VOLOS mouse

link871

I've just installed the latest firmware update (v1.5) but I cannot use the mouse for anything but basic functions - I can't set any profiles.  When I try to start the software I get a message "Please plug-in Gaming Device to start the AP configuration"  (I have been getting this message since just after I installed the mouse about a month ago - the software worked initially but now doesn't recognise the mouse as a Volos)  I've tried plugging the mouse into different USB ports (both 3.0 and 2.0) 

I'm running Windows 8.1.  Any suggestions?

today i tride it on amy laptop and it work but it still doesn't work on my desktop

and i all ready open a ticket yesterday and on respons from you

update: now it stop working on my laptop as well.

Update 2: now I need to uninstall and then install the software every time I plug my mouse to my laptop

Edited by oreitan13

Jeff

thanks for looking at this

My motherboard is GA 287-D3HP Motherboard lntel 287 Chipset.  It is running Windows 8.1.

Does the drive make any difference?  My C: drive is an SSD with only 128GB, so I always try to install software on my E: drive which is a 2TB HDD.  The Volos software is on my E: drive. Does it expect to be on the C: drive?

Jeff

thanks for looking at this

My motherboard is GA 287-D3HP Motherboard lntel 287 Chipset.  It is running Windows 8.1.

Does the drive make any difference?  My C: drive is an SSD with only 128GB, so I always try to install software on my E: drive which is a 2TB HDD.  The Volos software is on my E: drive. Does it expect to be on the C: drive?

Thanks for the quick reply. We'll look into this and provide an update to you.

Hey link871, we tested with that motherboard and it was fine.

I'll need your assistance for trouble shooting this. oreiten13, please also try this.

Go to the VOLOS page: http://ttesports.com/Mouse/116/VOLOS/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.U-nDgeOSzgw

and grab the "VOLOS FIRMWARE UPDATE V1.5" program.

The next time the "Please plug-in Gaming Device to start the AP configuration" error shows up. Open up the "VOLOS FIRMWARE UPDATE V1.5" program, and check if the VOLOS is detected in the 'device' area. If it is, the device area will display 'Tt eSPORTS VOLOS gaming mosue'.  Similar to the screenshot below.  Please let us know whether it shows up or not.

post-33-0-29677300-1407829468.png

*Note: please try this when you are getting the "Please plug-in Gaming Device..." error message.

I get the same error. "Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration".

I checked the firmware by running the 1.5 exe update and my mouse does not show in the Device area.

My operating system is: Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

My Motherboard:  Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-890GPA-UD3H 

Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

I thought maybe I was having a conflict with my Logitech software from my old mouse but the Volos still does not work after uninstalling logitech software.

One more Edit. I ran the setup exe as administrator then ran the software as administrator and it\\the software now works perfectly.

All functions configure and run like they should.

Edited by Borske

I get the same error. Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration.

I checked the firmware by running the 1.5 exe update and my mouse does not show in the Device area.

My operating system is: Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

My Motherboard:  Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-890GPA-UD3H

Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

I thought maybe I was having a conflict with my Logitech software from my old mouse but the Volos still does not work after uninstalling logitech software.

One more Edit. I ran the setup exe as administrator then ran the software as administrator and it worked.

Hi Borske, are you saying everything's fine now?  

Hello, I have the same problem as "link871".

I have the Volos Mouse, and tried everything you tell in this post (reinstall the software, update to 1.5, execute as administrator), but nothing worked. I still see the message "Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration".

I have Windows 8 64bit. 

Is there any other version of the software i should download? where can I get it? Thank you!

Success. :D   The new edition of the software has got it working again.  Thanks, guys, for persisting with this.  It is much appreciated!

Hey link871, glad we got it working for you. 

Hello, I have the same problem as "link871".

I have the Volos Mouse, and tried everything you tell in this post (reinstall the software, update to 1.5, execute as administrator), but nothing worked. I still see the message "Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration".

I have Windows 8 64bit. 

Is there any other version of the software i should download? where can I get it? Thank you!

I've PMed you the link to try the modified software.

I'm having this problem too. Tried everything, reinstalling drivers etc. Firmware of my TT Volos is updated to the latest version (v1.5). I'm still getting this message "Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration". Would you please share the software that fixes this issue?

I have Windows 8.1 x64

I'm having this problem too. Tried everything, reinstalling drivers etc. Firmware of my TT Volos is updated to the latest version (v1.5). I'm still getting this message "Please plug in the gaming device to start the AP Configuration". Would you please share the software that fixes this issue?

I have Windows 8.1 x64

I've sent you a PM.  Could you confirm for me what your setup shows, similar to post #11 / 12 in this thread? 

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having the same issue, "please plug-in gaming device to start the AP configuration" even after running as admin for both install and otherwise.  Running Win 8.1 x64

Volos mouse,

Volos AP 1.1.2 (and tried with 1.0)

Tried different USB port.

Firmware upgrade utility recognises the mouse correctly, OSD works as well.

Please try the latest version of the firmware (2.0)

http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/291-volos-laser-gaming-mouse-firmwaresoftware-here/

• 6 months later...