Purchase separately - sTRX4 copper plate for TT Floe Ring 360?

barbalargas

Hello,

I purchased a Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition thinking that it would fit an AMD Threadripper CPU.  It does cover most of the CPU, but... there is a version of this cooler that comes with a separate copper plate to maximize the contact with the surface of the processor, the Floe Riing RGB 360 TR4 Edition.

Is it possible to purchase this copper plate separately?

Thank you for reading!

Hello, 

Thank you for supporting Thermaltake.

Normally, there is a TR4 AIO bracket comes with the AMD Threadripper CPU, could you check the CPU color box, see if you can find the AIO bracket? 

For the Floe Ring TR4 version, the TR4 bracket is fixed on the water block, it cant be removed, so we cant sell it separately.

Hello Alvin,

Thank you for the reply.

I found the mounting bracket and the cooler is functioning correctly.  The issue is that the contact plate does not fully cover the CPU.

It looks like I simply made the wrong purchase and chose the incorrect model. 

Luckily I am not experiencing high temps and not currently running the CPU to its limits.  It looks like I will need to purchase the TR4 version if I indeed want the entire CPU surface to be covered by the cooler's contact plate to ensure proper cooling at higher loads.

Hello,

Right, the water block of FLOE TR4 version is a special design to meet threadripper CPU, though the standard FLOE AIO can fit as well,  but just like you said, it cant cover all CPU, but there is no problem with the cooling performance, we have sent our AIO to AMD to test and got approval.