Riing Quad causing reboots

JePeT

Dear all,

I´m running the system described below; the OS, all drivers and firmwares are up-to-date so far. My latest purchase was a triple pack of 120mm Riing Quad fans and I´m facing some serious trouble since - in best case, the screen goes black for a few seconds and the system does not respond while doing so. In most cases, the system reboots. Whenever this happens, I can see the three fans fall back to the default lighting scheme, so I´m pretty sure that either the USB controller box or the RGB Plus software causes this.

I checked the Windows event log, but no error is being logged there.

That´s my setup:

ASRock B550 PG Velocita, AMD Ryzen 3900X, Crucial Ballistix RGB, NVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition, Samsung 970 Evo Plus, Toshiba X300, Enermax Digifanless, Lian Li O11 Dynamic

When it comes to USB devices:

Steelseries Apex Pro, Xtrfy M4, Blue Yeti Nano, Sennheiser GSX 100, Razer Kiyo, Corsair M800. Msi Mag322CQRV.

Does anyone face similiar issues? Is someone from Tt around with any advise how to get rid of this?

Hi,

Does the riing quad and controller connect to an individual molex(4pin)? Riing quad got 54 LEDs on each fan, requires high voltage, so please dont connect it with other device with one molex cable.

Did you try to unplugged the riing quad and controller, see if the issue happens again?