I'm Totally Confused Connecting It All

Dixie

Hi Guys,

Ok, I've just about completed a new PC Build.

I purchased 6 boxes of the Thermaltake Riing Trio 12 TT Premium fans.
I intend to use 18 of these fans, in a double configuration ie Push-Pull, 6 in front, 6 in the side, 6 on top and 1 in the rear.
I intend to use 4 of the included fan controllers, (2 with 5 fans and 2 with 4 fans).
I will daisy chain the 4 controllers.

This will be a custom water loop setup, with two radiators, pump/res combo, cpu and gpu waterblocks.

1. Does each controller, have to have it's own power source ie Molex Connector, or can the daisy chain, just use shared power connected, to say No 1 controller?
2. How are these daisy chained controllers, then connected to the Motherboard, do i have to use multiple headers, splitter cables, or a USB headers?
3. I have retained one 140mm Thermaltake TT-1425, that came with the Thermaltake View 71 case, as a rear exhaust fan, it has a 6 pin connector, where does that plug in?

I possibly, may have to change the rear fan, to a Riing 140mm, to sync with all the other fans!!

I'm o'k on the manual side of the build, but the Technical side, especially all the connections, confuses me.

Sorry, for all the questions, but I wanted my computer, to really shine with all the fans (overkill I know) , but now I have boxed myself into a corner and I am totally confused, how to connect it all up, there isn't a guide on connecting 18 fans to controllers and then to the motherboard, which is a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master by the way.

Any expert help would be greatly appreciated, please explain in simple terms, that a monkey could understand.

Thank You

Hi,

1. To connect total 6 controllers to molex 4pin, you need at least 4 molex cables.

2. You can find a daisy chain cable comes with each riing trio, but each USB header from mb only supports max. 4 controller.

3. the TT-1425 should be a RGB fan, it is not a TT RGB Plus enabled product. View 71 has more than 3 different version, may i know the full product model of your case?

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.  I will have 18 Riing Trio 120mm fans into 4 controllers, (2 with 5 fans and 2 with 4 fans), so the USB Header, will handle these controllers daisy chained and only one cable required, from Controller 1, to the USB Header.....is that correct?

Am I also correct in saying, that each of the 4 controllers, requires 1 Molex Connector each for power (I do have some Molex Splitters if required).

The case I have, is the View 71 TG ARGB Black CA-117-00F1WN-03.

I have removed 2 of the 140mm front fans, but kept the back one for exhaust, can this fan be connected to one of the controllers?

Thank You.

Hi,

Correct, controller 1 x 5 trio, controller 2 x 5 trio, con 3 x 4 trio, con 4 x 4 trio.

One molex connects to only one controller, cuz these are high voltage LEDs.

To connect MB USB header, please check attached manual, use cable C to plug into USB header and connects to  controller 1 and 2 (cable C is a splitter cable), then use cable D to connect "controller 1 and controller 3", then same as "controller 2 connects controller 4".

The fan came with view 71 can not plug into the controllers, it is different connector.     

擷取.JPG

Ok, I think I understand now:

1.  1 molex for each controller for power, c cable plugs into motherboard USB header, then controller 1 & 2.

2.  May I ask ,why I don't daisy chain controllers 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 ....is it because 1 and 2 already have  splitter  cable c plugged into them!

3.   Does the rear fan, just plug into a sys fan header, or an addressable header?

Thank You.

2. Cuz one USB 2.0 header actually is 2 x USB 2.0 ports, and one port can support max 4 controllers, play it safe, it would be better to use the splitter cable to connect those controllers, means you actually use 2 x usb ports.

3. the rear fan came with view 71 should be connected to a PCB which perinstalled in view 71, dont need to plug the fan to other headers.

Thank you so much for your information, it was very helpful, just a quick question, I removed all the 140mm fans, when the case arrived and that included the pcb from the back panel.

I still have the  pcb, can you tell me, where that would originally be plugged into a motherboard, I'll put it back in the case and plug the rear fan back into it.

Thank You.