Riing QUAD 12 / sound output problem

Lordboosty

Hi everyone! 

I just finished my new Rig but i'm fairly disappointed by Thermaltake Riing Quad.. 
I'll copy you the message I have sent to support :

Hello,
I have recently bought 3of these fans, RIING QUAD 12 Radiator Fan. 
They are connected with the split USB to the motherboard (3 fans on one controller). 
The other usb end goes to a floe riing RGB 360 TT Premium (3 fans plus CPU pump RGB on the second controller). 
The motherboard is a AORUS X570 Master, with a Ryzen 9 3900x.
The initial set up was fine, however I started to encounter several problems.

First, whenever I connect some audio output/input to the computer, the 3 fans loose their colors and speeds and they go back to full speed, rainbow colors. The app TT RGB PLUS doesn't recognise them anymore.
I have to open neon maker to have them detected once more.
Then, When I change the Audio source, the TT RGB Plus app send me this message: 
"the audio source output could not be received, Please check the audio source output whether is occupied"
Ultimatly this audio detection on TT RGB Plus makes it all crash.

An other problem I Encountered is that The TT RGB Plus software copies the setting from the Floe Riing to the Riing Quad when the program isn't "open".

Finally, the software itself (TT RGB Plus) seems to crash every now and then. And at every start from windows it displays a message that the controllers aren't fully populated. 
But strangely I found out that the previous version of TT RGB Plus ( 1.3.3) seems more stable than the latest version (1.3.4).

These are a lots of problems for some high end fans. 
I'm looking forward to hearing from you with a solution on these problems.
Regards

This basically resumes the different problems I'm having. if any of you has solutions.. I already read a lot of threads about these. But it seems that thermaltake doesn't offer a lot of support..

My config is as followed:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16Gb DDR4 3600
Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti extreme
Seagate Barracuda 510 1Tb
Case: Lian Li PC-O 11 Air

for cooling: 
Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition ( unfortunately the length is too short, so I had to put the pump upside down, what a bummer.. ) 
Riing Quad 12 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition 3 Pack - White (the one with these issues)
Lian Li case fan (2)

I'm running all latest versions of drivers and windows 10 Pro 1909.
(Except for TT RGB Plus version 1.3.3, because 1.3.4 seems even worse)

IMG_20200504_035903.jpg

IMG_20200504_215915.jpg

Edited by Lordboosty

I dont have such problem. Try ro use only TT RGB to check working status of RGB fans. I have 4 dofferent controllers: 1 Thermaltake for Quad fans. 2. Corsair COammander Pro. 3 Corsaor Lighning node pro. 4. Aquasuite farbwerk nano. All of them have software and launching everytime with windows. Thermaltake soft can show audio effects aswell as corsair software and aquasuite software. Try to disable everything and start to check conrollers. From the begining. So i think problem not in fans or controllers itself. Because with so much software in my PC everything working.

Hey,

Thanks for the answer.
The controller and fan don´t have any particular problems, they work fine.
I believe the problems only come from the software.
Now that I don´t add any sound output device, anymore, they seem to work ok.
But for exemple I cannot set the RIng plus and the Quad at different settings, anytime I leave the software and come back to it, they just duplicated they settings (Speeds, and colors)...

Anyhow I´ll let it be this way for now and I´ll wait for a updated version of TT RGB to come out. 
But so far I´m fairly disapointed by Thermaltake. Considering their high price..

Same problems here...my tt rgb plus software doesnt always recognize the quad riing fans. I have 3 quads on controller 1 daisy chained to 3 trios on controller 2 and daisy chained on floe riing 360 on controller 3. The first controller isnt always recognized causing sync problems.

Why are there no thermaltake replies especially on a new product with so many bugs?

Well Good luck.. 
The only answer I got from them was to reset the controller dip switches, then to uninstall TT RGB PLUS and to install the outdated version of it.

But still many problems.. and no more answers. 
They need to update their software quickly and CORRECTLY this time.. 

anyway, feel free to share if you find anything interesting! 
Cheers