TT sync controller with aura

pamarakos

Hi all

Just purchased a 5 fan pack with riing plus 12 (it was the only choice to have 4 in hand needed) so I purchased a tt sync controller as well to connect it with my asus z490 motherboard. So I got it all running and just found out that in order to sync the 3 fan which are on the 360 radiator, I should have all connected to port 1 on the controller, otherwise it doesn't sync with the same colours. So I did it BUT this way the 4th fan used on the back of my case is always on different color since it is connected on 2nd port of one side of the controller, this is how it's supposed to work?

So the only way to have them all synced up is I should buy a 2nd sync controller and have it hooked up on the 2nd addressable header of the M/B and connect that 4th fan on 1st port alone?

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Hi,

Based on your description, you have total 7 fans connected to TT Sync controller, and you have 2 fans plugged to the side that has sync issue, please correct me if wrong,

Can you try to swap the fans on port 1 and port 2, cuz it looks like the fan on port 1 didnt send commands to port 2, i assume both ports are functioning normal.

If all fans you have are Riing plus or Riing Duo, it is fine to plug total 9 fans to one TT Sync controller. 

4 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi,

Based on your description, you have total 7 fans connected to TT Sync controller, and you have 2 fans plugged to the side that has sync issue, please correct me if wrong,

Can you try to swap the fans on port 1 and port 2, cuz it looks like the fan on port 1 didnt send commands to port 2, i assume both ports are functioning normal.

If all fans you have are Riing plus or Riing Duo, it is fine to plug total 9 fans to one TT Sync controller. 

Let me make it clear

I have a total of 4 fans, in the begining I ve connected the first 3 on one side and the 4th on another (in nr.1 port of course) but I ve seen that only the two that were connected in port 1 on each side were in sync. So I ve used all nr.1 ports on each side for the first 3 and a nr.2 port for the 4th fan. So now 3 fans are in sync but the 4th fan that is on port 2 of one side is out of sync of course, so is there a way to make them all sync or is this how this controller works? 1-1-1 in their own sync, 2-2-2 in their own sync, 3-3-3 in their own sync? For example when rainbow is chosen in aura, 3 fans which are on port 1 are yellow-blue-green but the 4th which are in 2nd port is purple-orange-yellow.

I think I ve made it clear enough now:) Also one other thing I ve noticed is Flash and Dash is not working at all, correct?

Thanks a lot

Thank you for the detail.

Discussed with our R&D team, to verify if this is a hardware issue or software issue, could you please try one more thing.

Please connect these 4 fans as 1-2 and 1-2, keep one side of controller empty, and please let me know the following info.

1. photos of these fans when running AURA rainbow, flash or dash?

2. Do the fans run our default rainbow mode when you turn on PC?

3 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Thank you for the detail.

Discussed with our R&D team, to verify if this is a hardware issue or software issue, could you please try one more thing.

Please connect these 4 fans as 1-2 and 1-2, keep one side of controller empty, and please let me know the following info.

1. photos of these fans when running AURA rainbow, flash or dash?

2. Do the fans run our default rainbow mode when you turn on PC?

Hi and thanks for your response, well things are like this

1. Even now using 1-1-1 and one in the 2 or when used 1-2 and 1-2 connectors the fans that are connected to the nr.2 ports are in perfect sync each other as are the fans in port 1 but in different timing. For example when colors on first two are orange-purple-red the colors in the other two are yellow-green-blue. It's hard to take a photo but I did:) also concerning flash and dash they shut down completely if I choose this effect. This is one of my questions in asus  forum as well. 

2. No they run the color cycle until windows logon screen when they start the rainbow effect, set from the previous time in aura without me touching anything of course. 

20200910_093249.jpg

20200910_093226.jpg

TT Sync controller sends the same command to 1-1-1, 2-2-2, and 3-3-3, means every 1st port will receive the same command.

Every MB has different max LED support, some are 200 LEDs, some just 150 LEDs, in order to ensure every product plugged can work properly, we uses parallel design to send command to those ports.

TT Sync controller sends the same command to 1-1-1, 2-2-2, and 3-3-3, means every 1st port will receive the same command.

Every MB has different max LED support, some are 200 LEDs, some just 150 LEDs, in order to ensure every product plugged can work properly, we uses parallel design to send command to those ports.

Yes I understood this with the ports first hand:) The thing is that I m way below the limit since asus supports 500 leds and I m at 48 with the 4fans*12 leds each, also how do you count leds since are all plugged in the tt controller? I mean the one of the two ports on the mb is used and it goes straight to the controller, so if I put in aura settings 12 leds then the one fan in the 4th port connected is shutting off its leds, from that point either I put 24, or 36 or 48 results are the same, mentioned earlier. Something fails to multiply the same signal to all ports, is it the controller that receives one and only signal frim the m/b or the m/b that sends faulty bitstream?

I am not sure if AURA changed anything, but what i know is AURA sends one signal to our controller, and the controller just pass it to the products, 

I will contact AURA team to check if they change the way to send signal.

Probably they changed something since the controller cannot set the 4th fan correctly. I can send you any file or setting you might need  from my system since asus is not famous of its response time. Please let me know what you need to help you solve this!

Thanks