View 71 TG RGB Fan Upgrade

Ryan P

Hi everyone, new here!

Looked around and couldn't find anything so hopefully I'm not double posting here.

I bought the Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB case and it came with 3 x 140mm Riing 14 RGB fans and they are all connected via the controller.

I want to add a few more so I was going to buy the TT Sync Controller to work with my MSI MB but the pins on the fans are 5 pin and in the picture of the TT Sync Controller, it looks like it's a 9 pin (4 on the top, 5 on the bottom).

Will these fans work in this controller?

Thanks for your time,

Ryan

Hi,

Please check the link below, just want to confirm if we are talking the same case? 

https://www.thermaltake.com/view-71-tempered-glass-rgb-edition.html

If yes, the fans pre-installed are analog version RGB fan, please check the link, it should be the one you are looking for

https://www.ttpremium.com/product/riing-14-led-rgb-256-colors-fan-3-fan-pack/

• 4 weeks later...

Ryan, did you ever get an actual answer to this question? The TT staff here obviously didn't read your actual question where you clearly ask if the View 71 case fans work with the TT Sync Controller (CL-O015-PL00BL-A). I too want to know this so would like an actual answer to the question since you are not asking what they answered,

To further explain their question and my own,,, will the 5 pin case fans of the View 71 case fans plug into the "TT Sync Controller (CL-O015-PL00BL-A)"? To even further explain the actual question here,,,, can the 5 pin connector of the case fans be plugged into the top row (5 pin) of the "TT Sync Controller (CL-O015-PL00BL-A)"?

I have the TT Sync Controller (CL-O015-PL00BL-A) and TT's Riing plus Duo fans working with it but would ALSO like to see if what comes with the View 71 case be plugged into the "TT Sync Controller (CL-O015-PL00BL-A)"...

I'm fairly certain the the sync controller isn't rated for the quad. I know I saw it somewhere on TT's site, though it's not directly mentioned on the TT sync page, it was somewhere. What I did find was:

*The max. rated current of the SATA port is 5A (±5%) . To avoid causing damage to the port, the TT Sync Controller is allowed to be connected with:
1. Up to 4 Riing Trio fans while adding other PLUS series products.
or.
2. Up to 5 Riing Trio fans without connecting other PLUS series products

I have another ticket open in trying to get my new quads working, but decided to test my 3 quads with my sync controller that also has my cpu wb, pump, radiator light and 3x riing duo's (so all 9 ports of the sync controller filled). It worked, but seemed a little dimmer. I only did it for a minute though because under voltage can cause more damage than over voltage. With going by the fact the sync controller steps down as it lists above, and that the quads have 54 leds per, I would guess if it was capable that the recommendation would to only have 3 quads with nothing else, which would be a waste of upgrading to the sync controller. The sync controller is the best thing TT has ever created in my opinion. Sad that it's under powered with just a single sata cable. We buy it because no one software out there will allow one controller to run everything including memory and motherboard. The sync controller is the only thing I've seen, but again, it's no a solution when you can't ALWAYS use all 9 ports. One molex connector should be more than enough for any number of led's. LED's aren't typically high voltage things. The sync controller is getting old. Maybe one with two molex connectors?

As for the View 71 ARGB case fan, and since TT won't sell individual fans in the plus or quad series (makes no sense btw when they're own basic controller supports 5), I don't plan to use the connector and will find the pin out and simply wire the 5 to a nine. The missing pins wouldn't be needed since they're just data, not power. I'll probably just look for someone selling individual fans (all other companies do after all).

Hi,

You can plug max 4 riing quad to TT Sync controller, but once you connected 4 quad, it reaches the max voltage, you can not plug any other products to TT Sync controller. btw, if you connect 3 riing quad on the same side (attached pic), need to make sure your MB header can support over 162 LEDs, cuz every board maker has different ARGB LEDs max support qty. 

We do have Riing plus single fan, please check the link below. Riing Quad single will be available late this month.

https://www.ttpremium.com/product/riing-plus-12-rgb-radiator-fan-tt-premium-edition-single-fan-pack/

擷取.JPG

Thanks. That's great news.

I just emailed support a few days ago about single fans and they just gave me a flat out, no. I have the MSI Creator x299. Nothing listed in specs for max LEDs. Maybe something in terms of max voltage, or amp rating in the manual. I'll have to check but it's a newer enthusiasts board but I'll look into it. Wouldn't really matter though if a 9 port controller that had a max of 4 quads because it wouldn't make sense to force all three on one side in that case.

• 2 weeks later...