Ttammy, the miniature powerhouse.

CRS10114

Hello all!

This is my first post on Tt Community, but I've been a PC person (you could say "enthusiast", but that's up to you) for a few years now. Anyway, now to the meat and potatoes of this post.

A few months ago, I decided to build a new rig from scratch (aside from keeping my PSU). Because I am going off to college in the fall, I wanted to downsize from my NZXT Phantom (the original full tower) so that I could more easily transport my rig. My friend recommended the Thermaltake Core V21, and once I saw it I knew immediately that it was the perfect case for what I had in mind. I went down to the local Micro Center the next day and picked up the case. I then ordered the parts online, waited a couple days for them to arrive, and started building.

I recently talked to a customer service representative named Donny (#### I hope I spelled that right), who after I described my build to him told me that I should post it to Tt Community. So here I am.

Edit: I was wrong It's Dhony. Sorry man!

All right, here's what's inside:

• CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K
  • Motherboard - ASUS Z97-M PLUS
  • GPU - EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
  • RAM - Avexir Core Series White LED (16GB @ 1600MHz)
  • CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 (with 12cm Tt Riing fans in push-pull)
  • PSU - Corsair RM850
  • Case - Tt Core V21 (duh)
  • Case fans - 12/14cm Tt Riing and Luna fans
  • Other - Tt Commander FX (10 port 3-pin fan hub)

TL;DR - I built a new gaming rig and decided to use the Thermaltake Core V21.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Ttammy.

feVleLp.jpg

A view from above. I removed the top window panel so that the ambient light didn't mess with the picture quality. Every fan is either a Tt Luna or Riing. The blue light you see is coming from the Tt Commander FX.

DzPhkYJ.jpg

The Corsair H105 and Corsair RM850 are the only parts of this build that I sort of wish I could have changed. Not to say that Corsair doesn't make quality parts, it's just that I wanted to do a Thermaltake exclusive build (case, fans, PSU, etc.), but I couldn't afford to go and buy +$300 worth of parts that I could just transplant from my previous build. Because college apparently costs money. I know it's petty, but I really did want to go all out on Thermaltake parts that I could. I'm not asking for a handout, but if a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme showed up at my front door, I wouldn't mind it.

GK4X3qb.jpg

Here's a side view of the little cable kraken that lives in the side area of my case. I don't worry too much about it, it isn't obstructing airflow in any significant way. I will probably be purchasing white threaded cables from Corsair soon, so hopefully those will be easier to manage than the stock flat cables that came with the RM850.

TCjKQGq.jpg

My GTX 980 Ti. Really glad I went with this card, the white LED really makes the card fit in with the rest of the build, and the yellow "SC" is subdued enough that it doesn't throw anything off.

fpKGQ0O.jpg

Avexir is one of the only companies who make good looking RAM with LEDs. I know Crucial has their Tracer series, but Avexir's Core series looks better in my opinion.

sHfY7f6.jpg

A look at Ttammy from the front. Notice the 14cm Tt Riing fans in between the filter and the case frame. There are 14cm Luna fans on the other side of the frame to push the air a bit better.

hZn8J8H.jpg

I popped off the filter to take a peek at the Riing fans.

5neazU6.jpg

The blue LED from the Tt Commander FX makes a nice little afterglow underneath my case. If you're wondering, the Commander FX is situated underneath the motherboard thanks to the included Velcro strips.

oAACBaY.jpg

The two 12cm Luna side intake fans blow directly over my GTX 980 Ti to feed it fresh air and keep it cool whether or not it's under load.

a5bkM3P.jpg

One of my favorite features about the Core V21 is the magnetic fan filters. They make dust cleaning an absolute breeze.

38C0j8y.jpg

Last but not least, a view of the rest of my "battlestation" (or whatever you want to call it).

Well, I hope you like my rig as much as I do. It was a pleasure building it, and even more so gaming on it. Not that I expect there to be any, but if you have a question about anything, feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
CRS10114

Thanks! I'm glad I could make such a build, the Tt Core V21 is such a great case, and the Riing series fans are my absolute favorite type of case fan now.

I can't wait for the side mesh panel and fan mounting brackets to come in. I also plan on getting a couple more 12cm Riing fans. I'll post pictures of what I do once I do it.

Cheers,

CRS10114

• 4 years later...