Poseidon Z RGB - Not recognized on Mac OS X after Firmware Update

TheMorphinator

So I was at my local Best Buy yesterday, and picked up a Poseidon Z RGB with blue switches.  I got home, unboxed it, plugged it into my Mac, and everything worked great. There was some glitches with key rollover on while connected to the Mac, so I just left it off.  Then I connected it to my PC, and downloaded Thermaltake's software.  It prompted to do a firmware update to version 22, which I did, and everything seemed to be working fine.  Today, I plugged it back into my Mac, and... Nothing.  It doesn't illuminate, and no keypresses are registered.  I went to "Change Keyboard Type" in System Preferences, and the wizard did not recognize any keypresses.  I tried with several other Macs, rebooting, and still - nothing.  Deleted the plist file for keyboard settings too.  It works great while connected to a PC, but not at all while connected to a Mac.  I re-flashed the firmware again, and it still does not work on Mac - it was working great before the firmware update (I believe it had version 11 originally though I'm not completely sure).  

Any suggestions?  I really like the keyboard and don't want to return it, but I can't have a PC-only compatible keyboard, especially if it was working out of the box, then the firmware update took away that functionality.  Thanks!

Guest Tt Josh

So I was at my local Best Buy yesterday, and picked up a Poseidon Z RGB with blue switches.  I got home, unboxed it, plugged it into my Mac, and everything worked great. There was some glitches with key rollover on while connected to the Mac, so I just left it off.  Then I connected it to my PC, and downloaded Thermaltake's software.  It prompted to do a firmware update to version 22, which I did, and everything seemed to be working fine.  Today, I plugged it back into my Mac, and... Nothing.  It doesn't illuminate, and no keypresses are registered.  I went to "Change Keyboard Type" in System Preferences, and the wizard did not recognize any keypresses.  I tried with several other Macs, rebooting, and still - nothing.  Deleted the plist file for keyboard settings too.  It works great while connected to a PC, but not at all while connected to a Mac.  I re-flashed the firmware again, and it still does not work on Mac - it was working great before the firmware update (I believe it had version 11 originally though I'm not completely sure).  

Any suggestions?  I really like the keyboard and don't want to return it, but I can't have a PC-only compatible keyboard, especially if it was working out of the box, then the firmware update took away that functionality.  Thanks!

Hey The Morphinator, 

Try to do the following way to check whether it will solve the problem.

- Make sure you turn off the N-Key Rollover feature when you plug it in to MAC....(Press Fn+PgDown to turn off NKRO)

- Make sure you're in Game Mode, not Battle mode, means you have to enable Windows Key

- If cannot resolve, try to reset the keyboard by pressing Fn+Esc (hold it for 10 secs)

Hey The Morphinator, 

Try to do the following way to check whether it will solve the problem.

- Make sure you turn off the N-Key Rollover feature when you plug it in to MAC....(Press Fn+PgDown to turn off NKRO)

- Make sure you're in Game Mode, not Battle mode, means you have to enable Windows Key

- If cannot resolve, try to reset the keyboard by pressing Fn+Esc (hold it for 10 secs)

Hey Josh,

Thanks, I just tried resetting the keyboard before plugging it into the Mac, and while it was connected to the Mac, and unfortunately it still isn't working.  I already tried with N-Key rollover turned off and with the windows key enabled (using the button on the top-right of the keyboard), but I forgot to mention those earlier.  Even when holding down Fn+Esc for the reset, while it's connected to the Mac, the MR light doesn't blink like it does on a PC.  It's like it's completely dead when connected to Mac, but the computer can actually see it as two keyboards - I attached a pic from IORegistryExplorer on the Mac, and my ASUS bios.

post-9894-0-63154900-1436756361_thumb.jpg

post-9894-0-91943200-1436756472_thumb.jpg

Try to install the latest firmware (Version 25)...Click HERE to install.

I downloaded, but it's the same version I currently have installed.  Just to make sure though, I did a complete uninstall/reinstall, and it's still showing as firmware version 22 in the v1.1 build of the program.

This issue will be escalated to the team and will keep you updated ;)

Thanks!

post-9894-0-50278600-1436772907_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest Tt Josh

Question for the RGB Brown Switch version: Is there any way to download the software for the keyboard if I have a Mac? The keyboard works perfectly fine, but I want to be able to customize it, however, I don't have a program on my Mac that can run Windows files. Help?

Hi hinotenshi, yea the software currently does not support with MAC but the keyboard as a hardward does and the lighting effects still works with MAC.  :)

Hi hinotenshi, yea the software currently does not support with MAC but the keyboard as a hardward does and the lighting effects still works with MAC.  :)

Is there any way to get it to stay a certain color when connected to a Mac? I bought this as a present for my best friend, but its only meaningful if I can turn the colors to orange.

• 1 year later...

Greetings,

I'm having the same issue. I tried to update on PC and the update didn't work and the keyboard (Poseidon Z RGB) stopped working all together, on my Mac and PC. Tried to resets in the steps above, installed the latest link you posted in this thread and the keyboard won't turn on and the firmware won't update. it says version 0 and the progress bar doesn't move. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Could you reinstall the software with these steps:

1. plug out your keyboard

2. remove software

3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TteSPORTS and clean all files

4. restart your computer

5. plug in the keyboard

6. install software

download link: http://www.ttesports.com/Keyboard/201/POSEIDON_Z_RGB_Brown_Switch_Edition_/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr 

update guide: http://www.ttesports.com/files/Product_download/howtoupdatethefirmwareforposeidonz%20rgb(v2_20160624).pdf 

I followed the steps. After removing the software, the folder is no longer there so I wasn't able to do step 3. So I restarted, plugged in my keyboard and installed the software. Now its saying to "Please plug-in Gaming Device to start the AP configuration"]

The keyboard doesn't appear to be on at all when I plug it in any of my USB drives, yet other devices I have plugged in via USB work like mouse, hard drives etc. Adding a device doesn't work either.