Thermaltake Customer Service

dclark369

I thought I should share my experiences with Thermaltake customer service. I hope that people can learn from this story. I recently purchased a Core P5 case from Amazon. When it arrived I unboxed it only to find that one of the PSU brackets was missing. At this point I'm not mad just a little annoyed, these things do happen after all. So I called their customer service number. Something I had to do over and over because for some unknown reason they won't simply put you on hold or offer call back services. I managed to get someone on the phone and explained my situation and they said they would ship out a replacement. The next day I got a tracking number emailed to me with a link that didn't work so that worried me a little. I decided I would wait a week to see if anything showed up. They did send me an email saying they shipped it after all.

Well it did arrive after a week and I opened it up to discover that they had shipped me the wrong part. It was the PSU bracket for the Core P3 case not the P5. At this point I am angry now. Not only did Thermaltake fail to properly package the item in the first place, they failed to correct their mistake and instead compounded it. I don't know about you, but at every job I've ever had this would be described as incompetence. I was upset with this and I didn't want to do anything stupid so I waited a few days and decided on a course of action. I felt I was rightfully upset about the situation and they had made one too many mistakes. So I didn't think it unreasonable to ask for a manager to handle it. 

So I tried calling again, while at the same time I emailed them everything I just told you. They emailed back that they would need a picturte of the part I didn't receive. I had to ask how one would take a picture of a part that they didn't receive, because the concept intrigued me. Then I asked if it were possible to explain it over the phone because it is so much easier. He explained that the phones were down due to covid. I said whatever and explained that I would like to speak to the manager if possible. He kept going on about pictures. I asked again to speak to a supervisor. That's when he started arguing with me.

During this whole encounter I was brutally honest about my disappoint with how this situation has been handled. But I did not use any aggressive or threatening words and they certainly weren't pointed toward the employee just doing his job. Unfortunately, he seemed to take it that way. But he still shouldn't have started arguing with me. At that point I started writing something back when I stopped and I took a deep breath. I was not going to stoop to this fools level. And it didn't take long until I knew exactly what I had to do.

He had brought it upon himself really, if only he had been reasonable from the beginning. This whole time we were talking on a ticket through email. So I began spamming his email with "I need to talk to your supervisor". I did this about 10 or 15 times. Then I went and opened three new tickets with the subject line "I need to talk to your supervisor" along with a description of how a customer service agent was just arguing with me. Then I went and sent about 10 more spam emails. This was the warning shot. I can do this all day, thanks to covid. And I was hoping he knew that. 

Well, a little while later I got an email from him. He had talked to his supervisor and they were sending me a new part. So, to all the people who read this entire post, this appears to be what it takes to get them to follow through. Although I am still waiting for the correct part to arrive, I have high hopes that they won't screw up a third time.

• 1 year later...

I have been calling and calling Thermaltake for 9 days now, over the course of a cumulative 2 hours and 28 minutes I still have yet to reach a customer service rep. I am simply trying to but a $4,900 gaming pc which said backordered. I sent a request in for it and then the PC was removed from their available products and nobody responded to me.

I am growing very tired of companies poor customer service and lack of responses.