[Australia] Alex Ciobanu

aqnLash.png

Got another update for you guys!

Some vinyl work for the rads and fans as well as finished some of the acrylic panels.

The vinyl work is based on the Elite Dangerous game, that's actually the emblem from the game. Think it looks really cool on the fans and rads.

AXjWOYo.jpg

paw5k5H.jpg

Had to do a lot of fans!

guX545W.jpg

otMTejc.jpg

I would stick the whole thing and then peel out the bits not needed. Pretty easy but time consuming.

aMytWxZ.jpg

4k9ZMZZ.jpg

tfJla8m.jpg

w6O0wMe.jpg

qLZJD8H.jpg

HYif1nr.jpg

This panel is the bottom front panel.

OEHfbfC.jpg

brEIKtR.jpg

qN0CtpV.jpg

okXQ6QW.jpg

Some MNPCTECH mesh, will look awesome behind the panel once painted.

vDGfXRK.jpg

Front bottom and top as well as back bottom acrylic panels mostly done!

2VIFKgl.jpg

MNPCTECH mesh and grills painted black.

c4jKd2o.jpg

And the case frame is back from powder-coating. Also bottom rads are in!

JZ8CK7H.jpg

Pump/res combos as well as the PSU are mounted.

PjjhKs9.jpg

And did some cable management for all the 16 fan cables coming from the bottom up into the top section of the case! I used four 1 x 4pin extension cables to turn the 16 fan cables into just 4 and these will connect straight to the Thermaltake fan controller at the front of the case. Thanks a lot to Performance PCs for helping out with these fan extension cables.

QAHaXSC.jpg

29PT4eD.jpg

That's it for now!

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

I have probably one of the most exciting things to share, at least I think it is :P

I have been waiting weeks to show these! :D

Custom reservoirs Canis Majoris style! 

I really wanted the reservoirs to be unique in this build and I had an idea of these round spherical reservoirs with Mayhems Aurora fluid in them and making them look like a red giant star and a white dwarf star. So those are the two colours I'm going for in the two loops in this build. One will be orange looking and the other one a white with a little bit of blue in it. The reservoirs have two 5mm LED holes as well in order to try and light them up nicely and with the Aurora fluid they should resemble the two stars pretty good.

This idea came to me from the Elite Dangerous game as every time you exit a jump next to a star it's just an awesome experience!

These are about 150mm diameter and they are made up of two domes put together. I had a long chat with an acrylic manufacturer in my area for making these and at first they weren't really sure what I wanted but we managed to sort it out in the end. This design was sorta the only way to make a spherical reservoir thick and strong enough to drill the G1/4 thread and be all sealed and water tight.

At first I wasn't too happy with the way the gluing looked on them however after some Rustoleum frosted glass spray paint they came out really good. With coloured fluid in them they should look even better!

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this before.

u5ngRx8.jpg

pGFtHWF.jpg

yvTg9Zh.jpg

HgR6jAu.jpg

PdSU7TT.jpg

r5zjooo.jpg

QUfuYWb.jpg

tUAESdM.jpg

They took about 1.1L of water to fill each so there will be quite a lot of fluid going in this build! :D

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of tubing up the bottom section with the rads and reservoirs mounted.

ziEOIvg.jpg

uXHUvQz.jpg

P4bO4HZ.jpg

zRvVfEN.jpg

vSFMbil.jpg

CqFBu3j.jpg

kTmFKLc.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting in some of those shots :(

Here is the side panel, one full clear piece of acrylic to cover the entire case!

rT1Jzth.jpg

And some work on the front panel windows or a stealth window as I like to call it.

7MT7Z7X.jpg

F2PimYH.jpg

2i32Pa5.jpg

dVTZ5ty.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Testing out the bottom fans before building on top of them and I can't access the cables!

MQCFAt1.jpg

Custom reservoirs are in and I started taking off the protective backing on the acrylic sheets. The nice reflections are just what I was hoping for!

ecVW8N1.jpg

frwl1CT.jpg

Also hardware update!

Thanks a lot to RamCity.com.au for sending out these two Crucial MX200 500GB SSDs and also an awesome 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-E SSD!

L4fzmiT.jpg

The two Crucial SSDs are in!

zY93oXc.jpg

Just having a laugh as I can't believe how many Strix 970s I have acquired! Two are going in the Parvum build I've been working on for a mate for ages now, some of you may have seen it! And the other either 2 or 3 are going in this build!

v3jVH53.jpg

Time to install the MB, CPU, GPUs, RAM and all the awesome Tt water blocks!

7KrnK2F.jpg

QBydRli.jpg

RZFIWWO.jpg

uHw6PVO.jpg

GYFfaOd.jpg

4bUXqlX.jpg

hEv10Q4.jpg

jL243ol.jpg

wJZnN6p.jpg

Ka5BXR3.jpg

2YdwkvG.jpg

GJfa2aZ.jpg

O34amOY.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Okay guys, here it is all tubed up! This is how I had it set up for the EB Games Expo and only used two cards. Not sure if I will change things around with the loop before final completion.

I'm waiting to receive high res pics from EB Games but I can post some I took with my phone later on.

Let me know what you guys think of the tubing, I really like it going around the outside like that!

bSwv8pS.jpg

DUy1XYz.jpg

3uMK1gu.jpg

qas9WTf.jpg

HhbBj8p.jpg

EgGt6h6.jpg

e0JbJaF.jpg

yOLis4O.jpg

1n6hOm4.jpg

z2IHvGT.jpg

zeXdcnK.jpg

3q2o6Bv.jpg

Yt0W2Uf.jpg

These shots were taken around 5am when I was rushing to get it finished in time to get picked up for the EB Games expo in Sydney last weekend.

I'm currently waiting for the build to arrive back sometime this week, then more work will continue!

I'll post those EB Games pics in the next update :)

Cheers,

Alex

aqnLash.png

Hey guys!

Here are the pics from the EB Games Expo! The build is about 90% finished here.

Just some minor things still need to be done and I will be changing some thing with the loop.

The build should arrive back on Monday! I'll also have some better pics up shortly from the EB Games Expo!

yDGDJYi.jpg

qr1lRvG.jpg

aR2ecLc.jpg

e8g8bWC.jpg

vVuDtBh.jpg

exfHzYn.jpg

jbKJvEn.jpg

pdw2e0l.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Hope you guys like how the build looks at this point :D

Cheers,

Alex

I think you definitely deserve to win, I got to see this beast at EB Expo and I have to say it is phenomenal, the case layout, attention to detail not to mention the sheer scale of it was just brilliant.

You can see that there was a lot of thought put into its design and execution (not just for the case but also all of its components), it was simply extraordinary.  

spherical water tank are amazing, compliments!

I think you definitely deserve to win, I got to see this beast at EB Expo and I have to say it is phenomenal, the case layout, attention to detail not to mention the sheer scale of it was just brilliant.

You can see that there was a lot of thought put into its design and execution (not just for the case but also all of its components), it was simply extraordinary.  

The astrological concept of Alex's build is ingenious. Those reservoirs are unique and fit the build well. He definitely gets my vote for this event.

Alex, the build is looking great. I love the spherical tanks. The concept alone and technical skill in teh mod should get you the win.

You really should win Alex, absolutely love your build, really reminds me something from a crazy mad scientist's lab, the choice of colors is just perfect, how I wish that my build was something like that, would be so happy :D

Ive been saying it for weeks lol, you def deserve the win on this dude. Amazing build

Wow thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it :D

Glad you guys like the build :D