Rbg issue on view 51 with msi motherboard

Yann Avondo

Hi guys ! 

At first, I apolize for my english language, i try to do my best😂

So i recently buy view 51 argb black, its beautiful ! I already buy water 3.0 argb watercooling for my processor on b550 motherboard from MSI, with mystic light.

First try :  

I try to plug argb connector of my watercooling argb to the same place as chassis's fan, as you can see on as you can see in the example screenshot. With this one I can only control my rbg with the reset button on my view 51, when i try to hold 3 sec to past with motherboard, only one led is red and on mystic light when i change the color of jrainbow nothing is happening.

Second try :

I tried another method then, I have 2 jrainbow connectors on my motherboard, I tried to connect the water 3.0 watercooling directly to one of the two jrainbow connectors, with that  I can now control the rgb of the watercooling but still not control the unit fans of the view51 from the motherboard sotfware mystic light.

My question is therefore if I buy the TT Controller ( https://fr.thermaltake.com/tt-sync-controller-tt-premium-edition.html )  to connect the fans of the view 51 box instead of connecting them to the chip, will it work? Or is there another solution?

Thank you so much and have i nice day ! 

exemple schema.png

5 hours ago, Yann Avondo said:

Hi guys ! 

At first, I apolize for my english language, i try to do my best😂

So i recently buy view 51 argb black, its beautiful ! I already buy water 3.0 argb watercooling for my processor on b550 motherboard from MSI, with mystic light.

First try :  

I try to plug argb connector of my watercooling argb to the same place as chassis's fan, as you can see on as you can see in the example screenshot. With this one I can only control my rbg with the reset button on my view 51, when i try to hold 3 sec to past with motherboard, only one led is red and on mystic light when i change the color of jrainbow nothing is happening.

Second try :

I tried another method then, I have 2 jrainbow connectors on my motherboard, I tried to connect the water 3.0 watercooling directly to one of the two jrainbow connectors, with that  I can now control the rgb of the watercooling but still not control the unit fans of the view51 from the motherboard sotfware mystic light.

My question is therefore if I buy the TT Controller ( https://fr.thermaltake.com/tt-sync-controller-tt-premium-edition.html )  to connect the fans of the view 51 box instead of connecting them to the chip, will it work? Or is there another solution?

Thank you so much and have i nice day ! 

exemple schema.png

PM U. 

• 4 months later...

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. RMAd the controller AND the fans, still no control via mystic light. This is SO beyond frustrating :(

edit: THANK YOU to OP of this post. You'll never see this, but I cannot thank you enough. I tried literally everything. Had the stupid fans and controller processed via RMA.

The solution? MOVE THE CABLE. I had it plugged from Jrainbow1 into the bottom connector of the controller. Moved it to the top slot and now I have full control. I don't know if I should just be angry at myself for not trying harder to check the cabling, or that support never said "Hey I know our instructions are dumb, are you sure jrainbow1 is connected to the top of the controller itself?"

Either way, it works. I can control my lights now. Now I just have to deal with the horrific RMA process through TT :(