TT RGB Plus not saving settings!

Hyins

I have 3 Riing Trio 20 fans in 2 controllers, the software not remember the lights and speed settings to hardware, already tried tt rgb version 1.3.0, 1.3.3, 1.3.4, 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9, all my settings go back to defaults after I close tt rgb plus, every time I shutdown and reboot my pc the fan lights and speed go back to defaults.

here is the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdjzh635zmmp146/Tt.zip?dl=0

On 11/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, Hyins said:

You mean the lighting effect is actually do not support to save?

Dear User

Our lighting effects must be turned on TT RGB PLUS. 

TT RGB PLUS will store any lighting effects you set, and the lighting effects will be activated next time you open the software.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:52 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear User

Our lighting effects must be turned on TT RGB PLUS. 

TT RGB PLUS will store any lighting effects you set, and the lighting effects will be activated next time you open the software.

I don't want to keep the TT RGB Plus automatically launch and running in the background on my Win10 (also have Linux installed), TT RGB Plus should support change and save lighting effects & fan speed to HARDWARE like Corsair iCUE, or allow user to flash Riing controller's firmware base on user custom lighting effects.

1.png

• 3 months later...

Dear user
nah just kidding this is not auto-generated

Hyins i have been using TT RGB Plus version 1.1.6 wich allows me to save to my controller of my "Riing Plus 14" (5fans 1 controller)

i came accros this issue that my PC was always booting in Rainbow barf, a work around i currently am using is saving a profile to the fan-controller with 1.1.6 and later installing a newer version to get the updated/newer animations.

now when the PC boots it has a themed "Boot-up" animation(saved to the controller and fans 20-30%) until windows is booted and the software takes over the controller again, closing the software in windows does set it back to the default state that you saved with 1.1.6 so the software needs to run unless you saved a profile with 1.1.6 then you can just close the software in windows as it's on the controller.

i know it's not the news most people wanted to hear but it's a nice work-around.

i am suspecting that something changed on development side and either they forgot about "save-to-device" or choose to ditch that since the newer animations/profile data would exceed a hardware limitation of saving capacity of the controllers and whent for maximum compatibility for all products.

(this happens allot with older or first implemantations of hardware that you need the old software to properly control it)

in hindsight i have Corsair gear as well and if i knew this would be a thing then i would have payed the Premium price of corsairs commander and fans just becoase the software is solid for beginners or experts, it's also fun to play around with custom profiles your friends made.

i hope this work-around helps you or others that are reading this so people can still get the most out of their product.

Best regards (an experianced tinkerer).