Screw type for TT 3.0

Southernhosp

The water 3.0 radiators all use M3 screw threads.

As far as screws, you can use the screws that are included with the product to mount other fans, if you plan to use aftermarket fans the screws should still work if they are 25mm height.

For example, our Riing fans include both case and radiator screws for applications like this.

let us know if you need anything else.

When you have a fan mounting to a radiator, you have to use a pass-through screw (though both holes) to attach the fan to the rad.

There is no way to get to the back side to use a shorter screw. (unless you use a shorter screw and pass the screw driver through the first hole to use the second as the mounting hole into the radiator)

So from what you say, I do not fully understand what you are trying to do, let me know details or a picture :)

Edited by ThermalMike

• 6 months later...

The water 3.0 radiators all use M3 screw threads...

I purchased the Water 3.0 Ultimate (360mm) and had plans to add a 360mm shroud between my fans in pull configuration, so I ordered a set of 60mm M3 screws to make it work, but this radiator actually does not use M3 screws. The threads are completely different when comparing to the ones that came packaged with the unit. Do you know which thread pattern the Water 3.0 Ultimate uses?

Thanks for looking into this for me. I found this post earlier and ordered the M3 screws based on this thread...not your fault, I should have waited til I got the unit then match the threads at the hardware store and order after I was sure. I just wanted the screws faster so I could make the build when I got the radiator. I went on a hunch after seeing the screws that come packed with the unit and ordered some #6-32 x 2-3/8" screws from Amazon...should be here today, along with my final build components, so I'm in no bind, just short $20 for the M3s I ordered from Fastenal (couldn't find the length I needed anywhere lol).

So, I have (12) black M3 x 60mm hex head screws and (24) 0.5mm M3-size washers if anyone is looking! This is useful for 25mm fan + 25mm shroud + gaskets and case material.

Thanks again ThermalMike!

If I may add a suggestion...let's create a thread that lists all thread sizes and depth into the radiator (before hitting the fins) for all radiators for easy web searching. This is the only post I could find that says anything about radiator thread sizes.

• 4 years later...