Riing Quad fans not showing in NeonMaker Light Editing Software

Turbine777

Please read this fully since I'm often asked things that I have written quite clearly. It's a long read but it's all there. I'm thorough because I was an actual support tech for many years and never asked an unnecessary question that most newer techs ask to pretend to know what they're talking about. As a licensed plumber it would be like me being told a water heater wasn't working and my reply being "Well, did you try brushing your teeth?" Yes, I'm annoyed but if the CEO of TT knew all the issues I've had with TT's products this past month people would lose their jobs and I would have all new gear for life! It's not personal, it's in now having to deal with junk that emptied my wallet.

1st issue.
Computer wouldn't recognize that I had anything plugged into the motherboard (the usb2 cable was insanely loose and would fall off at the slightest touch, nothing wrong with my pins).
I have the riing plus duo fans with the same exact controller so borrowed that cable to test the USB2 pins on the MB, worked fine, obvious issue number one, bad cable.

2nd issue.
Computer detected something, but failed to load the driver as verified in device manager. Checked all connections several times. Took other controller from my riing plus and tested it. Windows detected it and installed the driver. No more issues in device manager. Obvious issue number two, bad controller.

3rd issue.
NeonMaker Light Editing Software loads but does not show my fans. Fans stuck in default rainbow mode but the only thing showing in the software is 8x instances of "Toughram". I do not have TT's ram. I have G.Skill G.Trident Z Royal. Tried many things, still the same. I even tried to adjust my ram LED's since the software seems to think I have toughram but it doesn't do anything (and yes, I learned how to use the software through videos).

Fans are the only thing in my kit that works or I would have personally delivered this kit to TT myself!

I am practically 100% thermaltake in this new build with the exceptions being psu and ram. My system specs are:
- Windows 10 Pro
- Case = Thermaltake View 71 Motherboard Sync ARGB
- CPU = Intel Core i9-10920X
- GPU = EVGA 2080ti
- MB = MSI Creator X299 LGA 2066 Intel X299
- PSU = EVGA 1600w
- Ram = .SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 256GB (8 x 32GB) Model F4-3600C18Q2-256GTRG
Hard drives are two M.2 drives and 4 Samsung Pro and Evo SSD's.

Now for Thermaltake products that may not be playing nice to which I'll simply return these fans and stop the headache.

- TT Pacific CL360 Max CL-W259-CU00SW-A *This came with two controllers which is how I tested the bad cable and controller. And YES, I fully understand the dip switches. Had two working with all off on 1 and number 1 dip switch up for second controller. This setup worked fine, but I was unable to sync the lights with MSI Mystic lights.
- TT Sync SATA Powered 9 Port Addressable LED Controller TT Premium Edition. CL-O015-PL00BL-A. *This product was the cat's meow and I was able to follow the TT guides and install "Creator Center" and get my Riing plus DUO fans that came with my TT radiator to sync with my motherboard and ram beautifully (I should have stopped there).
- TT Riing Quad 140mm 3pk. *Reread issues above". Came with two defective parts and software doesn't detect fans.

Other information:
1- As mentioned, I have followed TT's advice with getting Creator Center.
2- I only have one small TT controller in my build. Though I had to use one I had taken out of my computer upon getting the 9 port sync controller.
3- I did NOT hook my quad fans up to the 9 port sync controller since it says not to on TT's product page for the Sync controller. Though I wish you could so I didn't need multiple controllers... (as does everyone else).
4- Sync controller doesn't have dip switches, but to be thorough, and since it is another controller, I did try changing the Quad controller from 0 dips to num 1.
5- I read Thermal Mike mention to cycle the power by unplugging the actual molex connector while the system was on and plugging it back in (just insanely horrible advice btw), I'm not about to fry my motherboard or PSU so will not be doing that today,,, but did try it with the USB to controller cable from both the controller and then the MB.
6- TT controller built into the view 71 case has one rear case fan attached but is in NO WAY connected to my computer so it in itself is not possibly the issue.
7- Build is one month old with new OS install with everything, else, working perfectly.
8- My computer is all up to date. Latest BIOS and firmware for everything that has firmware.
9- I am A+ certified with 12 other computer certifications and 2 licenses for computers (so no need to dumb down replies).
10- As mentioned, fans work. Both in motion and default lights, but one doesn't want rainbow when they pay $200 for programmable lights after all.

11- I also tried without Creator Center running.

For the record, I'm not typically a complainer. I will certainly tell it like it is on reviews on my youtube channels and newegg reviews of products, but I don't often write to support about their horrible quality control or things I can fix. My TT Pacific CL360 Max CL-W259-CU00SW-A for instance looked like an open box and lacked any way to hook up to my MSI rainbow connectors. The pump light is practically un-noticeable. My TT view 71 case had a panel screw that was broken, etc, etc. Not asking for support for it but boy does TT lack software skills and quality control when anything I buy from them has issues.

TT-software.jpg

Ok,,, so no help with what I'm asking here? I explain in detail my issue with 3 day old, nearly $200 tt quads. I list everything I've tried, and allllll my hardware so I'm not leaving anything out. I list all things I have tried. I can care less about the screw since it's broken off in the case so a replacement isn't of any use without a tap/die set, but again, I am asking for help with my latest TT issue that you missed. My comment is 80% at least about this issue. I also explain (also in great detail) that I have also bought other TT crap to where although I got two defective items I had other new and working items to move forward with the troubleshooting. I've done all I can try, is this a joke? I know I wrote a lot but wow! Odd how my initial rants is all about people not reading. It's because this is what I get from support.

TLDR: I own your product, it is not working. Read what I wrote to see if you can see a reason it is not working. Read what I have tried, maybe see if you've seen the issue before and give advice? Read the title for pete's sake. The issue is right there if you rather not read the complete issue, just don't ask me things I took the time to explain! Thus the point of the lengthy read, this has to be a joke. I'm sending this screenshot to TT. This is near criminal...

First, may i know your OS version? 

Since windows releases win 10 2004 update, we have received some controller fail reports, some major MB makers also received it, it will cause USB detection fail, then system does not recognize the controller and products you plugged. It may be the reason of your 1st and 2nd issue. Currently we are trying to figure out how to solve this issue, especially on Riing Quad. 

If you didnt install 2004 update, it might be a defective controller, our customer service can help you to go through RMA process.

For the 3rd issue, if you mean Riing Quad does not show on neonmaker, if might be the same issue like mentioned above.

if it is not riing quad, for case fan, Neonmaker currently only support Riing quad and Riing Trio fan.

Regarding RAM, checked with our software team, it is a detection error, they will fix it asap.

TT RGB Plus and Neonmaker can not be used with MSI RGB software at the same time, if you choose to use TT Sync controller, then all products will not show on TT RGB Plus and Neonmaker.