V71 USB 3 not working

Yoshimitsu411

Hello All

I love my new V71 case and I've just finished building my X99 PC.

Question 1: I noticed one of the USB 3.0 options on the top of the case does not work, the one behind it does and so do the two USB 2.0s. Have I done something incorrectly?

Question 2: Is there a way to turn the LED lights OFF by default when the PC starts up?

Question 3: I added one more fan to the top of the case (the case comes with one as standard) and I have plugged it into the motherboard, this works fine but I am unable to control it's speed by using the High and Low fan buttons like the other fans in the case. I understand this could be because it is not connected to the fan controller. Any suggestions on how to connect the new fan to the fan controller?

Thank you very much.

Yoshi

Yoshimitsu411, 

Welcome to he forums and thank you for the questions. 

Here are my replies to your questions:

Question 1: I noticed one of the USB 3.0 options on the top of the case does not work, the one behind it does and so do the two USB 2.0s. Have I done something incorrectly?

- Check the connection to the motherboard, suggest to reseat it and test. Since it is a 2-into-1 cable, if one is working and the other is not, it may be defective and we can swap out just the part to replace under warranty. 

Question 2: Is there a way to turn the LED lights OFF by default when the PC starts up?

- No, the fans have built in LEDs, the only way to turn them off is to cycle the options until you turn it off or replace the fans with non-LED fans, but then you loose the fan control options as the fans included with the V71 are pro unique to the case.

Question 3: I added one more fan to the top of the case (the case comes with one as standard) and I have plugged it into the motherboard, this works fine but I am unable to control it's speed by using the High and Low fan buttons like the other fans in the case. I understand this could be because it is not connected to the fan controller. Any suggestions on how to connect the new fan to the fan controller?

- The built-in fan controller only supports (2) 3-pin headers for the included (2) 200mm fans. You would want to get a fan controller and use a PWM fan for control options.