Issue with Toughram software

Pythean

Dear TT,

Everytime I use the Toughram software it fails to start up and is left hanging indefinately (see image).

TT2.PNG.786fdcda39946d7274c06a1945a7886c.PNG

Incidently I also have iTake installed for Mouse/Keyboard/Headset, and RGB plus for the fans. Uninstalling all and reinstalling does not fix the issue. Any ideas or suggestions? Was paitently waiting for further software updates to see if a new version fixed it.

Thanks in advance.

I'll just reply to myself since I had to sort all this out myself. Finally fixed the TOUGHRAM software (I hope, but not much confidence) by uninstalling everything and then manually deleting everything in the C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\TT folder - and then reinstalling.

Pretty convinced the RGB Fitting for my CPU block option in RGBPlus is broken as the colours dont seem to match. With my experience of TT so far I'd be fairly confident that this is a software rather than a hardware issue - I guess time will tell.

Think I've seen some similar comments on this in the Reddit forums too.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, Pythean said:

I'll just reply to myself since I had to sort all this out myself. Finally fixed the TOUGHRAM software (I hope, but not much confidence) by uninstalling everything and then manually deleting everything in the C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\TT folder - and then reinstalling.

Pretty convinced the RGB Fitting for my CPU block option in RGBPlus is broken as the colours dont seem to match. With my experience of TT so far I'd be fairly confident that this is a software rather than a hardware issue - I guess time will tell.

Think I've seen some similar comments on this in the Reddit forums too.

Hi Pythean

Sorry for late reply.

TOUGHRAM software has been updated to V1.0.6 to solve this problem.

Another problem is the RGB Plus. Please provide a screenshot or more pictures to describe your problem. We will help you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback.

TOUGHRAM 1.06 didn't resolve this problem as I tried installing that first. It was the manual deletion of the Roaming files that fixed this.

The issue with CPU block is the colours do not match with the static set up in RGB Plus. My photo will probably not show this very well but at least one third of the ring is green and not an even an RGB spectrum. However if I put it on copy color setting instead it fixes this - so definately a software glitch rather than hardware issue.

CPU block in static:

TT5.PNG.19946134ef49ce763a3923ee3696c3b1.PNG

CPU fixed by using colour copy:

TT6.PNG.149c9eb47194acc794c479bb6166a965.PNG

Here is a more blatant contrast to show what I mean, the software says:

TT7.PNG.b9317b4779f8aac095ba2181f8ec349b.PNG

Yet the block comes out with a very small section red and blue and mostly white:

TT8.PNG.6b57a729d38f603d05a3bfb68630f7a3.PNG

TT3.PNG

TT4.PNG

• 3 months later...

Have you got the Toughram and RGB Plus software both installed? If so, and it is not working I would uninstall both and then manually delete everything in the C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\TT folder - and then try reinstalling. Good luck!

One day I'm sure the software will work as intended, I still more than often have ITake asking me to reupdate the mouse.

21 hours ago, Pythean said:

Have you got the Toughram and RGB Plus software both installed? If so, and it is not working I would uninstall both and then manually delete everything in the C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\TT folder - and then try reinstalling. Good luck!

One day I'm sure the software will work as intended, I still more than often have ITake asking me to reupdate the mouse.

Yes, I got both softwares installed. I've tried to uninstall and manually delete Tt folders in C:\program files\Tt and then I've reinstalled both. Everything worked but just until the first reboot, after that the problem comes up again...

I'll try deleting the Roaming files and let's see what happens...

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, JeffWu said:

Hi Pythean

Sorry for late reply.

TOUGHRAM software has been updated to V1.0.6 to solve this problem.

Another problem is the RGB Plus. Please provide a screenshot or more pictures to describe your problem. We will help you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback.

why can't ttrgb plus (1.4.1) and toughram software (1.0.7) work together?

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently updated to the 1.0.7 which fixed an issue where my toughram wouldn't even sync with the RGB plus software and it worked great for a whole week, then the app started to hang up same as the OP.  I reinstalled it and this did not fix the issue.   

I saw someone mention that maybe there was an issue with the RBG plus software version not being right, so I looked at mine and I was running 1.0 still.   I just uninstalled it and downloaded the current version 1.4.2 and now that won't even load.  It shows the seizure warning screen then just closes out.  so now, i have two apps that don't work!

I did some more reading and followed an idea of cleaning out the roaming profile data.  I went a step further and I uninstalled all TT apps and deleted all TT folders, rebooted my system, then reinstalled everything.  I am really bummed because it wiped out an entire years worth of data that it was tracking in terms of energy usage and cost.  Now it's back at zero.  
Anyways, everything appears to be running as it should right now.  Hoping it stays.  TT really needs to look at fixing how bad and unstable this app environment is.  If they don't my next Pc won't use TT products because it's just been one hassle after another. 

Edited by schunckadunk
situation update

• 8 months later...

To address this issue, the TOUGHRAM program has been upgraded to V1.0.6. After reading your post, I believe that children's writing skills are also required. That is why I recommend visiting https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/harry-potter/. This website is a good place to go if you want to write or read Harry Potter essays. You'll get a lot more than what's included in this category. It is beneficial for academic paper writing and essay writing.

• 4 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, schunckadunk said:

I just recently updated to the 1.0.7 which fixed an issue where my toughram wouldn't even sync with the RGB plus software and it worked great for a whole week, then the app started to hang up same as the OP.  I reinstalled it and this did not fix the issue.   

I saw someone mention that maybe there was an issue with the RBG plus software version not being right, so I looked at mine and I was running 1.0 still.   I just uninstalled it and downloaded the current version 1.4.2 and now that won't even load.  It shows the seizure warning screen then just closes out.  so now, i have two apps that don't work!

I did some more reading and followed an idea of cleaning out the roaming profile data.  I went a step further and I uninstalled all TT apps and deleted all TT folders, rebooted my system, then reinstalled everything.  I am really bummed because it wiped out an entire years worth of data that it was tracking in terms of energy usage and cost.  Now it's back at zero.  
Anyways, everything appears to be running as it should right now.  Hoping it stays.  TT really needs to look at fixing how bad and unstable this app environment is.  If they don't my next Pc won't use TT products because it's just been one hassle after another. 

A little over a year later and I am back to having issues with the Toughram application not working.  This time none of the previous fixes are working.  I am using version 1.09.  Downloaded a fresh installer and went through the steps I mentioned in my post above.  The new TT RGB Plus 2.0 software won't even detect my Toughram either for the lighting control since I'm assuming it needs the TR software to be working.  Windows and the Toughpower section see that I have the RAM, but no RGB control.  I gotta say that the RGB plus 2.0 Software has been a nice change, but man still having issues with this stuff after 3 years has really made me reconsider keeping a TT RGB environment. I want to build a smaller version of my system and make it match, but do I really want to have double the headache?