Thermaltake Toughpower 775W Booting Problem

Baris

Good afternoon,

In my absence, my dear 1 year old son has poured in a moderate amount of water from the top of my Toughpower case and in her panic, my wife has turned on the case which -naturally- did not end well.

According to my wife’s statement, my son poured the water toward the front area of the case which houses the DVD ROM, the hard disk and the top panel with the USB, power and reset switches. The graphics card, the power supply and the RAM are all toward the rear and there is a good chance that they didn’t get wet.

However, when I turn on the computer, there is a very brief sad whine, the front fan and the fans of my graphics card spin for half a second and then stop. The computer doesn’t boot.

I tried disconnecting everything one by one, including the DVD ROM, the top panel, the HDD, the USB cables, the SATA cable, the graphics card and the RAMs to no avail.

The power supply and the motherboard light switches on when there is power but the computer just doesn’t want to start.

Any advice will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, Tack said:

what motherboard and case do you have?

Thanks for your reply... :)

My motherboard is Asus M5 A97 and my case is Toughpower XT 775W.

I’ve removed and reconnected all components once again (except the processor) to no avail...