Chaser MK-1 Light Control

sojurn

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Chaser MK-1 case and moved all my internals over. Love the case in general but I'm a little confused by the Fan LED button. From what I can tell, while the system is running, it cannot change the fan LED settings. However, it does seem to take effect after power down / up.

If I do not press the fan LED button, the whatever the previous setting was maintains and if I press it and then power cycle the system, it takes effect during the next power up. My question is, is this the intended behavior?

If it is not, any suggestions on how I can go about fixing it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Chaser MK-1 case and moved all my internals over. Love the case in general but I'm a little confused by the Fan LED button. From what I can tell, while the system is running, it cannot change the fan LED settings. However, it does seem to take effect after power down / up.

If I do not press the fan LED button, the whatever the previous setting was maintains and if I press it and then power cycle the system, it takes effect during the next power up. My question is, is this the intended behavior?

If it is not, any suggestions on how I can go about fixing it?

Thanks for any help.

Sojum,

Welcome to the Tt Community Forums!

The fan LED option should change the LED color instantly with the fans built-in on the chassis.

If you are using aftermarket fans in place of the stock ones (Please confirm), you may run into these situations as the fans for the LED controller are proprietary.

Having to power cycle to get the color to change with the stock fans could be an issue with the PCB controller on the case and we can replace just that part under warranty.

Hi ThermalMike,

I do have a TT 200mm fan (blue LED) installed at the top of the case connected to the fan controller. I have now disconnected it based on your feedback and the lights do indeed switch real-time. If I were to get the colorshift fan, would it work with the controller or will I run into the same problem?

Thanks!