". It keeps locking its functions without even unlocking them first. Adding this to the random cursor speed changes, I highly suspect the Theron software itself. Uninstalling and reinstalling or applying the later fixes on the downloads page didn't work, though.

Please send an email to our Customer Support again and if you did not receive any reply within 3 business days, kindly contact me :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again! I've been very busy with work, so I wasn't able to attend to gaming mouse-related problems :P Anyways, It's been nearly a month since I've e-mailed the customer service with my last update on things and got no replies at all.

BUT! Today something interesting happened. The lock function activated (again) while my mouse was NOT connected to my laptop. I am currently using ONLY my touchpad and the Theron software still keeps locking its functions. And exiting the Theron software stops these lock-unlock streak immediately. I tried multiple times while it was constantly lock-unlocking itself, too. I suppose we can narrow it down to software problems now..? Eagerly awaiting your response :)