Trouble with 5 Riing Plus fans and Floe AIO cooler with Ryzen

ScoobyMatt

I've run into some problems trying to configure a new build, and I'm wondering if my original Riing Plus 12 TT Premium Edition fan controller is not suitable for a new Ryzen build?

So I have a 3x Riing Plus 12 TT Premium RGB Fans (with a controller) and a Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium (2x Riing Plus fans + Floe controller) - both bought early 2018.

For almost 2 years I have connected 4x fans + AIO liquid cooler to the Floe controller in a Intel build, and everything has worked fine.

Now I've built a Ryzen 3600 system, and want to use all 5 fans, so currently have:

- all 5 Riing Plus fans connected to the fan controller

- just the AIO liquid cooler connected to the Floe controller (the daisy chain connector is blanked out to identify it as Floe controller!)

- both controllers powered from molex connectors

- both controllers have the DIP switch configured - fan controller is "1", floe controller is "2"

- both connected to USB using the Y connector onto motherboard USB header (I can't use the daisy chain as the floe controller has the panel blanked)

Despite numerous attempts, and changing DIP switches,. USB headers etc, the ONLY way I can get the fan controller 1 to be identified is if I connect it to an external USB cable. If both are connected to the Y USB cable, the fan controller 1 is not identified.

Is there a controller box update / cable update that I am missing to handle a Ryzen motherboard - it would appear that only one side of the Y connector is functioning? Looking at various pictures online, my fan controller (or Floe controller) does not have the numbers embossed under the fan connector slots so you know which is which? I really don't want to have to run the USB cable from outside the case back into it.

System: Ryzen 3600, Asus Strix x470-f motherboard, WD NVME drive, Corsair Power, Nitro+ RX470  Graphics 

Thanks,

Matt