TT Sync Controller RPM help

nifland

I have a TT Sync Controller, 2 240mm riing fans and 3 120mm riing fans with an ASUS Crosshair VIII motherboard with current BIOS.

The 3 120mm fans should have a maximum RPM of 1500-ish, but no matter what I do, I can't get over ~750 RPM.

I have a PWM cable connected from the side of the controller with the 3 fans. I've set the BIOS fan controller to 100% and checked its RPM in the monitor, it shows ~750RPM.  When I set it to 50%, it shows ~375 RPM. Without PWM cable connected, the fan speed doesn't seem to operate at its fastest speed (I would expect 1500 without PWM control on this controller).

When I switch over to the TT Riing Plus controller that connects directly to USB, I can use the TT Software to reach 1500 RPM.

To me, this seems to imply that the Sync controller is estimating the maximum RPM incorrectly. Do I have a defective controller?

Hi,

The TT SYNC controller does not have maximum fan speed limit, it is simply a hub to pass the command from BIOS to your fan.

one thing you can give it a try, connect the PWM cable from TT SYNC controller to CPU fan 4pin header on your MOBO, the header always deliver the full PWM signal.

If you tried corsair's controller, fan speed is still around half, i would suggest that check BIOS setting or contact mobo customer service for further help. 

1 hour ago, Tt Alvin said:

Hi,

The TT SYNC controller does not have maximum fan speed limit, it is simply a hub to pass the command from BIOS to your fan.

one thing you can give it a try, connect the PWM cable from TT SYNC controller to CPU fan 4pin header on your MOBO, the header always deliver the full PWM signal.

If you tried corsair's controller, fan speed is still around half, i would suggest that check BIOS setting or contact mobo customer service for further help. 

Sorry, I mean that I plugged the TT Sync controller's PWM cable into the Corsair Commander Pro 4 pin fan input, and could still only get 750RPM. That tells me that it's not the Motherboard or BIOS, and that it's the TT Sync controller.

I've ordered another TT Sync controller to see if mine is defective.

I got a new TT Sync controller, and I have the same issue. Not sure what's going on here. I've tried the PWM cable in multiple sources and I get the limited 750RPM everywhere with the Sync Controller. With the normal TT controller, I can get 1500, but I have problems with the software, so I'd rather not use that for CPU fans.  I've tried different sata connectors and different PWM cables as well.