Settings only work when the TTRGBPlus runs

peke

When I boot my pc, my riing rgb 360 has the RGB settings (static green color) from 2 years ago.

When TTRGBPlus then starts at Windows boot, my current settings are applied.

I believe at some point, TTRGBPlus software didn't store the settings in the controller flash anymore.

I want all RGB to be off until the TTRGBPlus starts, so that when I use Linux for work, I'm not bothered by that annoying green color I've set 2 years ago ...

On 8/4/2020 at 4:59 AM, TT CPM said:

Hi,

Did you mean your setting is not applied even when TT RGB PLUS starts?

Hello, what I mean is that the settings are applied, but when I power down the system, 2 year old settings are applied again. This remains so until I start TT RGB Plus again. The problem is when I boot to Linux or bios or boot stick, I'm looking on that old stupid green color I set 2 years ago ... It is like these old settings were stored in the controller flash and the new settings are only stored in RAM. I downgraden to the lowest version of TT RGB Plus, 1.2.8, but that version makes no difference. Maybe a very old version would make a difference but I cannot find any version prior to 1.2.8.

4 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi,

You can try the attached version, we found the same issue and have a new update, but this version is still under test, you may try see if it work. 

TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.3.802_x64.exe.zip 42.77 MB · 1 download

Hello, it doesn't work. When powering down the pc, then powering up, the old green is still there. It's a "static" set color, a mixture of green and blue, which becomes a greenish yellow.

I also found out that when I choose to exit TT_RGB_Plus, the current settings are now also lost, it reverts back to a sort of Wave or demo pattern.

Do you have any specific way of making the settings permanent in the controller flash? Can you describe it here?

4 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi, 

Just want to check if you try this version in windows or linux?

cuz the profile is stored in your hard driver and it only be activated in windows environment, if you are in Linux, TT RGB Plus will not load the profile.  

Windows.

But the problem I have is unrelated to the OS (To clarify, I'm only using Windows to test RGB Plus).

Because when powering on the system, immediately the color is green. So the controller has the settings stored in hardware.

How do I change those settings in hardware? Can you maybe provide me a very old version of TT RGB Plus from 2017 or 2018?

I believe those versions may store the settings in hardware and newer versions of the software don't.

5 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi,

If you go back to the old version likes 2017 or 2018, there are many updates like bug fix and new functions will be disabled.

Our R&D team will have a new version this week, it should solve this issue, could you wait for a couple days? 

Yes, I will wait and I will give an update here if the new version fixes it or not.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear User

Right mouse click TT RGB PLUS exit in system tray. That will reset controller data.

image_2020_08_17T02_45_39_655Z.png

Thanks, it worked, the default rainbow colors are now loaded on power up.

How can I now store new settings in the controller flash instead of just applying them on TT RGB Plus startup?

I want to disable all lights until TT RGB Plus starts in Windows.

18 hours ago, peke said:

Thanks, it worked, the default rainbow colors are now loaded on power up.

How can I now store new settings in the controller flash instead of just applying them on TT RGB Plus startup?

I want to disable all lights until TT RGB Plus starts in Windows.

Dear user

Turn off the lighting and save it in TT RGB PLUS.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:14 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear user

Turn off the lighting and save it in TT RGB PLUS.

I did that, but it's not stored in the controller flash.

It only applies at TT RGB Plus startup.

Could it be my controller is not 100% working correctly?

23 hours ago, peke said:

I did that, but it's not stored in the controller flash.

It only applies at TT RGB Plus startup.

Could it be my controller is not 100% working correctly?

Hi User

So you need the function to completely overwrite the controller box?
At present, as long as TT RGB PLUS is closed, it will return to the default lighting effect(Rainbow wave). Once overwritten, the lighting effect will not be returned default.

51 minutes ago, Tony.P said:

Hi User

So you need the function to completely overwrite the controller box?
At present, as long as TT RGB PLUS is closed, it will return to the default lighting effect(Rainbow wave). Once overwritten, the lighting effect will not be returned default.

Yes, I want to overwrite the rainbow wave with no-lighting. It was possible in older versions of the software. Can it be made possible again or can I get an old version which allows me to do this?

4 minutes ago, peke said:

Yes, I want to overwrite the rainbow wave with no-lighting. It was possible in older versions of the software. Can it be made possible again or can I get an old version which allows me to do this?

Dear User

This version can turn off the light. Then close the software will be saved the setting to controller.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cb77zy4md6cy8y/TT RGB Plus_Setup_1.3.806_x64.exe.zip?dl=0

• 11 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue here.  I need the version of the software that actually writes the RGB setting to the iRGB Plus 1200w power supply.  It's remembering an old setting and staying orange until the software starts.  I need a version of the software that will actually write to the power supply unit the light settings. 

It would also be nice to have a version of the software that controls the Pacific Core P5 distroplate lights that writes the settings to the controller...is that available? 

5 hours ago, bemmster said:

I'm having the exact same issue here.  I need the version of the software that actually writes the RGB setting to the iRGB Plus 1200w power supply.  It's remembering an old setting and staying orange until the software starts.  I need a version of the software that will actually write to the power supply unit the light settings. 

It would also be nice to have a version of the software that controls the Pacific Core P5 distroplate lights that writes the settings to the controller...is that available? 

Dear User

In order to support more lighting effects and product. TT RGB PLUS has cancelled the function of writing into the controller.

If you need to set and keep lighting effects. Must be turned on TT RGB PLUS.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 8:01 AM, Tony.P said:

In order to support more lighting effects and product. TT RGB PLUS has cancelled the function of writing into the controller.

If you need to set and keep lighting effects. Must be turned on TT RGB PLUS.

Which version of TT RGB PLUS can save setings to the controller box and override the default stupid rainbow and high speed of a fans? Could you share it?
I have 9 fans
, there is a lot of noise when the pc starts up.