Fan controller can't be found error

yardglass

Howdy, i just bought a brand new set of the ThermalTake Riing 12 3 pack Radiator fan TT Premium edition and it seems i cannot get the software to register my control box, i';ve hooked up via usb via motherboard and to the back of the motherboard with a micro usb to no available it wont register anything.

I've reinstalled the program numerous of times.

Any help would be appreciated

Untitled.png

7 minutes ago, Tack said:

can you post pics of how you have it hooked up and what is your system specs?

i7-6700

GA-H170-D3H

Win10 64bit

16gb DDR4

GTX 980 EVGA

Connected via molex power connector from PSU into the control unit, then fans connected in, then USB connected to the motherboard at the bottom in the free USB 9 pin plug - still gets nothing from the 9pin USB, or off on the motherboard from the USBs on the rear IO shield

will get a photo soon and edit the post

1 hour ago, Funtybuns said:

My fan controller is never found on a cold boot but seems to work 90% of the time after a reboot.

Annoying!

I  bought mine brand new and the controller never even registered with the computer, so something is defiantly off about this!

Ahhhh gen 2. Mmmm I am not sure gen 2 is compatible with the gen 3 eco system. You might have to use the older software that was used with that controller http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/db/support/software/RiingRGBTTPremiumEdition_Setup.zip

I did not really deal with gen 2 so not sure if they made it compatible with the plus software. I will look more in to this.

7 minutes ago, Tack said:

Ahhhh gen 2. Mmmm I am not sure gen 2 is compatible with the gen 3 eco system. You might have to use the older software that was used with that controller http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/db/support/software/RiingRGBTTPremiumEdition_Setup.zip

I did not really deal with gen 2 so not sure if they made it compatible with the plus software. I will look more in to this.

Cheers, ill give that a go  now, ill let  you know how it goes :)

21 minutes ago, Tack said:

Sadly, it didn't work with that version of the software, ill try to reseat the  9pin connection into the motherboard

• 1 month later...