Core V21 front USB 3 not working

NikTheGeek

Just got a Core V21 earlier this week and noticed this weeked that the front USB 3 sockets aren't working. It's only a plug socket to the mboard and then 2 usb sockets in a holder, so no idea how it can have been manufactured badly, but it doesn't work. Obviously the mboard is fine. The front usb from the old case worked and in fact, if I remove the front usb from the old case and plug that back in to the mboard (inside the V21), they work, but not the supplied one with the V21.

Unfortunately, I've already built the case now and it would be a real pain to have to return it to Scan. Any chance someone from Thermaltake can post me one out?

I knew I should have spent more and gone for the Level 20 VT, but not to worry. I still like the V21 - if it worked properly!

thanks in advance

Nik

4 hours ago, NikTheGeek said:

Just got a Core V21 earlier this week and noticed this weeked that the front USB 3 sockets aren't working. It's only a plug socket to the mboard and then 2 usb sockets in a holder, so no idea how it can have been manufactured badly, but it doesn't work. Obviously the mboard is fine. The front usb from the old case worked and in fact, if I remove the front usb from the old case and plug that back in to the mboard (inside the V21), they work, but not the supplied one with the V21.

Unfortunately, I've already built the case now and it would be a real pain to have to return it to Scan. Any chance someone from Thermaltake can post me one out?

I knew I should have spent more and gone for the Level 20 VT, but not to worry. I still like the V21 - if it worked properly!

thanks in advance

Nik

PM you

• 5 months later...

hey Nik, I've had the same issue with my View 31 I built a couple of years ago, just never got around to addressing it. I am also having an issue where my Corair USB headphones are not recognized on boot in the USB 2 ports on the case. Did you get a solution from TT on this issue?

• 10 months later...