Tt eSPORTS SHOCK mic won't work

bannanass49

Welcome!

Does another mic device work in the same ports?

Check to make sure the MIC is not set to Mute to clear out the obvious stuff.

Check the sound properties under the recording tab and see if the mic shows up.

Check the header connection on the case and make sure it is connected too.

Here to help, let us know some more details and we can get this resolved for you.

-MIke

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.   Only the Micropon doesnt works. All activated. Nothing disabled or muted.

Hello LeTITKill,

Have you checked under "Manage device audio" to see if your MIC is registering?

If not head over, and Select Recording:

post-63-0-83964400-1409078968_thumb.jpg

Plug in your MIC.  The Microphone should become available:

post-63-0-09839400-1409079166.jpg

Have the Microphone available is a good sign, but to make sure the MIC is functioning, speak into it. The green bar should fill up:

post-63-0-44043000-1409079234.png

Please advise if the MIC is in working order. If you were trying to use it with services such Skype, Steam, etc, it may take a little tweaking with their settings, as I ran into a run around myself with Skype.

• 8 months later...
Guest Tt Josh

my microphone hums/buzz 

How i can fix it?

Hey MAN1979, did try check the sound settings under control panel?

are you using the SHOCK headset?

you can't use the microphone at all?

Also please tell us which country you're from? ;)

• 2 months later...

My headset has the same problem, its a Thermaltake Esports SHOCK headset. Bought in the UK and the sound works fine through the header. When i plug my mic into the header the pc will then register that the mic is there and that it can be used, however no sound is detected through the device. Ive tried boosting the sound and that green bar will not fill up. Nothing is set to mute or disabled either so i have no idea what the problem is.

After checking the mic with a laptop, im sure that the microphone is not being detected as the laptop coudnt see any sound coming from it at all either. 

Friend has mentioned updating audio drivers, would this be of any help or am i going in the wrong direction?

Edited by kiddley

Guest Tt Josh

My headset has the same problem, its a Thermaltake Esports SHOCK headset. Bought in the UK and the sound works fine through the header. When i plug my mic into the header the pc will then register that the mic is there and that it can be used, however no sound is detected through the device. Ive tried boosting the sound and that green bar will not fill up. Nothing is set to mute or disabled either so i have no idea what the problem is.

After checking the mic with a laptop, im sure that the microphone is not being detected as the laptop coudnt see any sound coming from it at all either. 

Friend has mentioned updating audio drivers, would this be of any help or am i going in the wrong direction?

There's a remote to turn on/off the microphone. When you're in a conversation, try to make sure that the remote is on.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread helped me get my desktop computer to read the mic.  When i went into my system sound i clicked the mic that then showed up, then clicked the properties button in lower right corner, this should open another pop up "Microphone properties". Find the tab called "Levels" and adjust the boost as well as mic level.  Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...