MEKA G-unit Windows 10

LastNeuron

Guest Tt Josh

I have already emailed them and as I just said I have been waiting for a reply to my second email to them for over 3 months. 

I'll manually inform them regarding on the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

Ok so it has been over a month and I haven't heard anything on here or received an email, is this serious or are you just taking the #### out of your customers?

Hi, can you please list down all computer specs you're currently having so I can have the tech to test with the similar specs you're currently having.

Operating system, motherboard...etc

Hi, can you please list down all computer specs you're currently having so I can have the tech to test with the similar specs you're currently having.

Operating system, motherboard...etc

Ok I can do that but first can you link me towards the product page for my keyboard? (MEKA G-Unit Illuminated Edition (Red Switch)) Because I still can't find it and can't find the drivers for it, I can find the page for the normal (Black Switch) edition but that only has Windows 8 drivers that do not work either with my computer or my keyboard. 

Guest Tt Josh

Ok I can do that but first can you link me towards the product page for my keyboard? (MEKA G-Unit Illuminated Edition (Red Switch)) Because I still can't find it and can't find the drivers for it, I can find the page for the normal (Black Switch) edition but that only has Windows 8 drivers that do not work either with my computer or my keyboard. 

http://www.ttesports.com/Keyboard/47/MEKA_G_Unit_Red_Switch_Edition/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.VzE2MoR96M9

You can try to install the WIN8 version and see whether it works or not? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so here's where I'm at with Windows 10 and the MEKA G Unit. I downloaded the MEKA G Unit FWUpdate-V139 V1.1.exe (on the downloads section it is listed as MEKA G UNIT GAMING SOFTWARE UPDATE) as well as the actual gaming software (Profiling software). When I initially installed the software I just double clicked and it went about it's business. This does not work.

• Download the software update and run it as administrator. It failed for me. I don't know why, but this part actually helped.
  • Download the GAMING SOFTWARE V1.2 (WIN8) extract the executable to any directory. Right click on the executable and run it as administrator.

That's it. It works now. I think. Except the macro keys. I'm not so sure what to do with those.

(one of my games requires the windows key to function. so I have to leave it in normal mode for now.)

Edit: The software is running in Vista Mode. So if you have to manually set the compatibility, try setting it to Vista, not 7 or 8.

Edit 2: Managed to get the software installed and working with the keyboard. Function keys are still not working.

Edit 3: So, all things considered, I decided to see if the version numbers matched up with anything else. I have no idea what any of this means so I took screenshots of all of it. http://i.imgur.com/ajEI4wj.png

Edit 4: I have found drivers for a "Mad Catz Programmable Keyboard" I don't have one of these, and it has to be causing the issue. I'm unsure as of how to change this. I'm looking into what dll files I have to replace/use for the thermaltake keyboard. I'm on the latest insider build of windows 10.

Edited by TheLibrarian

• 4 years later...

My Meka-G Unit keyboard is running on Windows 10 for the most part.  The only functionality not working are the T1 to T12 keys.

Switching between Normal and Gaming mode - working
Changing the illumination levels - working
Choosing a profile - working
Windows key - working in Normal mode
Media controls - working
Volume controls - working

I can launch the program "Tt eSPORTS  MEKA G Unit" from the Windows system tray.  In the program that is launched, a diagram of the keyboard is shown.

PROBLEMS:
1. If I click on a T-key (e.g. T1) and then click on any of the sections under the "Key Assignment", the program just closes.
2. If I click on the "Macro Key" section, a popup dialog "Macro Key Setting" is shown. If I click on "Load", it looks for an .ini file. If I  click on "New", the program just crashes.

Because of this, I cannot map any of the T keys to any macros. An alternative would be to just load some mappings from an .INI file.
Does anyone have a sample .ini file that I can load that will map "CTRL+C to T6", "CTRL+V to T12" or any other mappings?

• 1 year later...

Are there windows 10 drivers for this keyboard - It's a SIMPLE question that deserves an answer for a supposedly high end gaming keyboard....  If not then I think you can probably count me amongst those customers that will never return to your products...  There is nothing on your website concerning downloads for Windows 10...

• 1 year later...

Anyone wondering if this keyboard works under win 10, in my case it works perfectly (didn't try fwupdate one yet, but not sure if I will). 

I just installed the win8 one and run it like any other driver setup with the keyboard plugged it. Every option in the app works even the T keys - tried launching app, assinging single key and macro - all work. I don't know if it matters but my version is the kb-mgu006us but when installing it said illuminated (while mine is regular g-unit).