Core P5 Tempered Glass Snow Edition - 2 pumps and réservoir ?

kienast

Dear All , 

I have the following current build that can find here https://pcpartpicker.com/b/FQNQzy . 

I would like to update this build and add an additional pump + reservoir in order to separate my CPU and my GPU cooling . 

I like the Pacific DP100-D5 Plus and the DP100-D5 Plus Distro-Plate both with Pump Combo , but , I dont think I can moe than one reservoir + pump on this chassis .

I tried to have a look on the web and could not find any example of such a build .

Does someone knows if it is possible and how ? 

thanks 

K.

• Pacific DP100-D5 Plus Manual

On 11/12/2020 at 10:02 AM, kienast said:

Dear All , 

I have the following current build that can find here https://pcpartpicker.com/b/FQNQzy . 

I would like to update this build and add an additional pump + reservoir in order to separate my CPU and my GPU cooling . 

I like the Pacific DP100-D5 Plus and the DP100-D5 Plus Distro-Plate both with Pump Combo , but , I dont think I can moe than one reservoir + pump on this chassis .

I tried to have a look on the web and could not find any example of such a build .

Does someone knows if it is possible and how ? 

thanks 

K.

• Pacific DP100-D5 Plus Manual

Hi. I'm looking for a chassis similar but I think I like the P7 with the left and right 'wings' to put a pump and radiator on each side.

I wonder if you can retro fit the wings onto your P5 or not. The page wasn't working so I couldn't see your build.

HELLO

Thanks for your answer , the link does work .... https://pcpartpicker.com/b/FQNQzy

Do you have a picture of the "wing" you ae talking about ? I am notsure to understandwhat you mean here ..

For me I think the ideal situation will be to be able to fit both a Pacific Core P5 DP-D5 Plus Distro-Plate with Pump Combo & Pacific DP100-D5 Plus Distro-Plate with Pump Combo on the case , one circuit for the GPU and the other one for the future SLI of 3080ti :) 

But I can not find the right way to do this 

thanks 

On 11/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, kienast said:

HELLO

Thanks for your answer , the link does work .... https://pcpartpicker.com/b/FQNQzy

Do you have a picture of the "wing" you ae talking about ? I am notsure to understandwhat you mean here ..

For me I think the ideal situation will be to be able to fit both a Pacific Core P5 DP-D5 Plus Distro-Plate with Pump Combo & Pacific DP100-D5 Plus Distro-Plate with Pump Combo on the case , one circuit for the GPU and the other one for the future SLI of 3080ti :) 

But I can not find the right way to do this 

thanks 

Links working now, nice job. looks real nice.

Here is a picture of The P7 - it looks like your P5 but with the added left and right extensions for water-cooling the GPU from the left and CPU from the right.

To tell you the truth, I'd like to but the P%, especially if it came with the side glass. Also, it's going for $169.00 now. The P7 (pictured) is $300.00.

Waiting to see if it is cheaper when Black Friday hits, or I might buy the P5 and hope for the best with the extensions. The corners from the pics I have seen look like the P5 could have the wings bolt on, but I'm not sure. I dig having the four 120 quad fans on the Radiator - even better with 12 on the 2 radiators and main body of a core P7!!! Picture only has 3, but you can fit 4 .

0 NEXT PROJECT.png

10 hours ago, kienast said:

ok I see but this case will take much much more space versus the P5 ....

I am also looking at the Corsair Obsidian 1000D to be honest ............... or the thermaltake P8 

thanks 

K.

Lol, that Corsair is a monster. I saw one in Micro Center, even bigger than my View 71 - like the 6 front fans, but I don't want things facing 2 directions, that's why I want the P5 or P7.

I really thing the P7 is just the P5 with the addons. it's so cheap right now ($169.00) compared to $300.00 for the P7.

That corsair is the biggest tower type chassis that I've seen so far.

Do  you think Thermaltake will have black Friday sales?

I really hope so. They should be giving me a discount seeing I'm doing this whole build with T.T..

Good luck with whatever you choose. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, kienast said:

On the Corsair obsidian 1000d there is a specific sexy distro made by EKWB https://www.ekwb.com/news/a-reflection-of-1000d-super-tower-with-a-super-distro-plate/

Not cheap but I like the minimalist combinaison of both so I might go this way for my next build ....

let me know what you think ! 

thanks 

K

Those water blocks are pretty cool. I saw recently a case that was a waterblock, or at least the whole back of the case was a block like that.

Anyway, I have joined you in the Core P5 club. I just couldn't wait for the P7 to get back in stock. 

I was able to get he Titanium edition (4 3.0 USB instead of 2 & 2) - $160.00, and it was the last at Amazon, now they go for $220.00 from the gougers.

It should be here Tuesday - I think I can always make my own extensions if I want to do Water cooling like the picture.

That is if I can't but the extension as an add on. I know the cases are the same for P5 & P7.....I hope they'll sell it to me.

...if they ever get them themselves.

Can't wait to get a 480m radiator for these killer quads!!!!

On 11/19/2020 at 5:22 AM, kienast said:

ok I see but this case will take much much more space versus the P5 ....

I am also looking at the Corsair Obsidian 1000D to be honest ............... or the thermaltake P8 

thanks 

K.

The reason I didn't consider the P8 was because although it holds a #### load of fane, it still has them coming from the fides, while I want everything facing front.

This P5 will hold the extensions for the P7, and since I couldn't but it when I tried to, I hope they will sell me the pieces for the amount they'd cost if I bought the P7.

I got the TG Titanium edition. It is light black/grey. not 'black' 

Here is a quick install of the basics. Not great pics, I know ;)

P% CORE 2.jpg

P% CORE.jpg