Error Code: H_0x0001 :(

Emaculant

I purchased Thermaltake Riing Trio 12 RGB TT Premium Edition. I have the notorious Error Code: H_0x0001. When I first installed the software it worked fine then once restarted the pc I got the code. Fans spin color is there but I can't use the software after much trail and error. Even tried using the external usb still getting the same error message it seems Windows is not acknowledging the controller. Please help. 

My setup is:

GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Mini itx)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

EVGA 650

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

May i know your OS version? The reason i ask is since windows releases win 10 2004 update, we have received some controller fail reports, some major MB makers also received it, it will cause USB detection fail, then system does not recognize the controller and products you plugged. 

Could you check "device manager" in windows see if it shows USB driver error or USB fail? If yes, right click to uninstall the device and restart your PC.

6 hours ago, Marco98 said:

Hello,

I'm with the same issue, here is my device manager in USB section. I don't find anything wrong, can you check it?

https://imgur.com/YxLI0Fp

Hi, 

May i know the follow in info.

OS version, CPU, MB, PSU, qty of TT products you connect, how you connect these products to controllers, connection between controllers and PSU.

OS Version: Windows 10 Education, version 1803, compilation 17134.1667

CPU: i9-9900KF

MB: Asus Maximus xi hero

PSU: Corsair HX 1200i

Qty of TT Products: 8 products (3 fans, water cooler tank motor, cpu thermal block (TT W5 Plus RGB), 3 led strips)

I have all of this TT products connected to the Controller ( TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition )

PHOTO-2020-09-08-16-19-33.thumb.jpg.3e20e797324ebcfa607320204f5515be.jpg

On the left of the connector there's connected the 3 fans, and the cable that connects to the motherboard fan controller (4 Pin PWM).

On the bottom there's connect to the 3 led strips.

On the right it is the tank motor and the cpu thermal block.

And on the top there's the SATA Power Cable and the cable that connects to the 5V Address Strip Header to the MB.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, Marco98 said:

OS Version: Windows 10 Education, version 1803, compilation 17134.1667

CPU: i9-9900KF

MB: Asus Maximus xi hero

PSU: Corsair HX 1200i

Qty of TT Products: 8 products (3 fans, water cooler tank motor, cpu thermal block (TT W5 Plus RGB), 3 led strips)

I have all of this TT products connected to the Controller ( TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition )

PHOTO-2020-09-08-16-19-33.thumb.jpg.3e20e797324ebcfa607320204f5515be.jpg

On the left of the connector there's connected the 3 fans, and the cable that connects to the motherboard fan controller (4 Pin PWM).

On the bottom there's connect to the 3 led strips.

On the right it is the tank motor and the cpu thermal block.

And on the top there's the SATA Power Cable and the cable that connects to the 5V Address Strip Header to the MB.

Hi, 

Did you mean you cant not find the controller in TT RGB Plus software?

If yes, TT Sync controller is designed for MB RGB software and it does not support TT RGB Plus software,

if you like to use TT RGB Plus, please connect to the controller came with these products.

4 hours ago, Emaculant said:

So I purchased another set of the Ring Trio with a controller and now the usb says device descriptor failed. I uninstalled it then restarted windows and I get the same error. I have Windows 10 Home 1909.

unkownusbthermaltake.PNG

We have not seen this issue on other OS version, will study it with our R&D team and get back to you soon.

12 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi, 

Did you mean you cant not find the controller in TT RGB Plus software?

If yes, TT Sync controller is designed for MB RGB software and it does not support TT RGB Plus software,

if you like to use TT RGB Plus, please connect to the controller came with these products.

Hi,

I'm using this program, please check it.

1038564257_WhatsAppImage2020-09-10at16_34_28.thumb.jpeg.5ea36e0debaece2b062f56788638d34c.jpeg

And with the Asus aura sync it works well, chaging the light color and the fan speed, etc. But it can't control the led strips, that's why I want the TT RGB Plus software.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:37 PM, Marco98 said:

Hi,

I'm using this program, please check it.

1038564257_WhatsAppImage2020-09-10at16_34_28.thumb.jpeg.5ea36e0debaece2b062f56788638d34c.jpeg

And with the Asus aura sync it works well, chaging the light color and the fan speed, etc. But it can't control the led strips, that's why I want the TT RGB Plus software.

Can you upload photos of how you connection these products to controllers? Since you have 3 fans, 1 pump, 1 block, and 3 led strips.

12 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Can you upload photos of how you connection these products to controllers? Since you have 3 fans, 1 pump, 1 block, and 3 led strips.

1335939132_WhatsAppImage2020-09-14at18_20_18.thumb.jpeg.c72026dbf5c1719e7c1e4fa11fcdb7e1.jpeg

The pink ones are the 3 fans, the green ones are 3 led strips, the blue is the pump and brown is the cpu block. This connections are pretty straight forward, the cables just came from the devices, let me know if you want photos about this.

The white cable goes into the sata power connector, that is plugged with other HDD and goes into the PSU.

622309445_WhatsAppImage2020-09-14at18_20.18(1).thumb.jpeg.ccd7820f5ee0c0266e69fd6d748b0f4d.jpeg

And the yellow is the MB cable that goes into this connector (marked):

631024614_WhatsAppImage2020-09-14at18_20.18(2).thumb.jpeg.1f8e37c6fb670cace22b6d33669be40e.jpeg

Hi,

I tried with the Asus aura sync software and everything works besides 2 led strips that are connected to the controller (1 of that led strip works good and is synced).

I already changed the led strip's connection, and it seems that only one port "works".

Do you know what it can be? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 5:16 AM, TT CPM said:

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

May i know your OS version? The reason i ask is since windows releases win 10 2004 update, we have received some controller fail reports, some major MB makers also received it, it will cause USB detection fail, then system does not recognize the controller and products you plugged. 

Could you check "device manager" in windows see if it shows USB driver error or USB fail? If yes, right click to uninstall the device and restart your PC.

Ive got explicit the same issue with win 10 2004 ... how can i resolve this problem? 

Ive updated my Bios

Deinstalled USB Device

but still the same Problems ... 

So I solved the problem myself: Fortunately, I still had the sync controller at home and then connected a maximum of two fans to each PWM port, as soon as you connect 3 quad fans, the LEDs no longer work ... Thermaltake You really have some catching up to do with clarification your customers ... I always feel like a beta tester ...

• 4 months later...

Hello,

i think i solved the issue. I use another usb cable for the controller and i changed any USB functions in the bios at the startup. Now, when i start up the computer, the controller starts correctly. But it was a fight, after i installed the fans and the controller, my keyboard didn't work :-D I had to reset it many times.

Greetings Christian

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2020 at 12:40 AM, Emaculant said:

So I purchased another set of the Ring Trio with a controller and now the usb says device descriptor failed. I uninstalled it then restarted windows and I get the same error. I have Windows 10 Home 1909.

unkownusbthermaltake.PNG

So its end year 2022, and to my surprise this problems apparently still persists! This is of incredible annoyance. I build a new super PC. And you want everything
perfect, right.. But then I purchased 2 x Riing Trio. 6 fans in total with two controllers. So basically every time the PC starts from a cold boot it seems to work.
But if you restart, mess in the BIOS, do some stress testing or even having a crash. Then one or sometimes two of the controllers are not recognized. Its 9/10
time one controller, but it can be one of both of them.  This is really a pain in the a$$ because it looks stupid (my DistroCase 350p) are also connected to it
so its quite noticeable when its not working! Then the only solution is to go to device manager and uninstall the "USB INPUT DEVICE" which has an error and
are not working/recognized. Then you choose SEARCH FOR NEW HARDWARE. Usually it then correctly install and works,  but sometimes you need to UNINSTALL
and search 3 times before controller and Windows sees it. Worst case, you need a full restart. This is a nightmare. I tried two different cables same result. Unfortunatly I dont have two USB ports of
this type on my MB. Or yes I do but the other one is for my case I/O USB. I dont know what the problem can be? Is the hardware somehow broken? Is there a conflict?
I have a ASUS Z790 Maximus Hero. Should I RMA? Or is this just the way this product is, since now years later its still here and not fixed! Please help and come with advice!

On 9/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, Emaculant said:

I purchased Thermaltake Riing Trio 12 RGB TT Premium Edition. I have the notorious Error Code: H_0x0001. When I first installed the software it worked fine then once restarted the pc I got the code. Fans spin color is there but I can't use the software after much trail and error. Even tried using the external usb still getting the same error message it seems Windows is not acknowledging the controller. Please help. 

My setup is:

GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Mini itx)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

EVGA 650

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB

So its end year 2022, and to my surprise this problems apparently still persists! This is of incredible annoyance. I build a new super PC. And you want everything
perfect, right.. But then I purchased 2 x Riing Trio. 6 fans in total with two controllers. So basically every time the PC starts from a cold boot it seems to work.
But if you restart, mess in the BIOS, do some stress testing or even having a crash. Then one or sometimes two of the controllers are not recognized. Its 9/10
time one controller, but it can be one of both of them.  This is really a pain in the a$$ because it looks stupid (my DistroCase 350p) are also connected to it
so its quite noticeable when its not working! Then the only solution is to go to device manager and uninstall the "USB INPUT DEVICE" which has an error and
are not working/recognized. Then you choose SEARCH FOR NEW HARDWARE. Usually it then correctly install and works,  but sometimes you need to UNINSTALL
and search 3 times before controller and Windows sees it. Worst case, you need a full restart. This is a nightmare. I tried two different cables same result. Unfortunatly I dont have two USB ports of
this type on my MB. Or yes I do but the other one is for my case I/O USB. I dont know what the problem can be? Is the hardware somehow broken? Is there a conflict?
I have a ASUS Z790 Maximus Hero. Should I RMA? Or is this just the way this product is, since now years later its still here and not fixed! Please help and come with advice!

On 9/10/2020 at 4:58 AM, TT CPM said:

We have not seen this issue on other OS version, will study it with our R&D team and get back to you soon.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, carlosan541 said:

Hello,

i think i solved the issue. I use another usb cable for the controller and i changed any USB functions in the bios at the startup. Now, when i start up the computer, the controller starts correctly. But it was a fight, after i installed the fans and the controller, my keyboard didn't work :-D I had to reset it many times.

Greetings Christian

DID you solve it? Andw what do you mean by change USB functions in BIOS? Can you be specific? As you can see this problem is KILLING me! on my new super pc. I hate problems like this.

and search 3 times before controller and Windows sees it. Worst case, you need a full restart. This is a nightmare. I tried two different cables same result. Unfortunately I dont have two USB ports of