CHALLENGER Prime Version 3.0 lacks default profile support

g5633060

• 2 weeks later...

Any news? A month and still no updates!? Please fix this!

Currently, Game mode will lock Windows Key and Normal mode will not be able to set macros.

...Wow

So Lachee you were right. You posted to me after my last post and said that you could change colors of the keyboard while in non-gaming mode without issue, so I looked into it, and you were right. When doing it through the software (which was the only way I knew how to change the colors at first) it would automatically switch to gaming mode, but when doing it through the on-board keyboard shortcut, it changed the color without switching to gaming mode, so I get my red-lighting which was at least enough for me to be able to keep the keyboard.

At the same time I bought the keyboard, I bought a bad #### gaming mouse from Logitech, the G700's which has extra button at the thumb that I can assign to macro keys. Of course it isnt quite the same as having them on my keyboard, but after I programmed it to my liking it did the trick for me, and I kept my TT Sports Keyboard. I actually REALLY like it, I just wish it was possible to use the Windows Key and Macro Keys, I really think they screwed themselves there. I think I noted earlier that I am an IT Administrator. Small to Midsize Businesses who don't want to pay to have an IT staff on 100 percent of the time will outsource the work to companies like mine. So I work with SEVERAL different companies in Las Vegas, and am Constantly asked by novices and enthusiasts alike what is the best hardware. Of course its not always about keyboards, usually its the best processor, or best monitor, best Manufacturer, that sort of thing, but believe it or not Keyboards are one that clients bring up pretty often. Keys are either to hard to press, not spaced to the users liking, or gives them CT.

I would have loved to recommend the keyboard I use, but I can't knowing it has such a MAJOR flaw, and the makers are just ignoring it. I mean what if the person I recommend it to, recommends it to someone else and say that I said it was the best, but then they find out it has such a major flaw, then my judgement starts to come into question, and my reputation in this city is directly tied to my business and bottom line, so I just can't risk it. I only recommend things that I 100 percent believe in, and although I like using this product personally, I can't believe the way we the customers have been treated on this issue...

They keep leading us on in this post, and then when we ask for an update, they say sorry, this is the way things are. Then they promise to look into it again, because enough people have raised the issue, and then a month later Lachee asks again for an update, and then again its Sorry but thats the way things are. Its B.S. I don't care if this is not a major selling Item for TT Sports, if you care about your customers, especially if enough of them ask about the same issue, you take care of them, and TT Sports is just not. So why would I EVER recommend them, or purchase one of their products for my self again??? And its a shame, because it really is a nice product. And I am a person who hates dealing with Logitech, but at least at the end of the day, they usually fix the issue... SMH...

Anyways, I wanted to say thank you to you Lachee, for suggesting that there was a way to make the color switching and Windows Key work at the same time, it made me dig deeper and learn about the keyboard shortcut for changing colors, and thank you to Josh for doing your best to try and get our concerns to your design team who apparently could give 2 sh*ts about the at least 6 different people who have posted in this forum about the same issue. And this isn't the only forum that has mentioned this issue by the way, there is at least 2 others that I found just within this site alone. I guess we don't matter. 1 Love!

Matt

Guest Tt Josh

Hi Matt, if you don't care about our users, issues will not be escalated as promised. As issue will need to escalate to the appropriate team who manage the software and product, therefore, the thing that I can for you guys is to send this issue accordingly to them and make them notice about his matter. This is not a thing where you can change it in one sec, this will affect all the software for this keyboard. Please understand we have many users purchased this keyboard is because of that feature. This issue, as promised, has already been escalated and the team has been notified. They will need time to look into this as this is not the only project on hand for the team. Thanks for your cooperation.

• 2 months later...

Hi Matt, if you don't care about our users, issues will not be escalated as promised. As issue will need to escalate to the appropriate team who manage the software and product, therefore, the thing that I can for you guys is to send this issue accordingly to them and make them notice about his matter. This is not a thing where you can change it in one sec, this will affect all the software for this keyboard. Please understand we have many users purchased this keyboard is because of that feature. This issue, as promised, has already been escalated and the team has been notified. They will need time to look into this as this is not the only project on hand for the team. Thanks for your cooperation.

Its been nearly 6 months since this issue was first brought up and not a word from the developers about it. Are they even aware or just don't care because they have more profitable things to work on? You had one job Josh which was to bring it up to the developers. You are our voice to the developers Josh, and we are wanting to be heard!

Guest Tt Josh

We have already escalated all issues from you guys to the vendor and for now you will need to shift to GAME MODE in order for you to set macros and NORMAL MODE acts as a normal keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

We have already escalated all issues from you guys to the vendor and for now you will need to shift to GAME MODE in order for you to set macros and NORMAL MODE acts as a normal keyboard.

You are repeating yourself now. Its not good enough, we wish to see progress on this issue and not that its just being "escalated". We haven't even heard from the developers of someone other than yourself outside this forum that this issue has even been acknowledged!

I continue to wonder, are they ignoring this issue because they have a more expensive and profitable project to work on? While I admit this isn't the worlds most expensive keyboard, I did expect some sort of actual support form a major company other than "its been escalated"! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow pretty disappointing that you can't use window key functions and macros at the same time.  I believe an overwhelming amount of users would prefer to have this ability.  Too bad because I like the keyboard in every other aspect and it seems like this should be an easy fix.  I guess I will be returning the keyboard to Amazon if it is not going to be addressed which seems to be the case.

Guest Tt Josh

Wow pretty disappointing that you can't use window key functions and macros at the same time.  I believe an overwhelming amount of users would prefer to have this ability.  Too bad because I like the keyboard in every other aspect and it seems like this should be an easy fix.  I guess I will be returning the keyboard to Amazon if it is not going to be addressed which seems to be the case.

Hi, as this matter went quite huge on here, therefore we have already informed the team and they will look into this matter and might come up with some solution towards this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an embarrasment Thermaltake straight up lying to consumers

Yea, you can say that again man.

I feel your pain man. I've been waiting like 9-10 months now for an update. I'm sure they could have updated a software version that allows you to map the windows key with the software to have it work with the Macros. Makes no sense to have the key disabled and then can you only use the macro;s, and then when you enable the key the macros don't work.

That is why I got this keyboard the price point and I thought the colors and the features and they promised to fix this issue, now it looks like they scrapped the idea after leading us on for months, lying and nothing but bullshit. If i knew that I would have returned it in the 30 days of buying it. Now I'm stuck with it and I'm out money. I'm pist.

I think I'm going to scrap this #### and buy a G710 or 9xx series from logitech instead. I'm never getting another brand board again, my fault for going against Logitech. I knew I should have stook with them. I'm giving thumbs down for reviews as well. 1 star.

Lesson learned.

• 10 months later...

Greetings All, just wanted to share a quick work-a-round, obviously, the best solution would be to update the software.  In the meantime though - something we figured out here was creating a macro with just the Windows Key and assigning it to one of the T Macro keys. I am sure some of you have already figured it out; however, I didn't see any posts about it. Again, though, best solution, please fix the software and let us decide what is active and when.

• 2 years later...

LOL. So I have moved on obviously. Ended up becoming a bit more of a Keyboard snob in my older age and fell into Cherry MX Brown's and Speed Switches. Will never switch back now. But was just searching through old bookmarks seeing what I could get rid of, and clicked on this because I couldn't remember what the #### this was for. Read through the forum and had a laugh. No One ever said if this was ever fixed. But 3 Years later after the last post, has this ever been addressed, or are we still not able to use Macro's at the same time as the windows key, because "that's just how it was designed"?

FYI, I fell over to Corsair's Luxury Keyboards (The K70 Lux, and k70 Lux mk2 Specifically) and while their team did have flaws with both keyboards at first, it didn't take long for them to address the issues. I definitely liked Josh here, he was just doing the best he could, but the design team.... Well I guess its a low margin low cost product, but still... Anyways, just checking on everyone, have you guys all moved on too, or were your issues ever addressed?