CHALLENGER Prime Version 3.0 lacks default profile support

g5633060

Hello, I was surprised to see that CHALLENGER Prime software is so limited. First of all, I want Windows key to work on all profiles, but there's no option for that. Second of all, it wouldn't be a big deal if I could assign macro keys(T1-6) to a default non-gaming profile, but I can't. So basically, I need macro keys and windows key working all the time, and currently I haven't found an ability to make it like that. Any chance the software will be updated in the near future to fulfill my requests?

Guest Tt Josh

Hello, I was surprised to see that CHALLENGER Prime software is so limited. First of all, I want Windows key to work on all profiles, but there's no option for that. Second of all, it wouldn't be a big deal if I could assign macro keys(T1-6) to a default non-gaming profile, but I can't. So basically, I need macro keys and windows key working all the time, and currently I haven't found an ability to make it like that. Any chance the software will be updated in the near future to fulfill my requests?

Hey g5633060, We have tested the windows key, yea they have found the problem and they will find a solution for that. Regarding on the T1-6 keys, you can set macros to each key by using the software to insert the function :)

Hey g5633060, We have tested the windows key, yea they have found the problem and they will find a solution for that.

Thank you, that would be great.

Regarding on the T1-6 keys, you can set macros to each key by using the software to insert the function :)

Yeah, I can do that for a specific profile, but as I said I wanted to keep win key functionality, so I'm using default non-gaming profile and there's seems to be no option to modify T1-6 keys on that.

Guest Tt Josh

Hey g5633060, can you take a screenshot for us when you want to set macro on T1-6 using the software? and also tell us what kind of macro you want to set for T1-6? :)

Hey g5633060, can you take a screenshot for us when you want to set macro on T1-6 using the software? and also tell us what kind of macro you want to set for T1-6? :)

Hmm, I'm not sure what I can capture with a screenshot, so let me explain more:

For example, I'm using a game mode, by pressing Fn+PrtScr. This is a gaming profile, and I can change macro keys in the utility by pressing GAMING PROFILE button and applying it. Then, I'm pressing Fn+PrtScr again, and now keyboard uses default profile, none of the macro keys work, but win key is working now. And I can't assign actions to T1-6 keys via utility, because there's no DEFAULT PROFILE button or anything like that.

There's also M1, M2, M3 profiles, so if you will fix win key to be enabled on them(or an option to enable/disable), I'll be fine with that.

Yes, this "disabling of the window key" on the gaming profiles is really annoying. 

You are unable to set the macro keys without disabling the window key in the process, which is really annoying for me as I would use the macro keys more often while on my desktop than I would in a game. 

I like the idea of having the individual profiles, so maybe you could just add a checkbox on the "Macro Setting" controls that disables the Win key? That way we would be able to assign profiles with macros and choose if we would like to have the win key disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

Hi!

I have the same issue here. It would be great if we have the option to keep the windows key working in one of the profiles or if the macro keys also work in the non-gaming profile.

Thanks!

We're currently working on this issue and we'll get back to you guys once we have updates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

I was just thinking, would it be possible to aslo add another backlighting profile so the keyboard will be lit exactly like in this post?

haha that was just a photoshopped photo that we combined the 3 colors together ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lachee, for the current stage, we are only able to set macro on game mode and windows key will locked during game mode.

Hello! I just bought this Keyboard, and LOVE IT! With one MAJOR EXCEPTION! This exception is enough for me to RMA my keyboard and get another one instead.I REALLY thought this one was the best value, but I was unaware of this problem!

I am having the same issue as everyone else in this post. I NEED to be able to use the Windows Key, and the Macro Keys at the same time. There is no way to set a profile for default NON-Gaming mode, and the NON-GAMING mode, is the ONLY mode that the Windows Key works in. I am an IT Administrator, that does about 50% of my work from home remotely. I got this keyboard mainly because my office is Dark because I get migraines, so I need a backlit keyboard, and Red lighting is good for my migraines. 

Thats when I discovered that I can't change the color of the backlighting in Normal Non-Gaming Mode as well. So if I want the red Lighting, I can't have the Windows Key. And If I want the Windows Key, I can't have the red Backlighting or the MacroKeys. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I was glad to read your earlier posts that said that you would be coming out with a software patch to fix this. But you last post which I quoted, made it seem that you are no longer looking for a patch, and are saying that basically that is just the way things are going to be. So please be clear. I like your product, but don't lie or mislead us. Are you going to come out with a simple software patch that fixes this very simple problem, or is this just the way things are going to be?

I have a few days before I am going to start the RMA process. I have already Eye'd Myself a slightly more expensive keyboard from Logitech that Will do Macrokeys, Red Backlighting, and have the Windows Key all at the same time. I would prefer to keep the keyboard I already have. So Please let me know in a timely fashion if this will be possible. I would appreciate a definite answer instead of just leading us on. Sorry if I seem like an A$$, I was just surprised that something so simple as a Windows Key couldn't be used with a custom Profile, and got a little upset when I saw you say that you guys were working on a fix, and then with your most recent post you give the impression that you are no longer looking to fix that option. Thank You for your help regardless. I hope to see this resolved.

Matt

Hello! I just bought this Keyboard, and LOVE IT! With one MAJOR EXCEPTION! This exception is enough for me to RMA my keyboard and get another one instead.I REALLY thought this one was the best value, but I was unaware of this problem!

I am having the same issue as everyone else in this post. I NEED to be able to use the Windows Key, and the Macro Keys at the same time. There is no way to set a profile for default NON-Gaming mode, and the NON-GAMING mode, is the ONLY mode that the Windows Key works in. I am an IT Administrator, that does about 50% of my work from home remotely. I got this keyboard mainly because my office is Dark because I get migraines, so I need a backlit keyboard, and Red lighting is good for my migraines. 

Thats when I discovered that I can't change the color of the backlighting in Normal Non-Gaming Mode as well. So if I want the red Lighting, I can't have the Windows Key. And If I want the Windows Key, I can't have the red Backlighting or the MacroKeys. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I was glad to read your earlier posts that said that you would be coming out with a software patch to fix this. But you last post which I quoted, made it seem that you are no longer looking for a patch, and are saying that basically that is just the way things are going to be. So please be clear. I like your product, but don't lie or mislead us. Are you going to come out with a simple software patch that fixes this very simple problem, or is this just the way things are going to be?

I have a few days before I am going to start the RMA process. I have already Eye'd Myself a slightly more expensive keyboard from Logitech that Will do Macrokeys, Red Backlighting, and have the Windows Key all at the same time. I would prefer to keep the keyboard I already have. So Please let me know in a timely fashion if this will be possible. I would appreciate a definite answer instead of just leading us on. Sorry if I seem like an A$$, I was just surprised that something so simple as a Windows Key couldn't be used with a custom Profile, and got a little upset when I saw you say that you guys were working on a fix, and then with your most recent post you give the impression that you are no longer looking to fix that option. Thank You for your help regardless. I hope to see this resolved.

Matt

I am able to freely change my keyboard colours when out of the gaming mode, so I am not sure what is going on there :| However, this really does need to be address. If I knew before hand that the macro keys would not work without disabling the windows keys, I would have not purchased it because its just a pain! 

I mean, I understand why disable the win key in gaming mode (to prevent accidental press), but why even consider disabling the macro keys on normal mode? To prevent people making the most of the keyboard? It just seems so illogical :C

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the current software mate, the product team is doing a testing and will provide users a newer software soon.

Hello Josh, I still hope this feature is a work in progress?

Hi!

I have the same issue here. It would be great if we have the option to keep the windows key working in one of the profiles or if the macro keys also work in the non-gaming profile.

Thanks!

Diddo, I would like this as well, or if Gaming Mode is enabled a simple tick box in the software panel to enable/disable the Windows Key with Macro's. I believe this is an important function.

We're currently working on this issue and we'll get back to you guys once we have updates.

Hello again Josh,

I know I quoted your old posts and its been quite a while since other users have posted in here. I am very interested in purchasing they keyboard since I played around it at my cousins place out of town and I really enjoyed the feel and the colors and functionality, however I am a bit destressed that MACRO + Win Key's cannot be used at the same time.

In a non-gaming/working environment it would be nice to be able to use the 6 macro keys along with the Windows Key function. I would really love that feature on this board as it looks to stand out.

Is it possible for your team to add this into the software code? If it is not possible to assign Macro's in Normal Mode, then maybe in Gamers Mode with the 3 profiles, under each profile or M1 M2 M3 key there can be an option to save a profile with a tick check box ✓ to enable Windows Key function? Would it be simple to code.

If its too much hastle to code Normal Mode Macro's with Windows Key on, how about Gamers Mode online constantly with the ability to turn on/off Windows Key via a quick ✓ box tick and a save? Then we can get the best of both worlds.

Thank You, and I really hope that your software team can update this ASAP, I would love to support and purchase this product. I really enjoyed using it.

PS ... at the same time is this Windows 10 ready? Maybe your team can add this little code in while updating the drivers for W10 support, kill 2 birds with 1 stone type of deal.

Thank You.

Guest Tt Josh

Hello Josh, I still hope this feature is a work in progress?

Diddo, I would like this as well, or if Gaming Mode is enabled a simple tick box in the software panel to enable/disable the Windows Key with Macro's. I believe this is an important function.

Hello again Josh,

I know I quoted your old posts and its been quite a while since other users have posted in here. I am very interested in purchasing they keyboard since I played around it at my cousins place out of town and I really enjoyed the feel and the colors and functionality, however I am a bit destressed that MACRO + Win Key's cannot be used at the same time.

In a non-gaming/working environment it would be nice to be able to use the 6 macro keys along with the Windows Key function. I would really love that feature on this board as it looks to stand out.

Is it possible for your team to add this into the software code? If it is not possible to assign Macro's in Normal Mode, then maybe in Gamers Mode with the 3 profiles, under each profile or M1 M2 M3 key there can be an option to save a profile with a tick check box ✓ to enable Windows Key function? Would it be simple to code.

If its too much hastle to code Normal Mode Macro's with Windows Key on, how about Gamers Mode online constantly with the ability to turn on/off Windows Key via a quick ✓ box tick and a save? Then we can get the best of both worlds.

Thank You, and I really hope that your software team can update this ASAP, I would love to support and purchase this product. I really enjoyed using it.

PS ... at the same time is this Windows 10 ready? Maybe your team can add this little code in while updating the drivers for W10 support, kill 2 birds with 1 stone type of deal.

Thank You.

Hi, as this issue has been brought up by many users, it has been escalated to the team. They will surely look into this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

As i have been having the same problem im just wondering if you set one of the macro keys to show desktop, will that do as set ?

Hi, what do you mean by setting macro to show the desktop?