water 3 extreme

prescient

helo 

i am ocing  with  realbench   to 4.5   i put  water 3  extreme  to extreme  mode  it works  normally  but at  a times  it gose up to  2000  rpm

then gose down to  1000  and so on .  untill i  change  the  pointer   down to  costum  and up again then its fixed .

it happens rarley  so i dunno  should i keep it on costum or update s/w  ?   the hardware looks to be warking   good tho . thanks

helo 

i am ocing  with  realbench   to 4.5   i put  water 3  extreme  to extreme  mode  it works  normally  but at  a times  it gose up to  2000  rpm

then gose down to  1000  and so on .  untill i  change  the  pointer   down to  costum  and up again then its fixed .

it happens rarley  so i dunno  should i keep it on costum or update s/w  ?   the hardware looks to be warking   good tho . thanks

Hi Prescient,

I have seen some strange activity as a system borderlines on stability the USB signal can be an issue causing it to ramp strangely.

Especially when pushing BCLK on newer boards as the BCLK is directly tied to the system bus including PCIE and chipset clocks.

all it takes is some timing to be off which can cause this issue.

Once you reset the setting in the software causes it to sync again to the proper setting.

as you see in the previous  screen  with the  dvd  driver  it dose not monitor  cpu temp  indicating there might be something wrong

with the installation  .  maybe at that time i didnt install intell management engine  components  .

then the new driver 1.6  installed asteck  universal serial bus   or something like that  .

Capture.png

maybe its fixed

Hi Prescient,

I have seen some strange activity as a system borderlines on stability the USB signal can be an issue causing it to ramp strangely.

Especially when pushing BCLK on newer boards as the BCLK is directly tied to the system bus including PCIE and chipset clocks.

Once you reset the setting in the software causes it to sync again to the proper setting.

Capture.png

you mean this ?  it  did not install  before i updated  it  was installed  with driver 1.6  so maybe  the bug is fixed?

ill  keep u updated  if its gone or  happened again so we can fix it

clarification  :

this is a copy  of   my pm  with   TT andy   ...

yes i will edit  the post lol .  i didnt mean it as it sounded . we are gamers and  we sometime  smack  talk  lol

you are very nice  .  i was like ####  everyone  look  at this cooler its a  stat of the art .  it owns  kraken
and corsair  even  nepton  280L   .  i saw the benchmarks  and prices  and noise levels .  water 3 ex  owned them all .

i was  like showing everyone  how good it is and the  exiting   fan control  panel  when suddenly the dream  stopped .

the  unit  is not defected  they said its the control  usb  driver  .  i mean if i have  a defected  unit i can replace it

i have 1 year  warranty  from the reseller  .

but what the team said  is what you read in the thread .  that drove me angry  because i was defending  thermal take like

if i was one of you .   i mean  we cant  go selling  those coolers like this right ?  with such drivers ?

competing  with  the other  powerful companies?

i drove my cpu  to 90c    to show you  the risks  of that fan  failing on  extreme  if the user  was not looking  during oc .

we sell   water 3  extreme  but we cant  run it on extreme ?

we are human if we dont make errors  then we are angels right ? but we are not .

what  you did with me is not  enough .  if it was my unit  only then its enough . tell me and i go replace it .

or work  it as it is .  i would  check  it  from  time to time .  or set it on custom  and get it on with it .

if   TT  water 3 extreme  software   production  line  is going to  work like this  then miss Shanon  reply is not enough .

if the hardware  is  good then its a driver issue right ?  i mean that usb ?  everyone has the z87   boards not just me

if its just me i would  just shot up  and leave , if not  we would like to know if there a driver fix ?  a patch ?

you will take that fan control  software to the lab ?  from this no one replied me . they just ignored .

i got angry  and am ill  those days  with a strong   neurology  disease .  i cant control  the  downs  sometimes .

please shade some light and tell me how to go from here .   they i wont cry out load .

going to clean my thread .

am sorry again  for what i said . am really ill .  BUT i have this  error  here .

Real_Bench_20140804204750.png

that is the  results 

Real_Bench_20140806185428.png

those  haswell   cpus hates to reach  90c   .  also  the vram  around the   hero  board .

if it was my case  only  .  my unit  then its  ok  .  ill work  around  the bug  and get on with it .

if  it was the case  miss  shannon    presented  then  i am now  talking  in the name of  all water 3 extreme users 

and  the  TT   engineer   teams also .  we cant let  this  driver  ruin  10000s of dollars worth hardware right ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487049&cm_re=GeForce_GTX_TITAN_Z-_-14-487-049-_-Product

you know what i am talking about ?   you put  a fan like this  in a system  like that , it starts  hovering up and down  like  my half  paralyzed

hands  and  you get  into  troubles  thermal take .

you guide us from here  or  ignore  . i wont pass my lines  again but  we are posting at  guru  3d  /  TPU/ and ROG 

and people  are asking ..

http://forum.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4888372&postcount=2

again  if it was my case  then  we are done  with it , if  its  water extreme 3   then  we the  users  and the makers   will not accept to lose .

Hi Prescient

according to the screenshot you provided, our SW shows the same cpu temp as Realtemp,

so it probably is the pump or fan sensor ic issue, your water 3.0 extreme is still under warranty,

our customer service center will contact you soon, either customer service or our local reseller will send you a new one.

please provide your contact info, like your email, where you live...etc 

Before you receive a new one, you may directly connect the fans to mb.

no  when   it was 90c  the s/w   was going up and down from  1000 rpm   to 2000 rpm on extreme mode  so maybe it was not the sensors cause if it was the sensors  it would have  stood on a  certain speed   .  another time it was stuck  at extreme  as i turned it to  custom  . if it was the sensors

resetting   the s/w may not fix them . the software  is causing it to do so . the device  is working fine .   another new one may act the same according to the s/w  you may test and try  to fix the s/w    . as you will see 

Real_Bench_20140807131839.png

i use it on custom all day and at that stage it  goes well . no errors  .   good  temp  no   thermostat   errors .

i could  set it from bios  but i see  this device  acts  on fluid   temp  not  cpu  temp  .  if i wanted to set  bios speeds  i need to set them according

to the ocied  cpu temp  i can but its a waste  to the  abilities  of the device .

. it was all stress testing .  i ran   3d mark  11 twice  and played 30 min of star  citizen   on custom level and without the s/w  installed   the temp  was  under   60c  so at this level  the difference  is only 4c  comparing to under 64c on extreme

there is no errors .  its either  the  fan sensor on the software it self ,  not the device    or  my os/usb  settings  bug  .    

i dont want to throw away a good hardware . 

Hi Prescient,

she is right

you guys     agree   with me or  you insist the unit is defected ?  i really hate to through it away . its doing great on custom i dont feel its gonna  drop

the pump  is going strong and the fans  are spinning .  the cpu is ice cold  at  4.5 ghz   1.27 cpuv

i think  the  defect  is  from  the tab/ the controller   handle   if the s/w    when i move it up and down  it   stimulate  the bug  .

i have it on custom  for days now   my cpu temp  is  under 65c   in  all applications  , games  , 3d mark 11 . ex 

and below  80c  on real bench 2   stress test .  no errors  found .  pump  going strong  fans  spinning  well . 

the pc  shop is too far away and we have to dismantle  the computer .  and   i dont see a good reason  to throw it away .

another  one may  act the same with the fan software  .   i liked at it  this morning  (the device )  it looked just  fine .

am i thinking  clear ?   i would like  an advise  at this point  to go on   .  thanks

Capture.png

Capture1.png

i cant see how its a hardware  issue .  the unit is working mechanically  once adjusted  . its a waste  to throw it  away .

for few days now  i have it on custom stable  cpu  temp  under 60c  under load (not  stress test ) .

if i want it on  extreme  i can  but i need  to make sure  the  shifter  got it right  and not hanged  .  if the units was damaged

something would have stopped working .   i dont know but seems to me the  thing that is ordering it  is causing the unit to mess up .

other wise  its  well  integrated .

if you advise an  RMA   i  can call the computer  shop  and ask them  .

http://www.egprices.com/en/product/thermaltake-water-3-0-extreme-water-cooler-compu-art

i dont think you guys  have a branch  in cairo  but i  have  a one year warranty  they still have few in stock .

i need to be advised on what to do now . thanks you .

1_ keep it   as it is ?   in  this case we recognize  that the error  is not from it . or not serious

2_ replace it ?  then i would call  the shop  and you can e mail  them  i think ?

3_  some other  solution ? maybe  the s/w  is ok but not all unites  respond  with same usb  sensitivity ?  there is no need

to   turn the table on it . the cpu  is ok , the cooler is   doing its job

Hi Prescient,

good idea  .

Can you post a screenshot of the temp/speed screen in extreme and custom mode, just like the picture below.

we have not seen the similar issue before

thanks

attachicon.gifæ“·å–.PNG

there  is opposition  here ?  i would like to take shannon  side ,  my guessing  is that the unit  is   working  properly   but not all units have the same reaction 

to the controller  software and operating systems this technology  is new and it may needs time  until you can make stronger controls and signals with it .

Hi Prescient

Before you receive a new one, you may directly connect the fans to mb.

i dont even need that , i just set it on custom  for a week now , havent had any issues . after 15 years of using these machines i can tell you

i can feel it  somehow . the device is up and running . pumps , fans , sensors .

i was just angry  it wasnt perfect .  i guess i was wrong .  am sorry  as i told  you the disease  is not leaving me alone .

i will really need to carry my 30kilos spirit crusher rig  and  go 150 kilometers  all the way to the shop . we could not install it without

removing the mb  it  took us 2 hours to do that  the  taxi  will charge me for half its price  and i wont be home before midnight .

i would do it , to rule out the  bug .  i mean no one knows what is going on , but am telling you . we are sending a good hardware to a waste .

this units is   good . not perfect  for some reason .  but not less than the one i will replace .

still i leave it to you . it wont blow in the case .  the cpu  knows how to protect it self .  and any cooler i will buy can die out suddenly

am willing  to  support  this unit  and if  it needed to be replaced then i will make another study .    

the fan  software   disabled  v core monitoring   voltage   in both cpuz  and hardware monitor 

Capture1.png

you guys  really need to take this s/w  back to the lab  and re do it . i know its causing the device to mess up .

that is why  am keeping it .

we await  fan controller   v   1.7    thanks 

Capture4.png

the fan controller is blocking  the mb  sensors

well  there may  be  a relation   between  the controller  hiding  the  cpu  core voltage  from   cpuz  and  cpuid and this issue its having.   only  with  HWinfo   i manged to  read  the  core  voltage  on idle  .

Real_Bench_20140812153321.png

i didnt know before  we can set  the controller  speed manually   like afterburner  i made a plan  on custom  .

Capture3.png

i  made  few  stress it  and it was ok  ,  

i can  remove  the overclocking   and test the cooler on  bios  default  stock  speeds  .  but the problem  is  the   issue  dose not accrue  in a regular way .

like i can  reset  the ocing   and go  benching  all day long  pushing the speed  control  tab  up and down and nothing would happen .

then it would happen when  it chooses to .  i was lucky to capture  the previous  screen  at  the time it happens .

it would  be  a good  piece  of  information  .  but  i have  been setting this os  for  quite too long  . i kinda  dont want to start over . as its all  stable at this point .

i made you a study .  yes overclocking  do  have effect   but not  necessary    on the fan  issue  . 

i  removed the  cpu  /  cpu voltage  ocing  and took  a screen  on cpuz   its still showing  cpu vid  but this time is in idle mode

Capture2.png

the previous  version  that was  on the dvd   1.6  i think  (i lost the dvd )   did not cause this issue. as in  post  #3 screens,  but it  had the fan bug issue as well .

it was  when 1.7  s/w  installed  the  Asetek   usb  driver . 

i dont know  if these information's are  any good for you . different  unites  responds in different ways to  programs/os/other  hardware settings .

this issue am having  is not necessary  a general bug  ok?   but  that dose not mean my unit id DOA  or defected . its just he way it works

and  you need to tweak around the bug .  this technology  is very  new .  this year perhaps ?  and needs to  discover  its way through  the rest of this

complicated  machine .  no need for the hype  . am sorry i  exploded  before .  am not normal  at some times  these days , am ill , living in the middle of 6 wars

i wanted  just  to plug  the rig  and forget about  everything else

Gladstone_gander.jpg

for  some reason my mind rejected  the other  possibilities  like going all the way back  and dismantle  the  computer again  ,  specially that  i was finished with

ocing  .  setting the os  when i noticed it . it was like  . hey prescient where are you going ? come back and start over again .

well it was  fun i like doing it but this machine was  hard to set and expensive . i apologies  once again thermaltake is amazing

i  made a study  and  water 3 extreme   was  doing better  than the others .  price/sound/performance   it was in front  in all benchmarks .

you are doing  good  job  .  i apologies  again.  and wish you the best .

i applied  my custom   fan  profile(i think it likes it )  and checking on  the unit  from time to time  its ok .  even if it hangs  it would still work on stock speeds 

i would have  enough time to reset it  . 

i made you a study .  yes overclocking  do  have effect   but not  necessary    on the fan  issue  . 

i  removed the  cpu  /  cpu voltage  ocing  and took  a screen  on cpuz   its still showing  cpu vid  but this time is in idle mode

Capture2.png

the previous  version  that was  on the dvd   1.6  i think  (i lost the dvd )   did not cause this issue. as in  post  #3 screens,  but it  had the fan bug issue as well .

it was  when 1.7  s/w  installed  the  Asetek   usb  driver . 

i dont know  if these information's are  any good for you . different  unites  responds in different ways to  programs/os/other  hardware settings .

this issue am having  is not necessary  a general bug  ok?   but  that dose not mean my unit id DOA  or defected . its just he way it works

and  you need to tweak around the bug .  this technology  is very  new .  this year perhaps ?  and needs to  discover  its way through  the rest of this

complicated  machine .  no need for the hype  . am sorry i  exploded  before .  am not normal  at some times  these days , am ill , living in the middle of 6 wars

i wanted  just  to plug  the rig  and forget about  everything else

Gladstone_gander.jpg

for  some reason my mind rejected  the other  possibilities  like going all the way back  and dismantle  the  computer again  ,  specially that  i was finished with

ocing  .  setting the os  when i noticed it . it was like  . hey prescient where are you going ? come back and start over again .

well it was  fun i like doing it but this machine was  hard to set and expensive . i apologies  once again thermaltake is amazing

i  made a study  and  water 3 extreme   was  doing better  than the others .  price/sound/performance   it was in front  in all benchmarks .

you are doing  good  job  .  i apologies  again.  and wish you the best .

i applied  my custom   fan  profile(i think it likes it )  and checking on  the unit  from time to time  its ok .  even if it hangs  it would still work on stock speeds 

i would have  enough time to reset it  . 

Hi Prescient,

I see what your saying and I would be more interested to see how the system replied to the stock configuration which is very easy to set by just entering the BIOS and setting standard default settings. It should not affect your OS at all and it helps to test if your USB connection has a concern which is causing the setting to be lost.

as for the monitoring and software we have offered it for a few years now and I have not really seen this kind of issue without USB stability problems.

This is why I try to help you to find what causes it.

its ok   i know  what you are talking about  .  and in anyway  cpu z  is not  working well this time  , 

http://forum.canardpc.com/archive/index.php/t-78896.html?s=2759fd3bc1a1a18a55699263e0f0fe04

i tested  the system  on stock   like you asked  

the fan  software   disabled  v core monitoring   voltage   in both cpuz  and hardware monitor 

Capture1.png

in this post  the  system is  on stock  config  the cooler was uninstalled  ,  then installed .

what you need  is to  know if the fan  issue  accrue   without  the oc settings  or not . that i got the first time you

said it .

and i  did  the   instructions   but   what  i am trying to say  the cooler will act normally  both ways . i cant

know  if  will happen  on stock settings or not  .  i was bench marking  for days  to get the correct  values

for my cpu  and it only happened  once  .  when i was  nearly  done with the cpu  it was then when i took

the screen shot .

but  to test it on stock and induce the incident  is  not  something i can control .  i can  make those settings

and test the cooler  on and off  all day  and it wont  happen !   i dont want to go throw  such  tests .

there  is something  around there not  perfect  but let me tell you ,  the cooler is strong and stable  when i am not

changing  the  speeds  profiles  .  like now   it has been days  since i am posting  i applied  a custom  speed

profile  since  then and its on day and night  :angry:    the software  should be  ok  as  long as its not  making the same effect

with all the other coolers .   my  mb  is doing really great i ocied  to 4.5 ghz   on 1.280  v core .  stable  16 gb 2400  ram 

on dual .  nothing to be  re checked these .  device manger  has no usb  conflicts  at all .

lets just say  i dont need to  get the spirit-crusher  into   the space station  laboratories . 

i just need  to role  around  that minor issue like you advised  at  start .  instead of looking for it in a haystack .

we looked  closely  at this  thread   as not many users are qualified to report matters  like that  .  as you see  this industry

shifts  very  fast from day to day  and  things happens  look at cpu-z   in the link  above .  its  a total  Z  mess .

Hi Prescient,

t if your USB connection has a concern which is causing the setting to be lost.

this made me think  ,  why not take a look  at the cables ?  i  found  the fan  pin  connector  has 4  pins and the  cooler  plug has only 3

the  shop  guy  connected  it correctly but  i guess while he was  settling  the wire  on its place  the plug got  partially pulled to one side .

i  saw it first time  i looked  .  i pushed it in  there was a space  to the end of the connector  .

this  might  be a good  reason