Fan controller help please

Tylerogers97

Yo. So I recently bought the View 71 TG case on amazon for my new rig and I got everything set up in it. The only problem was the case did not come with a controller for the front fans so I wasn't able to set them up. I emailed customer support and eventually they sent me a controller for the fans. The issue I'm having now is setting them up. I've plugged the three front fans into the controller and then the controller came with chord for the motherboard. There is also a slot for a five pin plugin but I wasn't given a chord for that plugin so I dont know if I need a chord for that as well. I found the instructions for the controller online but they just say to plug the controller into the motherboard. I've tried plugging the controller into the motherboard in multiple different spots but nothing seems to work. The controller light turns on but the fans dont spin or light up at all. So I'm wondering if there was another chord I need or something. If I could get some help I would greatly appreciate it. I'll put pictures of the controller, chords, and motherboard down below. 

20200509_193812.jpg

20200509_193832.jpg

20200509_193927.jpg

20200509_193936.jpg

20200509_194029.jpg

8 hours ago, Zagdima said:

So that manual is for a different case. My case doesn't have the RGB button at the top left. Instead mine has a reset button. Also the chord does not match up to the one I have coming out of my controller. The chord I have is the four holed one in the first picture above which I believe is a fan chord. I also could only find an add header spot on my motherboard and after plugging it in it did nothing. I messed around with it a little more and I found when I plugged it into the second RGB header spot on my motherboard it cause the fans to light up and little and then fade away, and then light up again and fade away. However it did not light up the controller or cause the fans to spin. Looking in the manual for the case I have doesn't help either because it shows a different controller and chords the case I have are for that one. I'm guessing at this point I might just have to contact customer service again since the chords I have do not match up with the controller they sent me. If there is still a fix though I would greatly appreciate it. 

5 minutes ago, Zagdima said:

Can you upload a pictures of the controller. And i think you controller is for fans and not can be controlled from software.

So here's the controller they sent me. It came with just the box and the one chord connected on the left side. On the right side are the three chords from the front fans. On the left is the chord it came connected with which I've been trying to plug into my motherboard in multiple spots to no avail. There is also another slot on the left next to where the chord is plugged in with five pins. I was not given nor do I have a chord that fits in there. 

20200510_140817.jpg

20200510_140827.jpg

20200510_140910.jpg

20200510_141151.jpg

The last photo is for fan to motherboard for sure. 

But i think i know the problem. If you case was with 1 cooler at the back so you just need to connect it to the mainboard. If with 3 you need to connect to mainboard again each of them. At that time we need to understand which coolers you have single color/multicolour or even with addresable rgb color. Cause i find info that this case can come with single white-bluish color light 12v. which connected directlry to motherboard.

Sorry to step in here but that looks to be the wrong controller. The pic you posted here

95f9c8849bd0d11d41406d3ddd2e8210.jpg

Shows 10 pin(8 used) dupont that are for the plus connectors connected to a controller that if I remember correctly only has a 5 pin connection. I am 90% sure that is a riing gen 1 controller. You need a gen 3 controller. Can you unplug one of those and take a pic of the controller.

Alright sorry for getting back to you guys late. Here's a pic of the controller. There are three five-pin slots on the controller I had the three front fans plugged into. The three front fan chords have nine slots total. Five on top and four on the bottom. I thought it was strange when I plugged them in since they didnt match up exactly but I just ignored it. Yeah I was thinking they must have sent me the wrong controller because from all the videos I've watched with either this case or other ones they use a different fan controller. Also Zag you were talking about all the different coolers I've got. I dont know if this is what you were asking for but I've got a back cooler and three coolers on the top of my case. My case came with a back cooler but I took it off since my gpu came with a cooler so I put it on the back since there wasn't anywhere else to put it. Then the cooler I got for my cpu is a hybrid I believe that has three vent fans i have hooked up on the top of my case. If you guys need pics for all of these and where I have them plugged into just let me know. All of these I have working fine it's just the front three fans the case came with I cant get to work. It seems like it's just coming down to they sent me the wrong controller? So I'll just have to contact them and send back this one and get the right one hopefully. Also here is a link to the case I bought if that helps too. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGFS9NW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pBZUEbT7554M1

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it. 

20200512_165623.jpg

20200512_165115.jpg

14 hours ago, Tylerogers97 said:

Alright sorry for getting back to you guys late. Here's a pic of the controller. There are three five-pin slots on the controller I had the three front fans plugged into. The three front fan chords have nine slots total. Five on top and four on the bottom. I thought it was strange when I plugged them in since they didnt match up exactly but I just ignored it. Yeah I was thinking they must have sent me the wrong controller because from all the videos I've watched with either this case or other ones they use a different fan controller. Also Zag you were talking about all the different coolers I've got. I dont know if this is what you were asking for but I've got a back cooler and three coolers on the top of my case. My case came with a back cooler but I took it off since my gpu came with a cooler so I put it on the back since there wasn't anywhere else to put it. Then the cooler I got for my cpu is a hybrid I believe that has three vent fans i have hooked up on the top of my case. If you guys need pics for all of these and where I have them plugged into just let me know. All of these I have working fine it's just the front three fans the case came with I cant get to work. It seems like it's just coming down to they sent me the wrong controller? So I'll just have to contact them and send back this one and get the right one hopefully. Also here is a link to the case I bought if that helps too. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGFS9NW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pBZUEbT7554M1

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it. 

20200512_165623.jpg

20200512_165115.jpg

yes that is the wrong controller for those fans. The one you need is for the Riing plus fans it looks like this. 

ef48db719c176c07d0b959130932c27d.png