Toughpower Owners Club

Tt Vincent

Yours Greetings friends of this community, I apologize if not the forum for this query, I have a Toughpower 750w and the problem is that the PSU on, it works, turn the fan, dvd, led etc, but the motherboard does not, the place makes it flashes the lED on the board (asus P5NT) But if you put another source it on normally. The strange thing is that it works, but does not operate the mobo. Sorry, I do not speak English, use a translator of google. Greetings look ances their opinions matter.

......................................................................................................................

Reciban un cordial saludos amigos de esta comunidad, pido disculpas si no este el foro para esta consulta, tengo una toughpower 750w y el problema es que la PSU enciende, funciona, prende los fan, dvd, led etc, pero la motherboard no, al colocarla ella hace que titile el led de la placa (asus P5NT) Pero, si le coloco otra fuente ella enciende normalmente. Lo extraño del caso es, que ella funciona, pero no hace funcionar la mobo. Disculpen, no hablo ingles, uso un traductor de google. Saludos espero con ancias sus opiniones al tema.

Hello, 

Can you try to remove your DVD drive and Hard drive?  

We’re wondering whether your motherboard can work if you only keep CPU, VGA, and RAM for your motherboard. Please feel free to let us know if any questions.

• 8 months later...

Hey folks, long time Thermaltake PSU owner here and I have a spanking new Toughpower 850W installed and it makes a significant amount of what I believe is fan noise. It works just fine, but even under no load (no video card, just booting to Windows) it makes a rather loud, deep, continuous clicking sound. If it were high pitched I would think the fan was maybe hitting the guard. Is this normal with higher wattage PSUs? I'd hate to RMA a brand new PSU.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hey folks, long time Thermaltake PSU owner here and I have a spanking new Toughpower 850W installed and it makes a significant amount of what I believe is fan noise. It works just fine, but even under no load (no video card, just booting to Windows) it makes a rather loud, deep, continuous clicking sound. If it were high pitched I would think the fan was maybe hitting the guard. Is this normal with higher wattage PSUs? I'd hate to RMA a brand new PSU.

Thanks!

Hello,

Is your power supply still working okay?

Perhaps you may let us know the P/N of your power supply, so we can double check if any thing wrong with the fan.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what to do. I won a ultimate computer build from Tiger Direct a year a go which included the toughpower 1050 PSU. Unfortunately it died on me last last Friday not even a year after I got it. I know that normally they have a 5 year warranty but I have no receipt for it.  Is there anyone at Thermaltake that could assist me in this matter? I would greatly appreciate it. 

I just wanted to take a moment and publicly thank and acknowledge Thermaltake for honoring my request for a replacement PSU that died on me.  It would have been easy to to ignore my claim but you didn't and instead went the extra mile to make me whole. This level of customer support is rare.  I will continue to buy and support this company for many years to follow. 

Well played my friends.

• 9 months later...

Hello, everyone...

I have a new TT Toughpower 1475w PSU that won't turn on. It provides enough power to light up the buttons on my motherboard, but when I turn the computer on the power supply clicks and shuts off. After about 15 seconds, it lights up the motherboard again but still won't power up. I tried the troubleshooting steps in the manual to no avail. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

im having this exact same issue with a Thoughpower 750w 80+ gold, i tried a different psu and it works, anything i can do? i bought it a year ago but i bought it through amazon shipped to the US then to Nicaragua, please help!

im having this exact same issue with a Thoughpower 750w 80+ gold, i tried a different psu and it works, anything i can do? i bought it a year ago but i bought it through amazon shipped to the US then to Nicaragua, please help!

the power supply was working on the system before?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Need help with a DPS G RGB 750W.  I am building a showcase system, using a P5, 3900x, and an RX 5700 XT.  I finished the build, and rechecked all the cabling.  I powered up the PSU, first, no RGB from the fan, then one of the wires on the 8 pin connector to the motherboard literally melted from the PSU to the mainboard.  This PSU came straight out of the box and into this build.  It had never been used before now.   If there is damage beyond the failed PSU, do I contact Thermaltake?  All the components are brand new.

20200112_142918[1].jpg

20200112_142933[1].jpg

20200112_142941[1].jpg