Armor Legion Gaming - Tt South Africa

Guest Tt Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit everyone,

The past few weeks have been hard as the final leg of the DGL is at the half way marker, and the teams are fighting to stay on top. Team Vanguard has been leading the way for ALG with only one loss under the belt due to technical difficulty at the time of the match. It was even more frustrating as it was the only other Tte sponsored team here in SA, a rematch is definitely in order to put us firmly back at the top! :D Team Vanguard will be pushing for the #1 spot and doing their best to prepare for the upcoming national championship this coming October. Keep an eye on this space as the Ballistix Masters SA (previously called the Crucial Cup) has also kicked of with Team Vanguard starting their campaign with a Match vs (DL)Abberation. Here are the links to follow team Vanguard!

http://www.ballistixmasters.co.za/e-sports-titles/battlefield-4/

https://www.digitalgamingleague.co.za/divisions/83

uSYR1X9.png

Tonight the boys from Vanguard will kick of with a Bang!!

jRga2X2.png

Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

This has been one tough season for Vanguard,but theey are hanging in there.With them going to the Final 16 for the Ballistix Masters and also onmly 2 games left in the DGL they are showing thier will power to take this home.

FSDvrLZ.png

This is what the Ballistix news has to say :

b17Ffu4.png

Lets see if Vanguard can finish off with a good win!

DtH7lJq.png

With these results Vanguard will take on the group leaders on the 1September to see who will top the log.

Cheers.

Quick Update on the Explicit CSGO Boys..

We are approaching this league strong already taking out 5 of the 7 teams we need to play :D makes me really proud of my team :D

If you are interested in the groups the here is the link :) https://www.digitalgamingleague.co.za/divisions/74

With one more win we qualify for promotion to premier division which will get us one more step closer to our goal :) 

We will be attending the do gaming championships this year and look forward to placing quite high among our competition.

Thanks for all the support #Tte

HEY GUYS! 

We are proud to announce that Legions will be one of the 16 teams to be invited to NAG LAN rAge!

We've been facing some tough teams in first Div, but we're practicing hard with the ongoing crucial cup!

Second round teams have been announced and Legions made it through, and will be facing TERA FIB next!

Scores will be posted! :P

Also check out our individual players, unboxing vids and more on our Facebook page!

Happy Gaming!  ;)

Howzit everyone,

Here is the latest interview i did for the Ballistix Masters Cup.

Getting to know ALG and looking at the final 16

The final 16 is here and we had Cady give his views and predictions on the outcome of these matches. Remember that each team who wins their first bracket match makes it to the final 8 and automatically wins a minimum of R2000 for their team! PewPew Gaming already won their match and are one of the teams to claim a share of the massive prize pool.
Matches to look out for this week that will be casted by Spitzkop

Thursday 01 sep 20:30pm – DDC Inferno vs ENiGma Devast8
Sunday 4 September at 18h00 – Pulse Elevate vs SvG iNFamous
Sunday 4 September at 20:30 – ALG Vanguard vs Tera Lit
Stream link

Now looking at that Sunday match and seeing ALG mentioned again, you can’t help but notice that this is a clan who has been making waves the past few years. I myself said in an recorded interview that this would be the clan to watch out for, as they are putting in a lot of work and they have really grown so much over the last year.
I took some time to speak to Wimpie, the owner of ALG.

When was ALG established and why start your own clan?

ALG was established in October 2010 as Armor Recon(BEar), for those who can still remember. It grew as a clan from 8 guys to 3 times the size. For a while we were mucking about trying to find our feet till we started picking up some talent and also gaining some good experience. When the clan got a bit of traction we re-branded to what you see today, ALG. For me, starting my own clan, was something inspired from my army days. I always had a passion for the military and some games gave me the option not to just be a foot soldier but also drive tanks etc and i had to do it with some of my friends. They won’t let just anybody drive a tank in the army, so this is the next best thing!

What kind of effort does it take running a successful clan/MGO?

The short version is “don’t try this at home!†Everyone thinks that you can slap a few guys together and bang ‘super clan achieved’, it takes long hours to manage, listen, correspond and also stay on top of your game if you are part of one of the teams. Me, I have 2 full time Jobs, kids, a wife, a puppy, and 2 big puppies to take care of, so it can be tough juggling it all at the same time, I’m sure many gamers in SA have the same problems. But if you can make it work the results are so worth it. Just run the clan like you would a business, with your only goal being success and everything will be a lot easier, even with a few tough decisions along the way.

How many teams do you have and how often do you train?

ALG currently has four Battlefield teams, two CSGO teams, One DOTA and one LOL team and alot of guys doing the casual thing ranging from ARMA to WIldstar. The Current teams in the DGL Crunch in 3 days a week from anywhere between 4-7 hours of training, and matches. This not including the individual training everyone takes on themselves. And we definitely think Lockers doesn’t count!

Having 2 teams in the final 16 bracket, and with the tournament paying a guaranteed R2000 to the top 8 teams, do you see both your teams winning their first bracket matches and securing your clan some extra cash?

My prediction always kicks me in the face so i cant say anything until we hear that bell ring. We have good hopes for the two teams, and we always want our guys to do well! Getting both teams as close to the finals is a decent amount of training we can get in for rage. I know if Vanguard gains some cash, it’ll help me get my hands on a sick gaming chair. The bucket don’t work for me no more!

What teams would you like to see in the Semi Finals?

This will be a tight one as some teams have shown us all that no team on this level should be left ignored. I will give this one a xTc-Legion and a Pulse team Envy or Evolve in the one and this is tough maybe a SVG-iNfamous and Pew Spectrum in the other, i could be wrong as i would like one of our teams to be there but these guys are on top of their game at the moment and will always prove tough to beat.

When talking about E-sports, why Battlefield? What made you decide to play this specific game?

Like i said before i am a passionate military man, been there done that kind of vibe. Battlefield gave me the all round feeling of being in battle, loud explosions, running from tanks, choppers overhead, building collapsing…. It all makes for that real sense of battle. It’s nothing close to the real thing, but then the real thing doesn’t let you respawn!!!

Regarding Battlefield 1 being released soon, what are your thoughts on the game and the years going forward?

I have mixed feelings at the moment, I haven’t played yet (really need some fiber for faster downloads!), but I think with all the progress EA and Dice have made in working with the community to fix all the issues in BF4 gives us some hope that it’ll be a fun game to play. As for competitive, it doesn’t really look like it was a part of the thought process when they designed the game, but I may be wrong. If it proves to be a poor competitive title, then we’ll hang around for some Bad Company 3! Otherwise, Batallion 1944 is still in the works which is boasting to be a skill based game and is being designed by a bunch of ex comp players from back in the day. Yes, Battlefield 1 is the next big thing from EA but will it be the next competitive Battlefield for ALG, I don’t know.

andBeyond-Nxabenga-Okavango-Tented-Camp-

Thank you.

Howzit everyone,

Last night team Vanguard pulled of a crazy win against the no1 team in thier group securing a draw for Vanguard and xTc Forsaken on the points board.Vanguard will progress back into the Prem League wich is the no1 League in South Africa.Vanguard is almost back on form and showing that they will be a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming national championships.Good luck BOYS!!Well deserved win!!!

bLziJYq.png

Cheers!

Hey guys!

Thursday night ALG Legions played yet another DGL match against DHK Paradox and made a massive comeback with a 2-0 win for Legions! 

GG WP DHK!

Check out some of our Legion players using their awesome sponsored gear from #TTE

mocfYel.jpg

tte_KillRoy

WxBXfD4.jpg

tte_MuNkY

With an already guaranteed spot in the top 16, Legions are excited about their upcoming match against TERA FIB, in the Ballistixx Masters cup!

Scores will be posted!

We would also like to thank #Thermaltake and #TTESPORTS for their ongoing support of our Legions team, we can't wait to represent #TTE this year at rAge NAG LAN!

Thanks guys!

Happy gaming!  ;)

to shed some light we had to make changes to our jerseys and this will be our jerseys, getting printed soon :D #cantwait

will soon update on our team progress for our playoff stages for the promotions, and then its off to the Championships playoffs

5Zriwex.jpg

Looks awesome!

Quick update on Team Explicit for CSGO:

We have worked hard this leg of telkom digital gaming league and have qualified for promotion to premier division for next year.

We have also qualified for the do gaming championship which will take place in October and look forward to taking a top spot at this lan event.

For our recent results click here

Thanks again for all the awesome gear and support #loveTte

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! 

We caught up with some of our players from ALG Legions and had a few questions for them regarding their gaming style, they had some interesting answers  :ph34r:

1.       What's your real name and gamer tag?
Jason Klein - Tte_Dust182

2.       What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?
I started with  Eve-online and i'm currently playing Battlefield 4!

3.       What position do you currently play in your team?

I mostly play mid lane assault, and also support the flank where need be.

4.       What type of challenges do you often face when playing this position?
Mostly being pinned behind cover or getting shot when moving from cover to cover.

5.       What would you say are your strengths and/or weaknesses when playing?

Strengths: long shots, rushing, quick in game decisions

Weaknesses: Getting over eager for positions and sometimes being out moved by the enemy team.

Thanx Dust!  :D 

Meanwhile Legions has begun the count down for rAge, and with only a mere 2 weeks left, the guys are pushing hard with practices! 

#excitedmuch?  :D

Happy gaming!  ;)

We got our Legions captain, MadMax in the hot seat for a short Q&A!  :P

1.       What's your real name and gamer tag?
Francois Peyper aka Tte_llMadmaxll
2.       What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?
I started way back with Quake 1 and Doom 95, and got into online gaming with Ghost Recon advanced War-fighter, and i currently play Battlefield 4 online.
3.       What position do you currently play in your team?
Captain of the Legions team / Mid lane support and bomb carrier in the current competitive mode that is squad obliteration in DGL
4.       What type of challenges do you often face when playing this position?
Rushing into a wall of gun fire with support close by
5.       What would you say are your strengths and/or weaknesses when playing?

Strengths - Making split second decisions.

Weakness - Being impatient, and short tempered. 

Thanks Max!

Happy gaming! ;)

Howzit everyone!!

ALG had their annual get together to celebrate ALG's 6th Birthday,not all could make it but for those who did it was great fun.ALG is one big happy gamer family and also in real life we are many Families that is part of ALG.Thanks to all that was there.

wE3LV5T.jpg

fnD0krc.jpg

See all of you next year for our next Birthday.!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another short Q&A from one of our core ALG Legions player!

1. What's your real name and gamer tag?

Stefan "MuNkY" Janse van Rensburg

2. What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?

Started off with the Call of duty series up to Blackops 3, then switched over to the Battlefield series start of 2016.

3. What position do you currently play in your team?

Support flank and roaming.

4. What type of challenges do you often face when playing this position?

Dealing with multiple enemies and securing a path through the enemy defense.

5. What would you say are your strengths and/or weaknesses when playing?

Strengths: Good aim, Moving up and holding my own in a gunfight.

Weaknesses: Over eager play.

Happy Gaming!  ;)

We got our Legions captain, MadMax in the hot seat for a short Q&A!  :P

1.       What's your real name and gamer tag?
Francois Peyper aka Tte_llMadmaxll
2.       What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?
I started way back with Quake 1 and Doom 95, and got into online gaming with Ghost Recon advanced War-fighter, and i currently play Battlefield 4 online.
3.       What position do you currently play in your team?
Captain of the Legions team / Mid lane support and bomb carrier in the current competitive mode that is squad obliteration in DGL
4.       What type of challenges do you often face when playing this position?
Rushing into a wall of gun fire with support close by
5.       What would you say are your strengths and/or weaknesses when playing?

Strengths - Making split second decisions.

Weakness - Being impatient, and short tempered. 

Thanks Max!

Happy gaming! ;)

You forgot to ask him one last question: "What's your favourite eSports brand?" ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day everyone.

ALG is starting of with a bang in this years national championships.With 2 teams in the premier cup,Vanguard for battlefield and Explicit for CSGO.We wish both teams best of luck and we know they have the edge with their Tte Gear!!!